The Student Room Group

What is 'flirting' and what is exactly classed as 'flirting'?

This is rather ambiguous, so it'd be nice to hear TSR's thought on this.
Reply 1
Making it absolutely apparent from your body language and quips that you are up for it with someone..
Can I be the Mumbaiqueen? :flutter:
Original post by Zarek
Making it absolutely apparent from your body language and quips that you are up for it with someone..

That's rubbish since you can flirt with someone you have no intention of bedding. It is about giving the impression that you want to.
Reply 4
Original post by Zarek

No, that's throwing yourself at someone.

Flirting is meant to be more subtle.
In todays society nice can easily be mistaken for flirting which is unfortunate for me.

'Damn the shops opens at inconvenient times. What times do you legs open :wink:'

'Ah I dont like the shop opening hours :frown: What should i do? :/ '
Reply 6
Original post by The_Blade
In todays society nice can easily be mistaken for flirting which is unfortunate for me.

'Damn the shops opens at inconvenient times. What times do you legs open :wink:'

'Ah I dont like the shop opening hours :frown: What should i do? :/ '

This is why guys and girls shouldn't be friends. In fact, in some European countries, boys and girls only mix when they are going out.

Whereas in the UK, it's always mixed groups of boys and girls not going out that prevents the obvious sign of niceness between a girl and boy being a 'sign'.
It's about having flanter
Original post by abdulwadud13
It's about having flanter

What's flanter?
It's an abbreviation of 'flirty banter'
I tease. That's the only way I know how to flirt haha but it's usually very successful unless the guy is too dim to follow :lol:
Flirting involves talking. And can be simple comments like nice curves or your cute something in the lines of complements are them likeing you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by picklescamp
I tease. That's the only way I know how to flirt haha but it's usually very successful unless the guy is too dim to follow :lol:

How do you tease?
I make innuendos so subtle they can't tell if I know I've done it, lots of jokes (and laughing), steer conversations into intellectual currents and then make them sexual. I just take control and leave them guessing.
Can annoying someone be flirting
Original post by Mumbaiking
This is why guys and girls shouldn't be friends. In fact, in some European countries, boys and girls only mix when they are going out.

Whereas in the UK, it's always mixed groups of boys and girls not going out that prevents the obvious sign of niceness between a girl and boy being a 'sign'.

Disagree - my best friend is a girl :smile:

From my experience, people who mix up 'being nice' and 'flirting', have either been treated badly by an ex or struggle with the opposite sex.

Out of interest (and logic) would you also say two gay guys or two lesbians cant be friends either?
I'm not saying that
I couldn't find it in the dictionary
Original post by Sarahjaayneee98
Can annoying someone be flirting

I would say yes. But not annoying them until they get like really irritated and dont like you. But annoying someone in the sense of being funny and harmful then i should think yes
Okay ty

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending