The Student Room Group

where to find a potential bf?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by georginamay
Hmmm,everyone says this but when I worked in one of the biggest shopping centre in London, most of my colleagues we're gay and the creepy customers were the only ones who approached me :/.

For uni, its mostly girls on my course and I don't live there so its hard too

You could find someone on a different course, this is why it's good to get out during uni and actually talk to different people in different halls. Those seem to be your best options along with the hobbies which you can be quite social with. Even this website can spawn stuff, so it's honestly random as hell when and where people end up meeting someone they like. It's not a bad thing just to be patient and wait.
Original post by Fleming1928
Ever heard of Cupid Shmupid? You should watch his videos.

If a 5'2'' guy can pick up girls by chatting them up on the street, then I'm sure you can do the same to guys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaQfs71CS5k&list=PL9hftO9q3miEx08tCf9epVeErv-SA4rvE&index=1

Aww hahaha I love this, its all about confidence I guess
You're a girl. All you have to do is look pretty, put out every now and again and guys will be worshiping you. Get some real problems!
Original post by Fleming1928
Ever heard of Cupid Shmupid? You should watch his videos.

If a 5'2'' guy can pick up girls by chatting them up on the street, then I'm sure you can do the same to guys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaQfs71CS5k&list=PL9hftO9q3miEx08tCf9epVeErv-SA4rvE&index=1

Thanks for the post, pretty awesome guy, subbed!
Original post by Anonymous
You're a girl. All you have to do is look pretty, put out every now and again and guys will be worshiping you. Get some real problems!

It's not as easy as it sounds. When I do make effort, all I get is creepy older men trying to talk. The guys around my age only stare and that's as far it'll go so its just stressful
Please don't tell me to go out and find a hobby and stuff because I'm honestly fine with everything else in my life, just lacking in the love life department

No dont listen to these guys you'll end up with jerks. Dont go to a club or gym or whatever you're not interested to find someone because they'll be into an activity you might not enjoy and you cant do it with them.

Use your hobbies and interests. Join some societies if at Uni and then find someone with same interests and hobbies and you'll spend time together and stuff.
t.s.r
Original post by Numan786
No dont listen to these guys you'll end up with jerks. Dont go to a club or gym or whatever you're not interested to find someone because they'll be into an activity you might not enjoy and you cant do it with them.

Use your hobbies and interests. Join some societies if at Uni and then find someone with same interests and hobbies and you'll spend time together and stuff.

i agree! I dont want to ever meet a guy through clubbing most of them only want sex, I might have to try and join societies for second year in September
Don't you think randomly approaching a guy out on the road is a bit strange though?

Your question was where to find a bf. I did not stop to consider the logistics or the presence of social prerequisites or lack thereof that may factor into the scenario in question.
you can still find one online without using online dating sites like social media with twitter Instagram etc....
i agree! I dont want to ever meet a guy through clubbing most of them only want sex, I might have to try and join societies for second year in September

Yeah like I dont think they'd be relationship material IMO because if u met them there then whats to say they wont be going back and sleeping about etc or if they're like that from the off.

Yeah if u want a bf and a serious relationship then look for someone who enjoys the same hobbies. I would honestly say do your thing at Uni in the socs and you might meet someone at a social or in the Soc or something.

I always imagined it wouldnt be hard for girls to find dates or boyfriends. Like theyd have their pick or whatever. I'm assuming you're average looking but even if you're not theres still lots of guys who dont mind or have other preferences :confused:
you can meet guys on a nightout in a bar or a nightclub or try the park.
just muster the courage to approach a guy you find attractive in public or at you're uni
Clubs and bars. High heels, short dress, makeup - you've found a new boyfriend :h:
Original post by JANOS SLYNT
you can still find one online without using online dating sites like social media with twitter Instagram etc....

Guys do DM me but I'm not attracted to them majority of the time
Friends of friends
go travelling you might one
Chatroulette
Don't you think randomly approaching a guy out on the road is a bit strange though?

In a word-yes.
Reply 38
Original post by Anonymous

Be real mate. OP I find that these things happen when you least expect it so I wouldn't chase it as such, but definitely put yourself in the right positions to allow it to happen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending