The Student Room Group

Why are men like this?

I wanted some advice TSR

I was seeing this guy until I found out he was also speaking to another girl.

When I confronted him he said there was nothing in it and they are just friends, I didn't really believe him so I broke up with him. Now I have broke up with him, him and this girl he was speaking to have started dating! What a surprise!

I'm upset and angry at him for doing me like that. It's like obviously my suspicion was right, so he lied to me.

I don't know TSR, maybe it's this heat making me feel a little crazy but I feel a bit crazy today and angry with him :/.

He told me he loved me and was so lovely to me, apart from that and I miss him and it hurts to think of him with another girl :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You picked a bad one.

Move on.
I had the exact same experience with a girl who said she didn't like a guy, the next day dumped me and started dating him. It happens. I know it hurts now but it may lead to someone better. If she hadn't dumped me when she did I wouldn't have met my current partner and she is more perfect than I could have believed. I had a bad experience with a bad person, it happens, but it lead to an amazing experience with an amazing person. It hurts but in the long run you will find someone better.
Well you could look at it that he's confirmed you made the right decision to break up with him. I know it's not much of a consolation, but it's something I guess.
Reply 4
Not all guys are like that, some like him evidently are two faced and fundamentally not nice people. Don't put too much worry on it, there will be someone out there who is right for you, there are decent guys out there and i am sure you will find one :smile:
You dumped someone for speaking to another girl? And now you're angry? This makes no sense. What's the problem with speaking to other people? Why do you care about who he's having sex with anyway, you dumped him and he moved on. I don't see a problem here.
Original post by Anonymous
I wanted some advice TSR

I was seeing this guy until I found out he was also speaking to another girl.

When I confronted him he said there was nothing in it and they are just friends, I didn't really believe him so I broke up with him. Now I have broke up with him, him and this girl he was speaking to have started dating! What a surprise!

I'm upset and angry at him for doing me like that. It's like obviously my suspicion was right, so he lied to me.

I don't know TSR, maybe it's this heat making me feel a little crazy but I feel a bit crazy today and angry with him :/.

He told me he loved me and was so lovely to me, apart from that and I miss him and it hurts to think of him with another girl :frown:

Well you are obviously and capable person to understand what he was doing and drop him. So well done. Nothing you can do about the way you are feeling, it will pass with time. :smile:
Cus we are all *****

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some men just go from one girl to another. I'd just move on if I was you. You made the right decision to break up with him then I guess, move on and find yourself a better guy
It could be different. He could have been telling the truth, and he's rebounding by starting things with someone else, or it's now more sensible for him to pursue things given that you aren't in a relationship anymore. I can't say which is more likely,

But you're hurt. Been there. Give it some time, it'll numb down, you'll move on and that'll help you in finding someone else.
Both sex do this. He probably wasn't interested in you. But yeah that's no reason to lead someone on. Move on, you'll find someone better
Some guys are like that I guess, they maybe do it for a ego boost or just for a bit of fun. I'm sorry that you got hurt but really not all guys are like that. Hopefully you'll find a much better guy soon! :smile:
He used you so now you have to get over it.

Not all men are like this so pipe down
Original post by bittr n swt
He used you so now you have to get over it.

Not all men are like this so pipe down

How did he use her? All he did was speak to another girl, I don't see why that's a problem. He assured her that there was nothing in it but she shot him down and dumped him. Didn't even give him a chance. The only reason he rebounded is because he got dumped, now for some reason the thread starter is angry?? Makes no sense! She was the one who did the dumping! Does that mean you're only allowed to talk to one girl at a time (lol) and talking to more than one girl at a time means you're using people?? And all of a sudden if you get dumped, you're not allowed to start seeing someone else?? I think not.

It'd make more sense if her ex made a thread saying "girlfriend dumped me for just TALKING to another girl".
Original post by Liquid Harvest
How did he use her? All he did was speak to another girl, I don't see why that's a problem. He assured her that there was nothing in it but she shot him down and dumped him. Didn't even give him a chance. The only reason he rebounded is because he got dumped, now for some reason the thread starter is angry?? Makes no sense! She was the one who did the dumping! Does that mean you're only allowed to talk to one girl at a time (lol) and talking to more than one girl at a time means you're using people?? And all of a sudden if you get dumped, you're not allowed to start seeing someone else?? I think not.

It'd make more sense if her ex made a thread saying "girlfriend dumped me for just TALKING to another girl".

but he wasn't just speaking to another girl, they were having an affair
Original post by bittr n swt
but he wasn't just speaking to another girl, they were having an affair

An affair? The thread starter didn't mention any affair, just said her ex was talking to another girl. No sex, no kissing, none of that. She got angry and dumped a guy just for talking to another girl, how strange.

Wait, let me read the rest of this thread...I'm clearly missing something.
That's what you get for dumping someone who has options, especially when you dump him for such a strange reason. How is her ex looking like the villain in all of this? Weird thread.
well *you* broke up with him whether he was cheating or not, right? if he was cheating and you liked him enough to forgive him, you made the wrong move
This is what happens when Britain elects a Conservative government...
*has moderately bad experience with ONE person* "OMG why are ALL men terrible"

maybe, just maybe, your dumping him is the reason he decided to initiate a relation with her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending