The Student Room Group

what do I do to change university details?

If my firm choice doesn't accept me what do I do to change university details? Do I have to apply all over again?
No, so long as the academic year hasn't started, you can just amend the course on your online account. The change takes about 48 hours to process.
Reply 2
[QUOTE=applicationa;57927019]No, so long as the academic year hasn't started, you can just amend the course on your online account. The change takes about 48 hours to process.

I don't have an online account. I sent an application paper form in UK. I'm an eu student. Any other way?
Original post by Shaaa9
I don't have an online account. I sent an application paper form in UK. I'm an eu student. Any other way?

Yes, with this form:

http://www.sfengland.slc.co.uk/media/873352/eu_euco1_form_1516_d.pdf
Original post by applicationa
No, so long as the academic year hasn't started, you can just amend the course on your online account. The change takes about 48 hours to process.

Hi! Found this thread and you seem to be clued up on the whole changing-course thing, so was wondering if you could give me some advice? I've applied to study Business Management (3 year degree course) but have spoken to the Uni and they have offered me the 4 year Business course (the third year is a paid placement year). I've been having loads of problems with student finance (which resulted in me having to speak with a manager directly to sort out the mess that two advisers had made as I have studied previously), but it has been sorted now and I am eligible for the full amount of student finance (ie. tuition and maintenance support for 3 years + a complimentary year). However, if I change my course, will my application have to be reassessed again, as it will be for 4 years instead of 3. Only, I'm really concerned that an adviser will flag up the whole previous study thing again, despite this already being sorted, and mess around with my application :s-smilie: If this would be the case, I might just not bother with the placement year for the sake of knowing that my student finance is safe...

Hope you can give some advice on this!
Original post by Claire062
Hi! Found this thread and you seem to be clued up on the whole changing-course thing, so was wondering if you could give me some advice? I've applied to study Business Management (3 year degree course) but have spoken to the Uni and they have offered me the 4 year Business course (the third year is a paid placement year). I've been having loads of problems with student finance (which resulted in me having to speak with a manager directly to sort out the mess that two advisers had made as I have studied previously), but it has been sorted now and I am eligible for the full amount of student finance (ie. tuition and maintenance support for 3 years + a complimentary year). However, if I change my course, will my application have to be reassessed again, as it will be for 4 years instead of 3. Only, I'm really concerned that an adviser will flag up the whole previous study thing again, despite this already being sorted, and mess around with my application :s-smilie: If this would be the case, I might just not bother with the placement year for the sake of knowing that my student finance is safe...

Hope you can give some advice on this!

Changing the course on your application does automatically trigger a reassessment, but not from scratch. The previous study information won't have to be looked at again, so you'll be fine.

Also be aware that, during your placement year, you will only be eligible for reduced rate maintenance loan and reduced rate tuition fee loan, even if the placement is unpaid.
Original post by applicationa
Changing the course on your application does automatically trigger a reassessment, but not from scratch. The previous study information won't have to be looked at again, so you'll be fine.

Also be aware that, during your placement year, you will only be eligible for reduced rate maintenance loan and reduced rate tuition fee loan, even if the placement is unpaid.

The reduced rate would be fine, I'm pretty sure the Uni only do paid placements anyway (something I need to double check if I decide to accept the offer).

Great, thank you for getting back to me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending