The Student Room Group

Wrong A level

Hi, I just finished my AS year, having taken biology, chemistry, maths and philosophy and ethics, however I am now regretting not taking physics. I really like physics and feel like it may be something I would have liked to have done at university, but of course I feel that that is no longer an option for me because I didn't take physics at AS level. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice as to what I could do about this predicament, or is there nothing to be done and I should just move on?
Thanks.
Are you sure you know what you want to do in the future?
You could do physics AS instead of an A2 in one of your other courses? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Ed's Balls
Are you sure you know what you want to do in the future?

Not totally, I was actually thinking medicine originally, but I'd definitely want physics as at least a backup.
Reply 4
Original post by Hevachan
You could do physics AS instead of an A2 in one of your other courses? :smile:

I've found that a lot of universities don't accept an AS as a replacement for an A2 though. I did think of doing AS physics as well as my three A2 levels, but AS physics alone wouldn't be enough to do physics at university.
Original post by daviem
Not totally, I was actually thinking medicine originally, but I'd definitely want physics as at least a backup.

Either way, you probably should have taken physics instead of philosophy and ethics. See about talking to your 6th form about what options you have (with physics)?

Quick Reply

Latest