The Student Room Group

UKL Psychology Society (UKL PsychSoc)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jacke02
Eesh, I just found something really interesting for people doing A Level (they lie to us!):
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/piq.20099/pdf

About the Miller 7+-2 STM thing. If its not in the A Level spec, should I not include research that says otherwise?

Wider reading is the death of A-level psychology. Especially in relation to neuro approaches everything I read is a complete contradiction to what we're taught.

What I do is mention this as part of the A02 so your writing what they want you to know from the spec but at the same time showing knowledge and *cough*truth*cough*. When you have questions on research that don't allow for A02 I'd probably go against intuition and write what they want you to know to be on the safe side.
Reply 1581
You have probably watched it already but I would really recommend this programme. It touches briefly on a really wide range of topics, many of which I have come across in my degree so far. :smile:
Original post by Katie_louise
You have probably watched it already but I would really recommend this programme. It touches briefly on a really wide range of topics, many of which I have come across in my degree so far. :smile:

I watched that yesterday, it was awesome and I also recommend it. Very interesting.

Gotta love Michael Moseley.
Reply 1584

Ooh i like this series. Its really good, but what's with all the clips of people looking at cameras and smiling? It gets kinda cringy lol. Horizon is the best for science docs :smile: This and anything by Brain Cox has literally 30 minutes of music and random videos of deserts and people, i guess for cinematic effect.
Reply 1585
Original post by Jacke02
Ooh i like this series. Its really good, but what's with all the clips of people looking at cameras and smiling? It gets kinda cringy lol. Horizon is the best for science docs :smile: This and anything by Brain Cox has literally 30 minutes of music and random videos of deserts and people, i guess for cinematic effect.

I think it is just to make it more of a tv programme and less of a lecture. They have to make it visually interesting.
Reply 1586
I think it is just to make it more of a tv programme and less of a lecture. They have to make it visually interesting.
Yeah, i guess that's also why they had like 3 videos of people giving birth aswell lol :tongue:. I think on another episode they filmed a water birth with underwater cameras...
Reply 1587
Hi,can you please add me to the list?
Can I join your amazingly awesome society?
So excited to start my degree come September!
Can I be added to the list?:smile:
Original post by sunlightxstarbright
So excited to start my degree come September!

What uni? :smile:
Original post by Ecosse_14
What uni? :smile:

Hopefully Plymouth so I can be down beside the sea :biggrin: Then hopefully onto Exeter for a Masters and a PhD at some point aha, long way off yet though! A-Level Psychology has been quite.. restraining in some cases so far, so it'll be nice to be able to have more freedom.
Original post by sunlightxstarbright
Hopefully Plymouth so I can be down beside the sea :biggrin: Then hopefully onto Exeter for a Masters and a PhD at some point aha, long way off yet though! A-Level Psychology has been quite.. restraining in some cases so far, so it'll be nice to be able to have more freedom.

Oh awesome! Good luck :smile:
Reply 1594
Everyone should now be added :biggrin: Sorry for the delay, just got through a horrific exam schedule.
Reply 1595
Hi everyone :smile: Seeing as most people have completed/almost completed the academic year I was wondering how you all got on. Good? bad? horrific? Advice for others who may be on a lower step of the ladder?
Looking back on what I have done in the exams, I think I will get into my insurance course which unfortunately isn't a psychology degree.

Looks I wont be posting here anymore :tongue:
Reply 1597
Original post by The Cornerstone
Looking back on what I have done in the exams, I think I will get into my insurance course which unfortunately isn't a psychology degree.

Looks I wont be posting here anymore :tongue:

What grades are you aiming for? I am really bad and predicting exam results, the A level module I was convinced I had failed ended up being my best mark :rolleyes:
What grades are you aiming for? I am really bad and predicting exam results, the A level module I was convinced I had failed ended up being my best mark :rolleyes:

2 Bs for my two A-levels, I thought I was prepared for it but now I think I going to get 2 Cs, which my insurance's entry requirements.
Reply 1599
Original post by The Cornerstone
2 Bs for my two A-levels, I thought I was prepared for it but now I think I going to get 2 Cs, which my insurance's entry requirements.

Well fingers crossed, you might be surprised.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending