The Student Room Group
Reply 1
For French I'm doing my work experience, and for German a holiday. :smile:
Reply 2
For Spanish, I didn't talk about anything for the mocks (our Spanish class was a mess :p: ). For the real thing I didn't have a speech, but I was able to choose a topic area to talk about and I picked holidays.

For German, for both mock & real I talked about the environment - why we should conserve it, what I currently do, what might happen if we don't, etc.

Other popular options are daily routines, work experience, free time/hobbies, schooling/education, any visits to Spain, media, etc. Your current chosen topic sounds fine. To be honest, at GCSE level they're not really looking for much in terms of content - if you got several nice phrases, a variety of tenses, vocab, structures etc, and you sound relatively confident, it should be ok. Incidentally, for Spanish I tried to include present, preterite, imperfect, perfect, future, conditional and subjunctive.
Is this for a speech? At GCSE I talked about the time I'd won the lottery but my brother accidently shredded my ticket, so I was devestated (not real!). I then went on to say what I'd do if I won the lottery again and was actually able to claim my prize :p:
Reply 4
I haven't had a German speaking mock yet as my school as found them not to be beneficial in the past and make students worry too much :biggrin: So I don't have my mock until just after easter (real thing is May).

I will probably just memorise one of my courseworks anyway, as we did 4 and you only need to submit 3. It will probably be the Betriebspraktikum (work experience for you non German learners), but it doesn't really make much difference as I got full marks in all of them.
Reply 5
For french mock I talked about my family. It's a nice easy topic but by doing my speech on that it means I can't answer the conversation questions on that area. I can, however, answer the questions that follow the presentation.

For german I talked about school. Again an easy topic area. I'm going to use the same speeches for my real one
Reply 6
It's just annoying, I have to hand in this work tomorrow and my internet had been broke for 2 hours this evening!!!
Now I have to make up something about what do I eat!!!
I didn't do a mock for GCSE French because apparently we didn't have time, but for the real exam, I did holidays. Incidentally, I ended up doing the same topic when I taught myself GCSE Spanish last year- I hadn't realised that before. Follow Excalibur's advice though- give opinions and justification of opinions to extend your answers, use a range of vocab and try to get all the main tenses in.
I dont remember doing a mock at all for my french oral.. we did edexcel.. i did the Education training and employment for both as my chosen topic.. and remember i got media entertainment and youth culture chosen for me :angry: grrrr but i i still got 2a*s!:biggrin:
Reply 9
For my German I did a review of "Crime and Punishment" and for my French I talked about poverty. I should warn you not to be too ambitious because it isn't necessary at all; had I decided to do something simpler for French then I would have most likely scored higher. (Although I still got an A* :wink:)

Latest

Trending

Trending