The Student Room Group

Someone help me with my a levels and future!?!!

I am currently in a difficult situation regarding my a levels because i think i will have to resit. can anyone message me so i can talk you through my situation and give me any advice?
Original post by WhiteFishhh
I am currently in a difficult situation regarding my a levels because i think i will have to resit. can anyone message me so i can talk you through my situation and give me any advice?

Would you prefer to private message? I'd like to see if I can help. I'm no expert, but I don't want people to struggle :smile:

PM me if you need to, I have had to retake my AS year so I know how you feel :frown:

I'm happy to help :smile:

The best person to talk to is someone that knows you went at school or college.
Reply 5
Original post by emiloujess
PM me if you need to, I have had to retake my AS year so I know how you feel :frown:

What are your subjects??? In AS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by M.Adnan
What are your subjects??? In AS
Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I was taking Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Psychology. Now I've changed my subjects and am taking Psychology, Sociology and Film Studies.

PS. No comments about how Film is a soft subject please :smile: I have asked unis and it doesn't matter what subjects I do as long as I get the grades!!!
Well I was taking Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Psychology. Now I've changed my subjects and am taking Psychology, Sociology and Film Studies.
PS. No comments about how Film is a soft subject please :smile: I have asked unis and it doesn't matter what subjects I do as long as I get the grades!!!

There are several options/alternatives to redoing your a levels though:

-Continue and get your target A levels: through resits and hard work in the next year

- Continue and get bad/decent A levels, then Do a foundation course at a uni then move onto the degree you want. It will save you an year, and you can always do resits during that time to at least bump up your grade.

- Continue and get bad/decent A levels: do a diploma/HND (equivalent to the first two years of uni, then transfer to a degree)

So be sure to check out those options as it could save you a lot of time, and allow you to progress with it.
Im assuming you have only done your AS LEVELS of course.
@WhiteFishhh
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by FullOfDreams
There are several options/alternatives to redoing your a levels though, instead of two years say you could do a foundation course in the uni (Or another) that leads to the program you want. (I am assuming you will take another two years to do this right?) so youll save one year although very expensive. BTEC, or a diploma /HND that is essentially the first two years of your uni study *with bad a levels you can apply*
So be sure to check out those options as it could save you a lot of time, and allow you to progress with it,

I think you've quoted the wrong person lol, I am perfectly happy with my grades this year and so will not be moving onto a different course. Sound advice though :biggrin:
I think you've quoted the wrong person lol, I am perfectly happy with my grades this year and so will not be moving onto a different course. Sound advice though :biggrin:

Oh shi*!! sorry man! haha
Oh shi*!! sorry man! haha

aha :biggrin: Might come in handy if I haven't done as well as I thought. Might do a Film BTEC if I fail again :frown: Are you doing AS/A Levels? What subjects?
aha :biggrin: Might come in handy if I haven't done as well as I thought. Might do a Film BTEC if I fail again :frown: Are you doing AS/A Levels? What subjects?

I finished my a levels and am now off to uni. Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Chemistry and english (the last two at AS)
Grades BAA*CC

dont worry you wont fail, I have friends who have got CCD and are still going to do engineering/sciences its really not the end of the world

Youll get A's.
(edited 8 years ago)
I finished my a levels and am now off to uni. Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Chemistry and english (the last two at AS)
Grades BAA*CC

Those grades are insane!!! Well done :smile: I'm hoping to get BBB/ABC and go to Keele uni to do Psychology with Criminology. What uni/course you doing? (Sorry for all the questions, just curious lol)
Those grades are insane!!! Well done :smile: I'm hoping to get BBB/ABC and go to Keele uni to do Psychology with Criminology. What uni/course you doing? (Sorry for all the questions, just curious lol)

They are nothing but average.
I want to do engineering or physics, but I fear I may fail as the content may be too much for me. However, I really want to. And criminology sounds very interesting! are you looking for a career in law enforcement?
They are nothing but average.
I want to do engineering or physics, but I fear I may fail as the content may be too much for me. However, I really want to. And criminology sounds very interesting! are you looking for a career in law enforcement?

I'm sure you'll do great :biggrin: No, I'm hoping for a career in Criminal Psychology - Offender Profiling, etc.
Everyone makes mistakes so don't worry, and for me atleast failure is pretty much the best motivator out there, so don't give up and smack your exams 2nd time round.
That's great :smile: Good luck to you (im following you now btw haha) When will the AS results be out?

I think it's the same day as A2 - Thursday 13th August, a day all AS and A2 students are dreading. At least this year I can go into college to get them so I have my teachers' support instead of reading them on the internet like I did last year. And thanks, I'm hoping I do much better than last year!
I think it's the same day as A2 - Thursday 13th August, a day all AS and A2 students are dreading. At least this year I can go into college to get them so I have my teachers' support instead of reading them on the internet like I did last year. And thanks, I'm hoping I do much better than last year!

I had done poorly at my AS too (bs,cs,one a), and was afraid Id fail a2,
the country I am applying to (not Brit netiehr living in the UK) has a different educational system, so they have extremely specific a level/foreign board requirements. If you dont meet these, you cant go through. So I was scared for that, I sent my documents for review to their office, and in the meantime I looked at these options in case I didn't get what I wanted. That's how I know lol. You'll be fine.
Reply 18
From which Board dude??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest