The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Desperate!! Looking for shared housing!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by letip
Nah sharing a toilet is deffo not for the best lol! And it's called 'UoP Freshers House Hunter 2015' but I'm going to look for one of the open ones actually because it may be quicker

Haha cant argue with that, thanks ill check it out now, will you be going to the house hunting fair hosted by the uni some time in august?
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 21
Original post by Fernando sucre
Haha cant argue with that, thanks ill check it out now, will you be going to the house hunting fair hosted by the uni some time in august?

Yes, It's probably a good idea to go right? Where do you live by the way? Is allocating halls purely based on luck lol?
Reply 22
Original post by Shaaa9
One is called : UoP Freshers House Hunters 2015
Second one: Portsmouth University Student Housing

Are you a fresher too? We could help each other... cause right now I dunno what to do or where to stay lol

I'm in the exact same boat as you :'(
Original post by letip
Yes, It's probably a good idea to go right? Where do you live by the way? Is allocating halls purely based on luck lol?

Yea i guess so ahha, i dont have a clue when it is or what the procedure is though, way up north - leeds, and yourself? I think it depends when you apply for halls? Did you apply for halls?, i was too late lol :frown:
Original post by Shaaa9
I'm looking for the cheapest room in a shared housing near uni. I'm a girl and I'd prefer sharing the house with other girls! Thanks in advance!

Hi there!

If you are looking for housing close to the university then there are a number of ways you can do so!

You can request to join our Facebook page: UoP Fresher House Hunters 2015. Here you can interact with other porspective students who have similar requirements regarding accommodation.

You can also check out our main registered landlords website: www.portsmouthstudentpad.co.uk
On here there is also a message board that enables you to enage with other students who are looking for private sector accommodation. However you will need to request for a password in order to access this message board.

Finally you can come along to one of our house hunting events that are taking place throughout the summer. You would need to register onto one of this events to secure a place via E-Intro. This would be a great way to meet other first year students and view various properties at the same time!

I hope this helps! And if you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

All the best,

Student Housing Team
Reply 25
[QUOTE=UoPHousingTeam;58017519]Hi there!

If you are looking for housing close to the university then there are a number of ways you can do so!

You can request to join our Facebook page: UoP Fresher House Hunters 2015. Here you can interact with other porspective students who have similar requirements regarding accommodation.

You can also check out our main registered landlords website: www.portsmouthstudentpad.co.uk
On here there is also a message board that enables you to enage with other students who are looking for private sector accommodation. However you will need to request for a password in order to access this message board.

Finally you can come along to one of our house hunting events that are taking place throughout the summer. You would need to register onto one of this events to secure a place via E-Intro. This would be a great way to meet other first year students and view various properties at the same time!

I hope this helps! And if you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

All the best,

Student Housing Team

Thanks for the infos! On the website Portsmouthstudentpad.co.uk I registered two times but i can't receive the confirmation email of the account so I can't log in. What can I do? Seems like it's not working
Original post by Shaaa9
Thanks for the infos! On the website Portsmouthstudentpad.co.uk I registered two times but i can't receive the confirmation email of the account so I can't log in. What can I do? Seems like it's not working

Just send us an email to [email protected] and state your name, student ID number and that you are requesting the password for the Portsmouth StudentPad message board and we will send you a password:smile:

Best Wishes,

Student Housing Team
That is no problem at all! There is no need to register onto Portsmouthstudentpad.co.uk, only Langlords need to do so.
As soon as you arrive on the page who will be able to search for properties.
However if you would like to register for the message board in order to speak with oher students who are also looking for accommodation, then your Portsmouth student ID number would be the username but you would need to email us to request for a password and quote your registered student ID number for the University of Portsmouth.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance!

Kind Regards,

Student Housing Team
Original post by UoPHousingTeam
That is no problem at all! There is no need to register onto Portsmouthstudentpad.co.uk, only Langlords need to do so.
As soon as you arrive on the page who will be able to search for properties.
However if you would like to register for the message board in order to speak with oher students who are also looking for accommodation, then your Portsmouth student ID number would be the username but you would need to email us to request for a password and quote your registered student ID number for the University of Portsmouth.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance!

Kind Regards,

Student Housing Team

Hi!
im struggling to find any Portsmouth uni house hunting groups or pages on Facebook, could you please redirect me or perhaps send me a link, would really really appreciate,
thanks in advance!
HELP!

does anyone know how these house hunting events work? are there certain dates? do i have to sign up?
thanks!
Original post by Fernando sucre
HELP!

does anyone know how these house hunting events work? are there certain dates? do i have to sign up?
thanks!

Hi there!

If you received a letter from us regarding halls of residence / private sector you would have received details (a username and a password) to log into our E-Intro website. On this platform, you will be directed on how to register on to this event.

If you can't locate this letter then you can email us directly at [email protected] quoting your Portsmouth student ID number to request log-in details for E-intro.

I hope this helps :smile:

Student Housing Team
Reply 31
Hello,

I am in need of a flat mate, its a four bedroom apartment. £250 per month /62 per week. 14 mins walk from the uni. Really fine accommodation and unbelievably cheap. Let me know if you are interested ASAP. Contact me on 07424248839.
Original post by Shaaa9
I'm looking for the cheapest room in a shared housing near uni. I'm a girl and I'd prefer sharing the house with other girls! Thanks in advance!

Hey,I'm also going to be in my first year this September and would need someone to share with. I'm also a girl! Do you still need a person?
Reply 33
I am sorry but i have found flatmates. Wish you luck!
Reply 34
Anyone here moving from London?
Original post by letip

hey are you still looking for somewhere? im in the same situation :frown:
Reply 36
Hey Hun, sorry I've found housemates but I'd suggest you join the Facebook group for house hunters ASAP and get a group together and find a house/ or join a group who already have a house because as today is results day.. most of the houses are being taken, so don't leave it last minute. You won't go homeless though, it'll work out so yeah join the Facebook group :smile:
One room available please message for more details!
Original post by Shaaa9

Hi , I'm also a first year looking for a shared house.. You found flat mates yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending