The Student Room Group

UKL Psychology Society (UKL PsychSoc)

Scroll to see replies

awww :hugs::hugs: i shouldn't be on here but i can't study today...goodluck with it though...could you do something on memory?
I'd love to join. :biggrin:
Reply 782
Well find us on the socs list and see the magic :biggrin: Hmm im very tired..
Psychology behind insomnia please. i've got a general idea, but I'd just like to here your comment s on it, if you care to help. Thanks :smile:
Reply 784
Unconcious conflicts keeping people up all night?
between id and ego and superego right?
Reply 786
Suppose so, I mean they say that repressed desires can cause conflicts and so It may prevent people from sleeping. However sleep is also meant to help these conflicts so it wouldnt make alot of psychological sense.
I think there must be some biological reasons aswell.
True.
Maybe I ain't producing my Acetycholine properly.
so not producing enough ACh leads to insomnia? lol i don't think so. i'd be thinking having loads of it would,because that'd mean you're producing so many impulses that your brain is not resting and keeping you up from thinking about stuff....
dont suppose someone could check over my course work to make sure it makes sense? :smile: (psychology teacher is away :frown:)
i could help! lol...:redface: i doubt it.you could ask hanzing or raven
it looks ok saiya...but maybe you could use both male and female,so you get a fair result.because men and women are different,so when you get your results,you could say it's a fairly accurate assumption that the whole population is like that.i'm not sure but i guess that could make it better. :smile: but so far it looks ok :biggrin::yy: you'll have to ask the others obviously.
yea, tis hard to have done considering this is an all boys school (and mainly all boys 6th form) :frown: :redface:

will include that in the discussion tho :wink: :biggrin:

uhh, i'm not too sure as to whether i have the idea of dissonance correct or not, because i talk about how 2 health beliefs vary from participant to participant (in the hypothesis and background) but in the evaluation, i suggest that because there is no significant difference between the smokers' perception of the harm (seriousness) and cues to action (advertisements etc) then dissonance does not occur (because dissonance in this case would be a smoker identifying the cues to action present, but rating the perceived seriousness as low).
i'm not sure either. have a look through the thread for other people to ask.sorry i'm not much help:hugs:
Shylock
so not producing enough ACh leads to insomnia? lol i don't think so. i'd be thinking having loads of it would,because that'd mean you're producing so many impulses that your brain is not resting and keeping you up from thinking about stuff....

Yeah that's what I meant.
I said it ain't being produced properly... I couldn't remember if it was to much or too little that would lead to it, so I didn't say which. :biggrin:

I should really do some revision... lol :smile:
Reply 796
creamcrackered
Yeah that's what I meant.
I said it ain't being produced properly... I couldn't remember if it was to much or too little that would lead to it, so I didn't say which. :biggrin:

I should really do some revision... lol :smile:

It may also be too mnay receptors or too active receptors not just too much of the chemical. For evaluation purposes :wink:
you guys loook at saiya's essay.he needs help :smile:
would be helpful... :smile:
:hugs: saiya :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending