The Student Room Group

Want to become a forensic pathologist

Hlo, I am currently in year 10 and going to do my gcse next year. I want to be a forensic pathologist in future , but I chose combined science for gcse instead of triple science will it affect my aim ? Can i become forensic pathologist by writing gcse on combined science also ? If yes what are my further steps to my aim? Hope someone can help me with this .

Thank you so much.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Angel maria bose
Hlo, I am currently in year 10 and going to do my gcse next year. I want to be a forensic pathologist in future , but I chose combined science for gcse instead of triple science will it affect my aim ? Can i become forensic pathologist by writing gcse on combined science also ? If yes what are my further steps to my aim? Hope someone can help me with this .

Thank you so much.

I’d recommend triple science as a basis for a level biology and chemistry so you don’t have gaps in knowledge since you’ll probably need those subjects at a levels but if you can’t change you can ask to change if possible if you are doing well later in the year and if not can just try to get the highest grades you can do get on the a level courses and maybe start to research a level content to get ahead. Overall it will be ok universities don’t really care about individual gcse grades

Thank you so much.

Forensic pathology is a subspecialty of histopathology which is a medical specialty, that requires a medical degree to go into.

You can get into a medical degree with combined science. Ergo, you can become a forensic pathologist with combined science GCSE.

The "further steps" are all the usual things to get into medicine. Look through the stickied threads in the medicine forum on here.
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by artful_lounger
Forensic pathology is a subspecialty of histopathology which is a medical specialty, that requires a medical degree to go into.

You can get into a medical degree with combined science. Ergo, you can become a forensic pathologist with combined science GCSE.

The "further steps" are all the usual things to get into medicine. Look through the stickied threads in the medicine forum on here.

Thank you so much for your response. Also how can I access the medicine forum , I can't see that option 🥲
Thank you so much for your response. Also how can I access the medicine forum , I can't see that option 🥲

The big list is here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forum.php :smile:

And the medicine forum is here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=195 !
Original post by artful_lounger

Thank you soooo much it was so helpful 🥹

Quick Reply

Latest