The Student Room Group

urgent ! student finance & clearing

since im going to a different university now as i went through clearing i need to change my details on student finance, but it says i need to complete and send them a letter about any changes and re-assessing my application will take at least 6 weeks, im worried because i would've started university by that time and i need this sorted out before then, what can i do?
Original post by astrostial
since im going to a different university now as i went through clearing i need to change my details on student finance, but it says i need to complete and send them a letter about any changes and re-assessing my application will take at least 6 weeks, im worried because i would've started university by that time and i need this sorted out before then, what can i do?

Changing the university is simple and can be done by logging into your account. See video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKENmohOsAk

Although it says it can take six weeks (that's the standard message for any changes), in reality a uni change is much quicker to process.
Put it through as soon as you can

When your university opens enrolment then do that as early as possible - often a university sending SFE notice that you’ve enrolled will fast track a change of circumstances.
Reply 3
Original post by normaw
Changing the university is simple and can be done by logging into your account. See video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKENmohOsAk

Although it says it can take six weeks (that's the standard message for any changes), in reality a uni change is much quicker to process.

yes thank you, i watched that video already but for me something else comes up saying i need to complete and send them a form so im just a bit confused about that
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Put it through as soon as you can

When your university opens enrolment then do that as early as possible - often a university sending SFE notice that you’ve enrolled will fast track a change of circumstances.

im going to try and send them the form tomorrow, im just worried that sending it through the post just takes longer to process than filling it out online, im not sure why it won't let me do that
im going to try and send them the form tomorrow, im just worried that sending it through the post just takes longer to process than filling it out online, im not sure why it won't let me do that

You don’t have to post it. Fill it in and scan it and upload it to your account in SFE.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
You don’t have to post it. Fill it in and scan it and upload it to your account in SFE.

this is what it shows me! i might call tomorrow to ask
this is what it shows me! i might call tomorrow to ask

If you post in ask student finance england
then one of the SFE reps will be able to confirm if you can upload it.

As I understand it if you post it they scan it in and upload it to your account from their end so they normally prefer it if applicant’s upload forms themselves
Reply 8
Original post by PQ
If you post in ask student finance england
then one of the SFE reps will be able to confirm if you can upload it.

As I understand it if you post it they scan it in and upload it to your account from their end so they normally prefer it if applicant’s upload forms themselves

okay thank you so much for your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending