The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Jordan\
What has decision ever done to you :wink:

I had brief look at D1 when deciding (get it :rofl:) on this year's applied module....it looked awful tbh :lol:
Reply 41
Original post by Gilo98
Hmmmm, I'm taking all 18 modules anyway so I should in theory be able to tackle the applied. I suppose the best I can do is to spread my bets

Exactly. Don't make the mistake of just doing pure imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by Krollo
Exactly. Don't make the mistake of just doing pure imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I prefer applied over pure (bar calculus) in general anyway - hopefully my preference will give me a better chance in cracking the applied questions :h:
Original post by Gilo98
I had brief look at D1 when deciding (get it :rofl:) on this year's applied module....it looked awful tbh :lol:

I was thinking of doing it as an easy one incase of of the exams doesn't go well, then it can be part of the A Level instead. It's seems like a good idea when looking at it from an A Level perspective, but I can see where physicsmaths is coming from, it's basically pointless with regards to STEP!
Reply 44
Original post by Jordan\
I was thinking of doing it as an easy one incase of of the exams doesn't go well, then it can be part of the A Level instead. It's seems like a good idea when looking at it from an A Level perspective, but I can see where physicsmaths is coming from, it's basically pointless with regards to STEP!

D1 is pointless, tedious, but also rather easy. Though some exam papers have been quite tough as of late.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by Jordan\

I'm doing all 18 modules so will have to do them at some point :frown: I'm just hoping they're not too boring when I get stuck into them. Very true - seems like I'll be wasting my time doing them soon as they are not helpful for STEP as STEP is far more important than A Levels
Original post by Krollo
D1 is pointless, tedious, but also rather easy. Though some exam papers have been quite tough as of late.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It seems like it would be a "nice" break from normal maths though..

I have the textbook for it, but I'll maybe wait and see until I get a few chapters in and then decide if I should bother. Most people say they only spent a day or two learning the whole thing so it might be good as a last minute thing if I don't think STEP will go well.
Original post by Gilo98
I'm doing all 18 modules so will have to do them at some point :frown: I'm just hoping they're not too boring when I get stuck into them. Very true - seems like I'll be wasting my time doing them soon as they are not helpful for STEP as STEP is far more important than A Levels

I'd say if you do them quick enough and don't drag them out then they shouldn't be too boring :lol:
Original post by Gilo98
is it true that applied questions tend to be easier than pure?

Well for mechanics every year there is normally one easy one which i normally do. This year there wasnt any.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by Jordan\
I'd say if you do them quick enough and don't drag them out then they shouldn't be too boring :lol:

Let's hope so :wink:

Original post by physicsmaths
Well for mechanics every year there is normally one easy one which i normally do. This year there wasnt any.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I see. Did it throw you in the exam?
Original post by Gilo98
Let's hope so :wink:

Ah I see. Did it throw you in the exam?

Yh it did in II. I tried one mech question and gave up after few minutes. After seeing the solution it was quite easy. I was just stupid and not thinking straight as i already had 4 fulls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Llol its still fullz

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Yh it did in II. I tried one mech question and gave up after few minutes. After seeing the solution it was quite easy. I was just stupid and not thinking straight as i already had 4 fulls.

Posted from TSR Mobile

4 full is good though, right?
Original post by Gilo98
4 full is good though, right?

I thought so in the exam but one if them was wrong in prts so im not sure now. I had 1 hours left to do another 2 questions which culdve got the S but couldnt even manage a single part of any other question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
I thought so in the exam but one if them was wrong in prts so im not sure now. I had 1 hours left to do another 2 questions which culdve got the S but couldnt even manage a single part of any other question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown: I cant imagine how you're all feeling for the results day. I presume STEp comes out same day as A Levels?
Original post by Gilo98
:frown: I cant imagine how you're all feeling for the results day. I presume STEp comes out same day as A Levels?

That was problem. Getting fulls very quickly and nearly perfectly but then sitting there not even managing a single partial. My question choice was very limited at times. Step comes at 12 on the 13th. Scary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo

Posted from TSR Mobile

:redface: D1 is fun :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doing some stats today :ahee:
Reply 58
Original post by Jordan\
Doing some stats today :ahee:

STEP? Good luck if so, it's an acquired taste. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
STEP? Good luck if so, it's an acquired taste. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, just working my way through S1 and S2 before going back to school, and then I might think about trying some STEP ones :tongue:

I find some of the pure bad enough, never mind the applied section :lol:

Latest

Trending

Trending