The Student Room Group

F1 discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

I'm actually really enjoying F1 2015 (on PS4 for me), single player wise I think it's the best it's ever been, only issue I've found is when lapping back markers they refuse to get out of the way and the odd time in qualy some drivers don't put a lap in (or wait for the rain to come). Multiplayer really isn't great though, lag filled and just in general a mess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply 61
Original post by Cll_ws
Haven't had any problems, aside from the online races being pretty terrible (I don't think I've completed a race with more than 2 players)

The game as a whole is pretty average. Racing feels good, but not enough to keep me interested. Completed one season and the games pretty much finished.

Yes, I agree. Overall I find project cars a more satisfying game right now. The online servers, apart from a bit of lag, are pretty much fine.

The handling of each car is unique and challenging, and the audio is also very good.

For the first game of it's kind, it's great, I'd love it to continue, like GT has, but GT just isn't the same anymore. GT 6 ruined it for me...
Reply 62
Original post by Robbo-92
I'm actually really enjoying F1 2015 (on PS4 for me), single player wise I think it's the best it's ever been, only issue I've found is when lapping back markers they refuse to get out of the way and the odd time in qualy some drivers don't put a lap in (or wait for the rain to come). Multiplayer really isn't great though, lag filled and just in general a mess.

Yeah, single player is fine, the game definitely feels better this year. Braking is certainly more interesting, and understeer occurs more, as it should.

I'm on PS4 too. I'd ask if you wanted to race sometime, but I doubt it'll work. :smile:
Original post by Noj777
Yeah, single player is fine, the game definitely feels better this year. Braking is certainly more interesting, and understeer occurs more, as it should.

I'm on PS4 too. I'd ask if you wanted to race sometime, but I doubt it'll work. :smile:

Yeah I doubt it'd actually work very well, had a huge lag spike earlier where the person ahead jumped from 2 to 6 seconds (also saw in mini map they jumped from mid corner to halfway down the next straight).

How is Project CARS anyway? Was really hyped for it until they cancelled the Wii U version (no offence but whatever SMS say I'm still slightly dubious over the whole Project CARS on Wii U topic) and was considering buying it for PS4 but then I realised my backlog even from this gen is slowly growing so I decided against it, may still buy it when it goes cheaper or they decide to release it for the Nintendo NX (whatever that turns out to be).

Reply 64
Yeah I doubt it'd actually work very well, had a huge lag spike earlier where the person ahead jumped from 2 to 6 seconds (also saw in mini map they jumped from mid corner to halfway down the next straight).

How is Project CARS anyway? Was really hyped for it until they cancelled the Wii U version (no offence but whatever SMS say I'm still slightly dubious over the whole Project CARS on Wii U topic) and was considering buying it for PS4 but then I realised my backlog even from this gen is slowly growing so I decided against it, may still buy it when it goes cheaper or they decide to release it for the Nintendo NX (whatever that turns out to be).

I've got to go now mate, I'm really tired, sorry.

I promise I will give you a proper response tomorrow, I won't forget. Any details in particular you want? :smile:

For now though, i'll point you in this direction (it's a playlist that's a work in progress on my YouTube channel) . There are a couple of videos pointing out key features of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOyE8FcK5hKV7uHMEI3gFr-2644wbM5uZ
I'll be sure to give those a watch, just wanted to know how realistic it is as you hear contrasting opinions on where you go (the Project CARS forums seem to be very positive whereas other places aren't so much)

Reply 66
I'll be sure to give those a watch, just wanted to know how realistic it is as you hear contrasting opinions on where you go (the Project CARS forums seem to be very positive whereas other places aren't so much)

Well, personally I find it more realistic than any other racing game I've played. (well, apart from F1 2015 perhaps, it's on a par with that)

The difference in opinions between the Project CARS forums and other places, is largely down to the fact that people aren't pleased about such competition against the likes of GT and Forza. Also, Project CARS feels very different from any other racing game I've played, but just because it's not what I'm used to, doesn't mean I would say it's not realistic. For me, it's new, it's realistic and it's challenging.

