The Student Room Group

How to clean makeup sponges?

I've recently changed to using sponges instead of my fingers to do my makeup (I KNOW IT'S SO BAD TO USE YOUR FINGERS :lol:) and I looked on Google on how to clean them and it just says 'put the sponge under a running tap, add antibacterial soap and wash until the water from the sponge runs clear'.

I've been doing that, but it feels... lacking? How do you clean your makeup sponges? Any suggestions are appreciated. :tongue:
Original post by liomeeringca
I've recently changed to using sponges instead of my fingers to do my makeup (I KNOW IT'S SO BAD TO USE YOUR FINGERS :lol:) and I looked on Google on how to clean them and it just says 'put the sponge under a running tap, add antibacterial soap and wash until the water from the sponge runs clear'.

I've been doing that, but it feels... lacking? How do you clean your makeup sponges? Any suggestions are appreciated. :tongue:

When I've used them in the past I've just cleaned them under running hot water. Don't tend to use sponges anymore, just use my hands. Nothing wrong with it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What kind of sponges? If you mean those squishy triangle kinds I'd say just buy a new packet every once in a while, a big packet. You can get them in poundland.
Reply 3
When I wash either brushes or sponges, I put a big blob of hand soap or body wash on my hand, put that under the tap while rubbish whatever I'm washing around in circles in the soap, and then I put them in a very shallow dish of water to rinse them off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest