The Student Room Group

Who's the best player this year at Wimbledon?

This poll is closed

Who's the greatest player at Wimbledon this year?

Novak Djokovic 19%
Serena Williams 18%
Roger Federer 40%
Petra Kvitova 1%
Andy Murray 15%
Simona Halep 0%
Stan Wawrinka 4%
Maria Sharapova 1%
Kei Nishikori 0%
Caroline Wozniacki 0%
Tomas Berdych 1%
Lucie Safarova0%
Total votes: 73
Who do you think takes the top spot for the best tennis player this year at Wimbledon at the moment?

Please vote for multiple if you feel they should get your vote too! (Write the 2nd selection below)

Vote above, write your answer below and/or discuss!
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

that rastafarian guy who beat Nadal ?
Original post by the bear
that rastafarian guy who beat Nadal ?

Dustin Brown
Reply 3
You're missing Gasquet.
Original post by blackened_sky
Dustin Brown

he was marvellous
Djokovic too stronk
Reply 6
Original post by JXLS
You're missing Gasquet.

Will note it down anyway! I went with the top ranked players across the board - Gasquet is now 20th! The Semi Finals will be interesting though :smile:
Going with Murray cause I've got faith he'll win it again this year. Probably been the best I've watched as well anyway.

Cue him getting knocked out by Federer.
Reply 8
Federer has been on court for less than 8 hours. That's an average of about 1 hour 40 per match.

He's also not yet really being challenged.
Roger is absolutely killing it.

Looking forward to him knocking out that damned English-hating petulant Scot whom everyone pretends to like for 2 weeks of the year.
Original post by blackened_sky
Going with Murray cause I've got faith he'll win it again this year. Probably been the best I've watched as well anyway.

Cue him getting knocked out by Federer.

Murray has never beaten two top 4 players in the same tournament that I'm aware of. To win Wimbledon, it world number 2 then 1.

I would lol so much if Fed did a world tour final on him again.
Original post by Rakas21
Murray has never beaten two top 4 players in the same tournament that I'm aware of. To win Wimbledon, it world number 2 then 1.

Gasquet is gonna knock out Novak, mark my words.

Disclaimer: I'm probably wrong.
Reply 12
Of course it's Novak.
On the women's side easily Serena. The mens Djokovic, even though he lost the RG final he's only lost 3 times this year.
Original post by JXLS
You're missing Gasquet.

Was about to say this. He deserves to be on there more than anyone, after his performance against Wawrinka yesterday.
Reply 15
Original post by lustawny
Was about to say this. He deserves to be on there more than anyone, after his performance against Wawrinka yesterday.

That match was so thrilling to watch. I hope he continues that form.
Federer/Gasquet
Serena in the women's draw. She's proving how much of a champion she is with these comebacks.
Reply 18
Original post by Rakas21

I would lol so much if Fed did a world tour final on him again.

He beat Djokovic and Federer at the Olympics, who were 2 and 1 then as well. Admittedly the Novak game was only best of 3.
(edited 8 years ago)
Federer

Quick Reply

Latest