Here are a couple of examples of what I mean. Firstly, the difference in handling between road cars and racing cars is significantly more noticeable than in other racing games, which I'm really pleased about. Road cars have way less downforce/grip, and have poorer braking. There's no 'one size fits all' approach to this game, it keeps you on your toes. Another case of this, is the karting. I remember karting on GT, it was ok. Karting on Project CARS however, gives you more of the 'shaking' and intensity that you would get if you were doing karting for real.

Other criticisms include menus being too dull (which I think is a pointless argument, they're easy enough to navigate and they're clear) and some people think the game is too hard (which to be honest, I think a lot of people actually think this, but cover it up with another excuse because they're embarassed)

I don't find the game easy, and I'm not the best, but I like the challenge. I could take a Mclaren MP4 GT3 car onto brands hatch. I could then take a road-going Mclaren F1 onto the same track, and it would be totally different! :smile:

Unlike GT, it is not part of a series of games, but if it continues like GT has, things can only get better. It's new, it's different, and I like it, but for whatever reason, some people find it's not for them.

I hope I've answered what you wanted, I often go off on a massive tangent! :wink:
Reply 67

Yeah, the racing itself feels great. I enjoyed playing through the season for the first time. Agree with the problems you mentioned. Also, teams would nearly always bring both cars into the pit on the same lap, which was strange. Haven't played in a while so I don't know if they've fixed that?

But yeah, it's the most realistic F1 game to date. Just a shame about the lack of content and career mode.
Singapore GP thread, not a great op (posted by yours truly),

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3601205
So there are rumours going around that Jenson Button will announce his retirement from F1 at Suzuka. I'll be sad to see Jenson leave if things true but considering the performance of the McLaren Honda you can't exactly blame him.

Edit, more Red Bull nonsense, http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-will-quit-f1-if-it-doesn-t-get-ferrari-works-parity/

Red Bull would have been doing very well for themselves had they gotten an up to date power unit from Ferrari for next year, now they effectively want a works deal with Ferrari so Ferrari and Red Bull are equal in spec and power at each race, do Red Bull seriously think Ferrari will go for that?
(edited 8 years ago)
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3614205&p=59573745#post59573745

Japanese Grand Prix thread

Reply 71
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12477/10010656/force-india-and-sauber-lodge-complaint-against-f1-with-european-union

Brave to go up against Bernie... Be interesting to see what the EU do, especially with the way things are going in football.
Haas F1 have confirmed Romain Grosjean is heading to Haas for 2016 but we all kind of knew that anyway, strangely enough they didn't confirm Esteban so I guess that seat has more options.
Reply 73
Haas F1 have confirmed Romain Grosjean is heading to Haas for 2016 but we all kind of knew that anyway, strangely enough they didn't confirm Esteban so I guess that seat has more options.

Interesting... I think Grosjean is a decent choice, he needs to be pushed. I'd also love to see Bottas and Ricciardo at the forefront a little more, granted they're both in good teams, but Ricciardo particularly, has faded out of the public eye slightly, as if people have suddenly forgotten how he convincingly outperformed Vettel. I'll be surprised if none of these 3 guys end up being champion at some point.
I've not caught any of Russian GP free practice sessions.

Will miss qualifying as well but will have the race live. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll watch qualy but will miss the race, considering last years race I may not miss much at all.

What does everyone think about Red Bulls situation right now?
Original post by LucentDoughnut98
What does everyone think about Red Bulls situation right now?

They may be screwed tbh.

Can't get a 2016 Ferrari engine or Mercedes engine.

Guessing they hope Bernie lets Renault improve their engine.
There's always the option for Red Bull Honda! Big crash for Sainz to cut FP3 short, seems like he's ok though.

Yea, giant Sainz crash. He gave thumbs up getting in the ambulance though is its cool.

Bad that he went under the crash barriers though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest