The Student Room Group

How do I know if it's flirting or not?

How do you know if someone likes you? Like what are the signs? And how do you know if someone is flirting or just friends?

Thanks in advance... I'm so confused and know like nothing about this stuff :/
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
How do you know if someone likes you? Like what are the signs? And how do you know if someone is flirting or just friends?

There are no surefire signs - you can watch and wait for the right combination of signs, but at the end of the day it's all guesswork unless the person in question tells you they like you.
Reply 2
My friend once told me that if a person's eyes are dilated when talking to you it's a sign they like you (or that they're on drugs, of course 😅)

Posted from TSR Mobile
They PM you back.

@K.C
Just ask them.
Reply 5
Original post by RainbowKiwi
They PM you back.

@K.C

can you pm me later tonight then
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous

Simple answer, you don't. Someone could just be wanting to boost your confidence by complimenting you or they may just find what you said funny. You can take it as flirting if you want but that person's intentions may not be
Reply 7
Original post by liquity
Simple answer, you don't. Someone could just be wanting to boost your confidence by complimenting you or they may just find what you said funny. You can take it as flirting if you want but that person's intentions may not be

Simply you don't know but you can always ask or probe more in a subtle way. Some people are flirty naturally!
Reply 8
Original post by ebam_uk
Simply you don't know but you can always ask or probe more in a subtle way. Some people are flirty naturally!

Exactly and you have to watch out for that! Because some people just have that tone of voice when they speak to someone and charisma these days is often hugely mistaken for flirting. Acting flirty, especially as a woman sadly, is often an extremely good way to get your own way and to make people like you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending