Aww thanks :hugs: I feel so loved again :love: :biggrin:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 381
Can i join please? Thanx :biggrin:
Reply 382
:hello:

Sure, i'll add you to the list :biggrin:
Reply 383
I love psychology! I never studied it in college, but I study people and their mannerisms all day long.
Fascinates me :smile:
Boh!!!!!! Add me to the list pleeeeeeeeeeeease
Reply 384
DeLboY
I love psychology! I never studied it in college, but I study people and their mannerisms all day long.
Fascinates me :smile:
Boh!!!!!! Add me to the list pleeeeeeeeeeeease

Done :hugs: :biggrin:
Reply 385
I'd like to join. I do BSc Psych at Cardiff and just got a first overall for my first year :biggrin: So I'll be carrying on. I thought it was hard at first, I couldn't seem to get used to the scientific style, or stats (I got C's in Science and Maths at GCSE) and kinda thought it'd be more like A level. I was very wrong :tongue:. For the first semester I couldn't get above a 2:2 or 2:1 at best, so I was really annoyed and thought I was crap :tongue: but it all improved in the second semester.

I hear the second year is a lot more difficult but less written stuff (reports etc!). Is it? o.O I'm doing Developmental, Statistics (oh joy, factor analysis!), Perception, Cognitive, Social and Abnormal next year. I still haven't decided what to pick in my 3rd year. Any tips? :smile:
Reply 386
Caesura
I'd like to join. I do BSc Psych at Cardiff and just got a first overall for my first year :biggrin: So I'll be carrying on. I thought it was hard at first, I couldn't seem to get used to the scientific style, or stats (I got C's in Science and Maths at GCSE) and kinda thought it'd be more like A level. I was very wrong :tongue:. For the first semester I couldn't get above a 2:2 or 2:1 at best, so I was really annoyed and thought I was crap :tongue: but it all improved in the second semester.

I hear the second year is a lot more difficult but less written stuff (reports etc!). Is it? o.O I'm doing Developmental, Statistics (oh joy, factor analysis!), Perception, Cognitive, Social and Abnormal next year. I still haven't decided what to pick in my 3rd year. Any tips? :smile:

What options do you have in your second year?

(I've added you to the list btw, put us in your sig :smile: )
Reply 387
Aaaah 16 days till results. God Im really looking foward to my degree.
Reply 388
Hanzing
Aaaah 16 days till results. God Im really looking foward to my degree.

So am i, but i'm really worried i won't get the grades to actually go to university! :frown:
Reply 389
im jus startin the coursework module for A2, (AQA specification A). its about the matching hypothesis......anyone know if there is a strict word limit or not?
:tsr:
Reply 390
Well my teacher said don't worry about the word count and just focus on writing what you think should be in the report and doing it professionally. I think I wrote about 2500-3000 words. Did notice in the booklet that he made that there was a wordcount of 1500. Though I got a high A. Even when going over the word count.
(my teacher is an examiner for AQA in psych)
Reply 391
Word counts have always been in my way.. I write to much.. Didnt manage to hold me back in my coursework though, But Im not sure there even was a word count.

Too true boho, I better get an A In Psych first off or I may go crazy.
Reply 392
With regard to word counts, yes it does matter, well it did in my school. I can't remember what the word count was, it was either 1500 or 2000. My teacher was quite strict about it all because in the previous years before ours the moderators had noticed that people were writing a lot more than they were supposed to, and he said that he would stop reading this year at a certin point if a candidate had written way over the limit. I had to cut mine back loads, as i have to every year in every subject, which was a right pain in the bum, but i still managed to get a very good mark :biggrin:
oooh, found the coolest ever course at uni before!!! Longborough (i think- or Lancaster) do a Social Psychology course, devoted entirely to Social psychology!!! No biology!!! wooooooooooo. Is it wise to pick a uni based solely on the course? well i havent checked the uni out yet, but it looks ok...
Reply 394
saiyamana
oooh, found the coolest ever course at uni before!!! Longborough (i think- or Lancaster) do a Social Psychology course, devoted entirely to Social psychology!!! No biology!!! wooooooooooo. Is it wise to pick a uni based solely on the course? well i havent checked the uni out yet, but it looks ok...

When I was looking around for unis I based my decisions on if I would like the course...after all you are going to be studying the course for 3 years min you will need to like it.
Did consider if I would like to live in the area afterwards and visited it to make sure the feel of the place was ok.
Reply 395
No Biology? Not a Lover then. I adore Blodge.. After doing it at A-level. I Mean its hard, and I should scrap a B hopefully But its jsut so fascinating. Especially the sections on neurological patterns, and innate behaviours.

What was everyones favourite part of there psychology Courses so far?
For me It had to be Dream stuff.
Hanzing
No Biology? Not a Lover then. I adore Blodge.. After doing it at A-level. I Mean its hard, and I should scrap a B hopefully But its jsut so fascinating. Especially the sections on neurological patterns, and innate behaviours.

Blodge???

never been a fan of biology, it seens too professional. The ideas seem complex IMO and you usually have to have fancy qualifications just to perform any experiments

my fave topic in psychology--------> Animal Behaviour
Reply 397
Blode was our nickname for Biology.. Made it seem more funner.. True Animal behaviour was definately up there.. Especially all of the Theory of Mind stuff which luckily came up in my exam.
Reply 398
Hanzing

My favourite part of the course was probably pro and anti social behaviour. I am really interested in working with young offenders who've committed crimes when i'm older so maybe thats why. Loved doing coursework as well as it gave me the chance to do my own thing.
http://www.dontclick.it/

har har, can you resist the temptation to click? :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending