The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
Im shocked with II and I but id rather had a lower III boundary.
Most likely have got 112
Maybe even 113 if i really ****ed up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you've got 112 you've still got a really good chance of securing a place though don't you?
These are 1 boundaries.
STEP I 72
STEP II 71
STEP III 65

Actual 2015 boundaries for a "1" in each paper:
STEP I 65 (18.6% achieving this or better)
STEP II 68 (27.9% achieving this or better)
STEP III 65 (you got that one spot on :wink: - 37.2% achieving this or better)

http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/images/246349-step-2015-explanation-of-results.pdf
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jneill
Actual 2015 boundaries for a "1" in each paper:
STEP I 65 (22.1% achieving this or better)
STEP II 68 (35.8% achieving this or better)
STEP III 65 (you got that one spot on :wink: - 49.0% achieving this or better)

http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/images/246349-step-2015-explanation-of-results.pdf

They're cumulative percentages.
Original post by Renzhi10122

Ah, yes. I'll amend.
Original post by Renzhi10122

So what does that mean.
Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
So what does that mean.
Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

The % achieving grade bit... includes the preceeding grades.

So the 18.6% for a 1 in STEP I, includes the 3.5% that achieved an S. i.e. 3.5% of candidates got an S, 15.1% got a 1, and therefore 18.6% got at least a 1.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 106
Joining the hustle here. My strategy is as follows: select random questions from STEP I (or rarely II) from 1994-2011, ignoring Siklos booklets for now.

Perfect, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 107
Original post by jjsnyder

Got a new OP ready. I ended up changing it a lot so would prefer to take over the first post in case there are any issues. Any idea how to do that? :s-smilie:
Original post by shamika
Got a new OP ready. I ended up changing it a lot so would prefer to take over the first post in case there are any issues. Any idea how to do that? :s-smilie:

I'd say without an administrator or someone you won't be able to but I literally know nothing about editing threads, maybe it would be better just to make a new one or something? :s-smilie:
Original post by Jordan\
I'd say without an administrator or someone you won't be able to but I literally know nothing about editing threads, maybe it would be better just to make a new one or something? :s-smilie:

Dw he's quoted pudz the monkey
Original post by Gome44
Dw he's quoted pudz the monkey

Ah ok :smile: Is pudz online at the moment?
Reply 111
Original post by Jordan\
Ah ok :smile: Is pudz online at the moment?

I'm sure a day or so doesn't matter. I'm sure this is the earliest a thread has gone up. Dont expect anything ground breaking, it's just slightly more info!
Original post by shamika
I'm sure a day or so doesn't matter. I'm sure this is the earliest a thread has gone up. Dont expect anything ground breaking, it's just slightly more info!

The more info the better :wink:
Original post by shamika

You may already know about this but this link contains some short step like questions if you want more stuff to add to the op :smile: http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/examples/
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 114
Original post by Gome44
You may already know about this but this link contains some short step likequestions if you want more stuff to add to the op :smile: http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/examples/

Which sheet specifically did you have in mind?

EDIT: the first link? Hmmm yeah I can see it being useful to some. I'll add it to the OP if I remember when it goes up
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by shamika
Which sheet specifically did you have in mind?

Any of the first couple of sheets (ie, the introductory one, the first 2 vector and matrices ones and the first 2 D.E ones look quite good, although I haven't had a look through the rest of the topics yet)

Edit: I think those may actually be the only sheets that could be attempted with a level knowledge
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 116
Original post by Gome44
Any of the first couple of sheets (ie, the introductory one, the first 2 vector and geometry ones and the first 2 D.E ones look quite good, although I haven't had a look through the rest of the topics yet)

No. The intro sheet maybe. The rest, not so much.
Reading through the 2015 thread right now is really making me appreciate just how much of a task STEP is. I knew it was difficult but seeing how sincere everyone's sympathy is to those who missed their offers is just going to show how much of a deal breaker it is. Not sure if it's putting me off or enticing me for next year...
Reply 118
i remember a year ago being scared out of mind about step. but after a year of prep and support from people on the thread i easily got the grade i needed. GOOD LUCK to everyone for next year
Original post by Ro6278
i remember a year ago being scared out of mind about step. but after a year of prep and support from people on the thread i easily got the grade i needed. GOOD LUCK to everyone for next year

Thanks this means a lot! I am currently scared out of my mind about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending