The Student Room Group

Didn't do very well in A2.. should i apply with only AS result or all A-level result?

Dear Everyone really need help plzzz

This is a slightly complicated situation I am not sure that I'm explaining well ..

I have applied to Leeds Product Design(typical offer AAA) with my AS level(ABC) and my art foundation result, I got an offer for merit but I only get a pass they now say will have to further consider my application):, actually I got an A2 result as well(CCC) but I thought only submitting my AS n foundation result could possibly have a higher chance to get in the course.

Should I provide my overall result as well would this increase or reduce my chance of getting in?

Please drop some advice thanks in advance><
I am also having the same problem, I gave my all 3 AS and A2 modules altogether in one sitting in may/june session, but i feel i did way better in AS, for example in maths AS i am expecting an A but in A2 a D, i messed up my A2 maths :frown: . But i think Uni want the full grade over all, your A2 is dependent on your AS, so A2 will be the final grade unfortunately. But do hope for the best, I feel they might prefer your AS grades as they seem better, a stellar application letter will save you, all the best and do pray for me too!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Seems that I can provide only my AS grade been told by my tutor? But I'm thinking if they are counting credits it would be anyway better to provide A2 as well. I'm so struggle now don't want to mess it up>口<
Phone them on Monday and explain that you already have A levels, and ask if this would make a difference. Don't email - it will take too long to get an answer at this time of year.

You will need to inform UCAS ([email protected]) if you want to add qualifications to your application. Just bear in mind that any Uni will understandably want to see the original A level certificates at some point, either now or at enrolment.
Original post by angelcpn
Seems that I can provide only my AS grade been told by my tutor? But I'm thinking if they are counting credits it would be anyway better to provide A2 as well. I'm so struggle now don't want to mess it up>口<

Don't worry, Its not always about grades, A2 C grade is equilant to a B or and A in AS level, C in A2 carries over 60 ucas points but B or A in As has only 40-50.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Ya shell do that.. just hope they won't reject my application straight away seeing that result):
Reply 6
Cause I thought the student can choose to provide the result they wanted and the university would make offer base on only the information given.. Not quite sure this course in leeds focus more on grade or ucas point...
If they focus on grade I thought there might be a better chance to provide only AS..
If they focus on ucas point provide A2 would be an advantage...
Still bit struggling actually.....><
Reply 7
Anyway thanks for the advice and quick reply(: Ya pray for you too Azhar(:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending