The Student Room Group

MRes Management York vs Liverpool vs UEA

I have unconditional offers for Master of Research in Management programs at York and Liverpool, and Master of Research in Social Science Research Methods (Business and Management pathway) at UEA.

Could anyone with first hand exposure to the business schools of each of these universities, particularly at postgraduate level, comment on which of these universities has a better reputed business school, better overall reputation, and the prestige (if at all)?

Opinion about the degree of support provided (particularly if someone has completed a research degree), the overall environment, the facilities provided to research students, and the overall reputation of would be much appreciated.

All three business schools failed to get a mention in the top 200 business / management schools according to QS Subject specific (Business and Management) ranking released this March even though there are 25 other business schools from UK alone that form part of the top 200. Unfortunately, none of those 25 offer this course or lack in structure.

Among Liverpool and York, which of these is more prestigious, both overall and business school wise? I intend to apply for PhD elsewhere (outside UK) after this MRes so which of these would be considered a better choice from that viewpoint?

Apologies for the long post but I really need help and anyone's input based on facts or opinion would be much appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending