Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiddyDec
And the US so I am once again right.
Posted from TSR Mobile

They are not in the US, they are in Korean, hence Korean law applies. :wink:

Hence, I am right. :biggrin:

Checkmate.
Original post by Hai_Ann
This also occurred in the US as well. They used to live there. They went to the US embassy and they didn't offer much help (don't know why though probably to do with the fact the father has their passports). The woman was also raped by her own husband and his grandfather then the husband then forced his two sons to rape their own mother whilst she was drugged. Then in turn the boys got raped by anal sex by men. In general, the case presents the concept of rape where one is forcing themselves onto another without their consent.
We don't need to check the definitions. We don't need to get all 'literal' here. Whoever brought this up though... side-eyeing you hard.

It does not matter where it happened. They are in Korea now. Korean law applies.
Reply 62
Original post by Juichiro
It does not matter where it happened. They are in Korea now. Korean law applies.

Well, if this was in a Korean court common sense would rule. -_-
Reply 63
They are not in the US, they are in Korean, hence Korean law applies. :wink:

Hence, I am right. :biggrin:

Checkmate.

But the two sons are American citizens. Hence don't they stick with the US law?

The place the crime was committed is very important. Ever heard of extradition?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The place the crime was committed is very important. Ever heard of extradition?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Extradition only happens if both countries want it to happen which is not the case currently. There is no reason to believe it will happen. Korea might decide to punish them itself or it might leave them free as it was the case with a serial killer in Japan.
Original post by Hai_Ann
Well, if this was in a Korean court common sense would rule. -_-

Common sense is a misnomer. It is neither common not a sense.
Original post by Hai_Ann
But the two sons are American citizens. Hence don't they stick with the US law?

You can go to someone else's country and apply your laws to it. There is something called jurisdiction.
Reply 68
Im not at all suprised people are saying they think this is fake - people will convince themselves anything to avoid realising the horrific truth of the world - i read the response to a post online once about stating the statistics of rape offenders actually being convicted (6%) - this **** that replied said 'thats because the other 94% are lying about being attacked' - rape, child abuse, incestual rape, forced drug addiction these are all 'taboo' subjects that people find ivery difficult to understand which leads to them refusing to believe so they dont have to think about it - i know plenty of people that dont donate to charity, refuse to watch children in need or other charity events, or even those who joke about these 'taboo' subjects so they dont have to think about it (people will do anything) its disgusting and cowardly to do this - yes its painful to realise whats happening in the world but who do you think its more painful for - the people reading about it or the people going through it? Why on earth would these people make up whats happening to them? I dont know the laws and policies of Korea but im gonna bet the punishment for making something like that up about someone in such a high government/ political position is pretty brutal. Why eould they risk that if it wasnt true?

Please grow up, have some compassion and stop being such ****ing cowards - bad things like this happen to thousands of people across the world just because its jot happening to you - how on earth would YOU feel if this were happening to you and people were telling you that your a liar?
Original post by Mazzy95
Im not at all suprised people are saying they think this is fake - people will convince themselves anything to avoid realising the horrific truth of the world - i read the response to a post online once about stating the statistics of rape offenders actually being convicted (6%) - this **** that replied said 'thats because the other 94% are lying about being attacked' - rape, child abuse, incestual rape, forced drug addiction these are all 'taboo' subjects that people find ivery difficult to understand which leads to them refusing to believe so they dont have to think about it - i know plenty of people that dont donate to charity, refuse to watch children in need or other charity events, or even those who joke about these 'taboo' subjects so they dont have to think about it (people will do anything) its disgusting and cowardly to do this - yes its painful to realise whats happening in the world but who do you think its more painful for - the people reading about it or the people going through it? Why on earth would these people make up whats happening to them? I dont know the laws and policies of Korea but im gonna bet the punishment for making something like that up about someone in such a high government/ political position is pretty brutal. Why eould they risk that if it wasnt true?

Please grow up, have some compassion and stop being such ****ing cowards - bad things like this happen to thousands of people across the world just because its jot happening to you - how on earth would YOU feel if this were happening to you and people were telling you that your a liar?

And people go on the internet and tell lies to get a kick out of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes SOME people do - but as i said before in Korea i dont know the precise laws because im not korean but they would not get off lightly by telling lies about someone of such high power (they would probably be crucified for ****s sake)
Reply 71

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyway what does it matter - if your telling me that this is 100% not true then fine make your comments - but if you believe even a tiny percent that this could be true but you mostly believe this is a lie - then that still makes you a bad person because your putting your own selfish need to get your opinion out there over their lives - if this were happening to you and your read these posts how would you feel about people calling you a liar? You would feel devastated and might even stop voicing about what happened because people werent believing you - this is why people dont say anything, this is why so many rape and abuse cases dont get reported - because people are afraid others wont believe them.
Reply 72
I have read them. But I still don't believe them. There are people out there more than capable of producing a hoax of this magnitude. Just look at the cut4bieber hoax.

And how dare you compare something like this with the cut4bieber craze.
Original post by Mazzy95
And how dare you compare something like this with the cut4bieber craze.

Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am telling you, that's not rape.
The legal definition of rape is non-consensual penetration of a vagina (Source: http://www.rapecrisis.org.uk/rapeampsexualviolence2.php). That is why you can't rape a man.

Whilst men typically don't have a vagina, they do have a mouth and an anus:

The Act extends the definition of rape to include the penetration by a penis of the vagina, anus or mouth of another person.
The case happened in Korea. -_-
So you are wrong. Under Korean law, rape is defined as 'the penetration of the female sex organ by the male sex organ' using violence and intimidation.

You are wrong. Check the Korean definition of rape.

You'd still be wrong if we're talking about Korean laws.

Inserting a penis into an anus and/or mouth would be 'like-rape', so not sexual assault.

http://klawguru.com/2013/06/14/korean-law-on-rape/
Reply 76
Original post by Mazzy95

Wow, thank you!!!!! Why on earth would they tell a story like this? They're not only risking their future but their lives.
Reply 77

Because it diminishes it - they arent the same thing they arent as bad as each other they arent on the same level - also people choose to cut (i am a reformed cutter but i did it to punish myself not for attention or for a statement about a pop singer - even though cutting is mentally painful and a mental health problem its still a choice) whereas this mother and her sons arent choosing to be raped and abused thats why its called rape.
Reply 78
Common sense is a misnomer. It is neither common not a sense.

http://www.allkpop.com/buzz/2015/04/woman-charged-with-attempted-rape-for-the-first-time-in-korea

Now, tell me if a man can get raped or not!
Reply 79
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMjOEi1Et30

This is a video from the mother and her two sons. They all remain calm. Thank god they're safe. I really applaud them for the risks they took. In that situation, it would be hard to get out safe.
I believe they ran away in 2014, so quite a while ago. The reason why this story has just surfaced in the public just recently was because the police investigations they started back in 2014 were suddenly cancelled without the police notifying them that it was cancelled. A week or 2 weeks ago... I believe was when they made posts and this story started spreading to the local media who written articles of this but they were deleted once they were up for 5 minutes. If this was a hoax, articles wouldn't be deleted straight off the bat and there would've been clarifications by now from the husband or the accused clients.

PLEASE TWEET AND SHARE THIS STORY ON TWITTER WITH THE HASHTAG #HelpLeeJungHee

Only use this hashtag so people can find this story easily and we can possibly trend it.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending