The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I'm going to be applying for Adult Nursing!
Hopefully early november as i'll be applying be via college.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
I'm going to be applying for Mental Health nursing.:smile:
I am considering Physics.
However I am a retake student so will not be easy. My a levels first time round were ABBb and a* in EPQ. The A was in Maths and the B's were Physics and Chemistry. I am retaking Physics and taking Further Maths to A2 from Scratch this year. So hoping to end up with: A* A*AB-AAAB. Kings would be my first choice this time round.
Reply 4
Original post by redapplesparkle
I'm going to be applying for Psychology. Anyone else considering Kings and which degree course are you interested in?

I'll update this first post as people say what they're applying for so people can find others in the same degree!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm thinking of applying for Maths, but the course module puts me off.
Hi all I'm thinking of applying for Pharmacy
But I don't have relevant work experience :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Midgeymoo17
I am considering Physics.
However I am a retake student so will not be easy. My a levels first time round were ABBb and a* in EPQ. The A was in Maths and the B's were Physics and Chemistry. I am retaking Physics and taking Further Maths to A2 from Scratch this year. So hoping to end up with: A* A*AB-AAAB. Kings would be my first choice this time round.

Did you try the physics course through clearing? My friend got into Kings through clearing and is starting in 2 weeks times

Edit: she called up on results day after achieving ABBC in maths, chem, phys, FM respectively
Reply 7
What are my chances applying for Computer Science with these grades?

GCSE: 4 A*s (Maths, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian), 1 Distinction (ICT), 5 As (Science, Additional Science, Music, English Language, Religious Studies), 1 B (English Literature).

AS: 5 As (Maths, Economics, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian), 1 B (Music), 1 C (Computing)

Notes:

Not what I wanted in Computing, but I'm dropping Music as I think I would do better in Computing in A2 than Music.

Also, I have already done Portuguese and Italian A2, getting an A* and a B respectively. I'm not going to do A2 Spanish.

I'm also taking AS Further Maths this year.

Hopefully I can get A*A*B or A*AB for my predicted grades in Maths, Economics and Computing.
Hi! I'm going to be applying for Nutrition and Dietetics for 2015 entry, however it will be my insurance I think. Has anyone been for an open day yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Im going to apply for psychology. Has anyone looked around i haven't managed to yet?
Reply 10
I'm applying for medicine 😊 any other potential medics here?
I'll be applying for medicine too as a mature student...I'm starting my Access to Medicine next week.
Reply 12
I'm considering applying to KCL for History V100. I have a query and hopefully someone will be able to answer it? :smile:

At AS, I achieved A in RS, B in History (close to an A, currently awaiting remark), B in Geography and a C in English literature (I'm dropping this subject).

KCL ask for 3 A's at A2, I've been predicted A*AA for next year, do they look at predictions or do they just look at AS grades? I hope someone can help me as I'd love to go there, but I don't know whether my grades are good enough.
Original post by nkb01
I'm applying for medicine 😊 any other potential medics here?

me! i'm considering applying to king's college for medicine as well :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by hha98
I'm considering applying to KCL for History V100. I have a query and hopefully someone will be able to answer it? :smile:

At AS, I achieved A in RS, B in History (close to an A, currently awaiting remark), B in Geography and a C in English literature (I'm dropping this subject).

KCL ask for 3 A's at A2, I've been predicted A*AA for next year, do they look at predictions or do they just look at AS grades? I hope someone can help me as I'd love to go there, but I don't know whether my grades are good enough.

Even though the AS results matter more, I'm pretty sure they look at your predicted grades because this way they will have an idea of how you might perform at A2. I think your results and predicted grades are great, so I think you've got a good chance.
Hello Friends...
Firstly, I am an international student from Georgia, Caucasia. I want to apply for Language and Cultural Diversity, master Degree at King's College London in 2017. Can anyone help me to collect information about this university? I want to know in case of studying in London, I will able to work legally in accordance with the law of United Kingdom?
My skape is gigajojishvili, I will appreciate you help...
Dentistry anyone? :smile:
Applying for Physics!
I'm going to apply for MSc Accounting, Accountability & Financial Management. Fingers crossed :smile:)
Reply 19
Original post by nkb01
Did you try the physics course through clearing? My friend got into Kings through clearing and is starting in 2 weeks times

Edit: she called up on results day after achieving ABBC in maths, chem, phys, FM respectively

wow, welldone to her this really gave me a bit of confidence, im hoping to apply for physics , but I think i can only get 2 a's in maths and physics, so 1 grade short of their entry requirement.
Btw do you know what her predicted grades she applied with were, because I think mine will be ABB, and kings will probs just reject me out right, but hopefully I can get in through clearing/adjustment.:smile:

Latest