The Student Room Group
I don't know how it went.

Answered the first relationships question well. Halfway through the personality development one my anxiety disorder kicked in. Got so frustrated I felt like crying. It went away about half way through the final biological ryhthms one.

Really, really don't know how I did. High C maybe or low B. I hope so.

I'm really, really frustrated though. My medical problem made me give a crap answer in an english lit exam for AS last year (still got 99/120 though), and it's stopped me doing as well as I could again. I probably gave 80% as much as I could. So I'm very annoyed and frustrated.

Might just go to the pub and get pissed now! :smile:
Reply 2
Soo glad it's over, I've put all my notes in the back cupboard now, hopefully won't be needing them again.

How did everyone answer the relationships q? I think that was my worst essay, although I tink I did okay on all of them.

I had explanantions of the differences eg voluntary/non voluntary, as a 24 mark essay, but had also prepared an essay on research studies, so I tried to merge them but I'm not sure if I emphasized the research studies enough, and I didn't really evaluate them. Will be interesting to see the mark scheme for it!
I thought my cultural relationships essay was actually my strongest :-S well either that or the media on anti-social behaviour.
Yeah, I don't think I put enough research studies in either. And i kept forgetting the names of studies so I was just like "A study showed... blah blah blah". Oops!
Reply 4
Notebook secrets which other topic did you do?

Hopefully I'll have done enough for an A, will be disappointed if not!

Research studies wise I used epstein, Hsu- continuity/discontinuity, Collins and coltrane, arygle et al, and ting and toomey. Think that was it..
I used Hsu, Epstein, Collins & Coltrane, Shaver, Wu & Schwartz, Harris, Adar, Levine et al, and Kaphart. Unfortunately, I didn't really evaluate them, and out of those 8 studies I forgot the names of 4 of them!

My other question was number 14: Outline and evaluate research studies into animal language.

I haven't seen anyone else on here mention doing animal psychology yet!
Reply 6
Did we necessarily need to evaluate them though notebooksecrets? This is what I'm not sure about...I just them as part of a commentray amongst general commentary about contuinty/discontuiny and voluntary/non voluntary.

The worst part is after the exam waiting for the results imo, drives me mad!
I did the same sort of thing as you. I focused on Voluntary/non-voluntary, Individual/Group-based and Attitudes towards love. Seeing as how the question said "Discuss the differences" I decided to focus more on comparing cultures than evaluating studies. I just used the studies to back-up the general comments I'd already made.
Reply 8
Gutted, we didn't really look at culture a lot. Especially not diagnosis issues. So I'm a bit disappointed.

Latest

Trending

Trending