The Student Room Group

Is the nursing course good at Glasgow University?

I want to apply to do nursing at Glasgow and was wondering if people studying it there at the moment where enjoying it.
Original post by daniela1998
I want to apply to do nursing at Glasgow and was wondering if people studying it there at the moment where enjoying it.

Hi,

I don't study at Glasgow, however if you are particularly concerned about attending a good university, there are several university league tables available to help compare universities (This may be where you have seen Glasgow on though, as I believe they are quite high on these). Do please bear in mind though, that these rankings are only based on certain statistics, and not all of them will be important to you or mean the course is actually good.

As the NMC regulate the content and, to an extent, the structure of nursing and mifwifery degrees, you are likely to find there are many similarities across the universities.

Generally, your university doesn't affect job prospects either. What is worth considering, however, is the population you will be working with. I have trained in a very multi-cultural and deprived area, which has meant I have met challenging and unique situations which I wouldn't have come across elsewhere.

The best way to choose a uni, though, is to visit it. Just because a uni is the best in the country doesnt mean its the best uni for you! Its only by going to open days you'll truly discover whether you can see yourself there or not. Certain cities or towns will or won't suit you and your hobbies and lifestyle - there is plenty more to choosing a university than it's course, so please do remember that :smile:

Anyway, hope that helps a bit. Good luck!
Joel
3rd year children's nursing student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending