The Student Room Group

3rd year student nurse fail

Hi

I am 22 years old and was in my final year on nursing I was told by my mentor I am going to fail (final interview this week) This was my 3rd attempt I still want to be a nurse but I think I should no appeal as everthing happens for a reason. I was told by uni I leave with credits level 1 for 1st year and credits for 2 year but no 3rd year as I have not pass placement. I was thinking of going uni again to do health and social care or sociology

so confused atm :frown:

Thanks
Do you want to be a nurse? If you do then appeal and find out why you failed the placement. Be ware about thinking you can do another degree - for most degrees you will not get any funding if you've already had funding for a degree. NHS courses are an exception but I don't know how that would work since you've already done an NHS funded degree.

Personally I think the best thing for you to do is get a qualifying nursing degree - if you could transfer to another uni or appeal the decision then give that a go. I don't know how old you are or how much life experience you have but trying to do a second degree is very difficult financially and personally and the current economic climate is not good - don't make life harder for yourself. It's better to have a career and then think about switching further down the line than having no career and trying to get a job/retrain. Believe me!! I'm trying to apply to a second degree now and it's a huge financial/personal sacrifice. If you can avoid it then do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Glam_Girl_93
Hi

I am 22 years old and was in my final year on nursing I was told by my mentor I am going to fail (final interview this week) This was my 3rd attempt I still want to be a nurse but I think I should no appeal as everthing happens for a reason. I was told by uni I leave with credits level 1 for 1st year and credits for 2 year but no 3rd year as I have not pass placement. I was thinking of going uni again to do health and social care or sociology

so confused atm :frown:

Thanks

What reason has your mentor given for you failing placement?
competency not reaching the required level yet. I think I am done with nursing anyway just was not for me in the end. Hopefully I get to do a course again that I will be successful in :h:
Reply 4
What an awful shame; heartbreaking in fact, three years of hard work and nothing to show for it :frown:
so negative i gained experince and knowledge so please put ur negative thoughts somewhere please !!!!!!!!!! :tongue:
Reply 6
Wow, okay then. Now i see why you have failed. Good luck with your future endeavours :colonhash:
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi. I'm in the exact same position and would like to become a nurse. Has anybody got any suggestion?
You have to ask yourself why you failed several times in the third year?

If you have failed placement twice, the best thing to do is apply for another course. Nursing is not for you.

You can work as a health care assistant though and use the credits you already have to complete a degree in health and social care etc.

I didn't know they allowed you three attempts, at BCU you only get 2 and then your off the course, no pressure lol.
Reply 9
Can anyone help me plz....do you hand medicine modules in online or are they to be handed in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending