The Student Room Group

will i be able to get into uni with my gcse grades?

hi, im in year 12 atm and im taking english language, media and sociology a level. when i was in year 10/11 i left school for a bit because of social anxiety and only did maths english and science at gcse. i got all fives and a six in english language gcse. im much better now and am really trying to do well in my a levels. i was wondering if this would make me unable to go to university or how much harder it would make it. at uni i want to do korean. thank you :smile:
Hi - you have an understandable reason for your GCSEs, and they will primarily look at your A levels. Make it clear in your personal statement and I'm sure you'll be fine. Best of luck!
Reply 2
Original post by EAB11
Hi - you have an understandable reason for your GCSEs, and they will primarily look at your A levels. Make it clear in your personal statement and I'm sure you'll be fine. Best of luck!

thank you so much!!
Original post by fxyskz
hi, im in year 12 atm and im taking english language, media and sociology a level. when i was in year 10/11 i left school for a bit because of social anxiety and only did maths english and science at gcse. i got all fives and a six in english language gcse. im much better now and am really trying to do well in my a levels. i was wondering if this would make me unable to go to university or how much harder it would make it. at uni i want to do korean. thank you :smile:

Have a look at course requirements. Check particularly if the university wants any minimum English language grades or a minimum number of GCSE passes.
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
Have a look at course requirements. Check particularly if the university wants any minimum English language grades or a minimum number of GCSE passes.

thank you , they only have specific a level requirements and just english language at a grade 4 for gcse. :smile:
Original post by fxyskz
thank you , they only have specific a level requirements and just english language at a grade 4 for gcse. :smile:

Good. Make sure your referee explains your circumstances and its relevance to your GCSE performance.
Reply 6
Original post by ageshallnot
Good. Make sure your referee explains your circumstances and its relevance to your GCSE performance.

thank you for the help!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest