The Student Room Group

UKL Psychology Society (UKL PsychSoc)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1560
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
I dunno what it's about, tbh. As far as I can tell it gives me no powers.

internet sarcasm fail :frown:
Original post by Katie_louise
internet sarcasm fail :frown:

No, I got your sarcasm, don't worry :wink:
Reply 1562
Can i join? what does the UKL stand for though :s-smilie:?
No, I got your sarcasm, don't worry :wink:

It should enable you to accept join requests, and kick people out AFAIK

Original post by Jacke02
Can i join? what does the UKL stand for though :s-smilie:?

UK Learning, this site was called that before it was rebranded as the student room.
Reply 1564
I'm absolutely besotted by psychology.....its like a fever in my blood.....!!!!
well I can say that I am addicted....and I would love to join this society and share knowledge...!!! :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1565
Original post by dhruvita
I'm absolutely besotted by psychology.....its like a fever in my blood.....!!!!
well I can say that I am addicted....and I would love to join this society and share knowledge...!!! :smile:

Of course you can, just request to join on the group page :smile:
I'd like to join!
I'm an aspiring psychologist, restarting my a-levels due to personal problems but it's my dream.
Psychology is amazing! I'm in love with it lmao.
I got quite excited at the site of some PsychSoc thread that looks like it would be used for chat. Gutted to discover it's not very active :tongue:

I've requested to join the soc anyway :smile:
Reply 1568
What do the other 'socs' do to make them more active?
Reply 1569
Original post by Ecosse_14
I got quite excited at the site of some PsychSoc thread that looks like it would be used for chat. Gutted to discover it's not very active :tongue:

I've requested to join the soc anyway :smile:

:hello:

You have been added :biggrin:
:hello:

You have been added :biggrin:

Cheers :biggrin: :hi:
Reply 1571
Seeing as there are quite a few new subscribers, why not introduce yourself? What level you are at/ where you study/ areas of interest (all that kind of thing...) :smile:
Seeing as there are quite a few new subscribers, why not introduce yourself? What level you are at/ where you study/ areas of interest (all that kind of thing...) :smile:

Hello! :colone:
I'm in 1st year at St Andrews (out of 4 years for those not familiar with the Scottish system). I'm taking psychology as an extra subject although considering taking it onto honours with management as I've been really interested in it so far. I never did psych before taking it as an extra module in September so my knowledge is still very limited. So far we've covered the foundations & history of psychology, developmental, perception, neuroscience and memory. Only the basics in these areas though I'd guess.
Hey, Been away for ages but dithering about revision has brought me back to StudentRoom.
So, quick update. Im 2nd year Psychology student in London. Handed in my last piece of weighted coursework last week and now revision is upon me. Well to be fair, its supposed to have started over christmas but you know what its like.
I was just wondering how many people (already on degree courses) have felt so much uncertainty in terms of what they want to go into? I went in with an idea but also an open mind, now im so confused. Im interested in so many different areas!
Original post by clallen2
Hey, Been away for ages but dithering about revision has brought me back to StudentRoom.
So, quick update. Im 2nd year Psychology student in London. Handed in my last piece of weighted coursework last week and now revision is upon me. Well to be fair, its supposed to have started over christmas but you know what its like.
I was just wondering how many people (already on degree courses) have felt so much uncertainty in terms of what they want to go into? I went in with an idea but also an open mind, now im so confused. Im interested in so many different areas!

I'm only a first year but I started off wanting to be a clinical psych - my first clinical module shut that down pretty quick. Currently I want to do neuropsychology but I have a feeling the fact that it's largely research based may put pay to that... I know more what I don't want to do, rather than what I do want to do.
Original post by kiss_me_now9
I'm only a first year but I started off wanting to be a clinical psych - my first clinical module shut that down pretty quick. Currently I want to do neuropsychology but I have a feeling the fact that it's largely research based may put pay to that... I know more what I don't want to do, rather than what I do want to do.

Pretty similar here too. I went into the degree really wanted to go into clinical. And to an extent I still do. But I love neuroscience side of things and then thought that I would maybe aim to do a qualification in clinical neuropsychology after clinical training.
But then I also have a passion for inspiring people to engage in education and make learning interesting, fun and relevant. So I have also contemplated teaching. As with all of the above career considerations im interested in work with children rather than adults.

Then further adding to the mix is an interest in pregnancy and early infant-mother interaction, amongst those with difficult pregnancies, existing mental health issues and PND, and teenage pregnancy.

And recently I have a new found interest in research lol

Who knows I guess I'll just take it as it comes. Work hard and see what opportunities arise.
Original post by clallen2
Pretty similar here too. I went into the degree really wanted to go into clinical. And to an extent I still do. But I love neuroscience side of things and then thought that I would maybe aim to do a qualification in clinical neuropsychology after clinical training.
But then I also have a passion for inspiring people to engage in education and make learning interesting, fun and relevant. So I have also contemplated teaching. As with all of the above career considerations im interested in work with children rather than adults.

To be honest, most of the people who teach the neuropsychology modules at universities are themselves clinical psychs. You can do both.
To be honest, most of the people who teach the neuropsychology modules at universities are themselves clinical psychs. You can do both.

That is very true.
Am I right in thinking that you decided that you want to persue medicine after your degree? Or am I confusing you with someone else?
Reply 1578
Thought you guys would enjoy this...

Reply 1579
Eesh, I just found something really interesting for people doing A Level (they lie to us!):
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/piq.20099/pdf

About the Miller 7+-2 STM thing. If its not in the A Level spec, should I not include research that says otherwise?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending