The Student Room Group

What is your definition of "ugliness"?

The older I get the more I see it as an ugliness of the soul rather than the face from those around me.

With regards to women, these are the traits that can make them ugly:

- Conceit

- Moral redundancy (e.g. getting engaged to someone after sleeping with your boss then continuing to sleep with the boss and always proclaiming your love to your fiancee to the whole office, ****ing retard... and yes this happens)

- A lack of class - i.e. acting like stereotypical underclass. Tackiness.

- Not speaking properly.

- Reverse snobbery - They hate the middle class and upper class people/institutions without a second thought - they're all snobs if they don't live on the estates and pop out 10 kids by 20 right? Yet they cry foul when they are laughed at for their ridiculousness.

Scroll to see replies

I came here to say the same thing :smile:

I see it more as ugly behaviour or personality rather than anything aesthetic.

Disloyalty, violence, arrogance, spiteful personality traits are just some off the top of my head.
An ugly soul is a hateful and bitter one.

In short, a broken man.
Reply 3
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
An ugly soul is a hateful and bitter one.

In short, a broken man.

Personally I don't believe in the whole loving your enemies nonsense. Fair chances should be given to everyone. If they prove themselves to be idiots, then they should be seen as such.
-Rude
-Arrogance
-Political beliefs opposite to mine
-Follows things blindly
-Boring
-Bad sense of humour
-Violent
-Jealous
-Controlling
-Easily angered
-Unintelligent
-Doesn't see men and women as equal
-A Traditionalist
-Too Religious
-Badly spoken
-A smoker/drinker (to excess)

That was what I could think of on the top of my head. :smile: That was with regards to men, also applicable to women.
Reply 5
Original post by Tom.x.Gotze
The older I get the more I see it as an ugliness of the soul rather than the face from those around me.

With regards to women, these are the traits that can make them ugly:

- Conceit

- Moral redundancy (e.g. getting engaged to someone after sleeping with your boss then continuing to sleep with the boss and always proclaiming your love to your fiancee to the whole office, ****ing retard... and yes this happens)

- A lack of class - i.e. acting like stereotypical underclass. Tackiness.

- Not speaking properly.

- Reverse snobbery - They hate the middle class and upper class people/institutions without a second thought - they're all snobs if they don't live on the estates and pop out 10 kids by 20 right? Yet they cry foul when they are laughed at for their ridiculousness.

I'm sorry but you dislike people who say rich people are dicks but also say you won't respect someone if they don't talk the "right" way? Or act the way you see fit because of how you specifically grew up?

Sounds to me like you might tend to evoke the 'ugly' side of people all by yourself. At the very least that's hypocritical.

Personally i find negativity 'ugly'. Everyone is negative sometimes including me and that's completely normal too but i mean excessive negativity, completely refusing to acknowledge the bright side, and not in a humourous cynical way.

Obviously it's different for depressed people who can't help it...
My definition of ugly encompasses the people in this thread, namely the OP and the two above me.

'Ugly behaviour', 'ugly personality', 'reverse snobbery' and so on are not the causes of ugliness, but rather its' effects. For a person to adopt such norms and customs, an ugly sequence of events must have occurred in his or her life. It would be more productive if you simply move on if you don't like their behaviour.
that Bobby person in the stretchmarks thread, pretty much
Reply 8
Original post by Thorsas
I'm sorry but you dislike people who say rich people are dicks but also say you won't respect someone if they don't talk the "right" way? Or act the way you see fit because of how you specifically grew up?

Sounds to me like you might tend to evoke the 'ugly' side of people all by yourself. At the very least that's hypocritical.

Personally i find negativity 'ugly'. Everyone is negative sometimes including me and that's completely normal too but i mean excessive negativity, completely refusing to acknowledge the bright side, and not in a humourous cynical way.

I don't think it is much to expect that they use the English language instead of words that amount to text message vocabulary.
2 face, back stabber, jealous overly, someone who insults you, someone who tries to put you down, big headed person.
Reply 10
i am the definition of ugly

but that doesn't matter because i'll become a cyborg
Original post by Thorsas

Honestly I grew up in a working class area and went to a state school where no one spoke properly, but I very quickly realised it's not hard to adopt proper vocabulary, regardless of where you come from or what accent you have. Using proper words in sentences doesn't make you middle or upper class or posh, it just means you use the English language properly.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

-Unintelligent

You'd be surprised by the amount of people with 'above average intelligence'. That's not ugly, you're just being quite the elite there :lol:
Crap personality. I'd rather marry a mop than have a rude babe :lol:
Original post by K.C
i am the definition of ugly

but that doesn't matter because i'll become a cyborg

Your posts always make me laugh.
Reply 15
Honestly I grew up in a working class area and went to a state school where no one spoke properly, but I very quickly realised it's not hard to adopt proper vocabulary, regardless of where you come from or what accent you have. Using proper words in sentences doesn't make you middle or upper class or posh, it just means you use the English language properly.

I grew up in a deprived area too and i found that, with a few exceptions, people talk how their parents and friends talk. Even teachers. The people at my grammar school (who did tend to come from a non-poor background) spoke well and the people at other schools spoke less well.
Original post by Imperion
You'd be surprised by the amount of people with 'above average intelligence'. That's not ugly, you're just being quite the elite there :lol:

Well actually unintelligence comes in many forms, not just a persons IQ, in no way was I being elite, please never say that ever again! It's an awful feeling to have that said to me.
Reply 17
Ugly is interesting.
Original post by Thorsas
I grew up in a deprived area too and i found that, with a few exceptions, people talk how their parents and friends talk. Even teachers. The people at my grammar school (who did tend to come from a non-poor background) spoke well and the people at other schools spoke less well.

I think it's a habit that is made if you try, I tried, but yes you're right most people will talk how people around them talk.
Well actually unintelligence comes in many forms, not just a persons IQ, in no way was I being elite, please never say that ever again! It's an awful feeling to have that said to me.

My bad for interpreting it the wrong way! :laugh: Will avoid doing so in the future :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest