The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by drowzee
But transgender women do have a vagina, that's if they get vaginoplasty. And I'm bi-curious which I guess influences what I think.

Yes absolutely, I completely get why being bisexual or bi-curious could influence your opinion on this topic
Original post by hilrho
No I think you're just about right haha. So would YOU sleep with a transexual?

Honestly, I don't think I could, it just feels weird. I can't help the fact I am extremely attracted to girls and have 0 attraction towards men. Transsexuals kind of blur that and an argument could be made either way so I could not 100% commit to it.
Original post by The two eds
You saw that on South Park right lol?

No...that is what they do.

And mate, you said this in the "Would you date a feminist thread";

I would never ever in my life date a feminist!

And here you are making this thread:tongue:

Man, at least female feminists are female! To clarify would you or wouldn't you do it? (Date a trans)
I wouldn't have any qualms about it - it depends on whether or not I'm genuinely attracted to them. You guys need to just get comfortable with your sexuality already :lol:.
Reply 44
Honestly, I don't think I could, it just feels weird. I can't help the fact I am extremely attracted to girls and have 0 attraction towards men. Transsexuals kind of blur that and an argument could be made either way so I could not 100% commit to it.

I shall sleep with you any day - given your looks turn me on and you're gentleman and we get along and everything :tongue: cause you know - I'm a classy girl :wink:
Reply 45
Original post by i<3milkshake
So much wrong with this post.
1) A transgender woman isn't a woman. They are a main with a mutilated penis and a man pumped full of hormones. Failure to keep taking them makes them grow a beard and lose their breasts (which will be silicone to an extent anyway). Getting loads of surgery doesn't make you a woman. I mean I can try and make myself look like a tiger with all kinds of weird surgery as much as I want I just am not genetically speaking a tiger.

2) Oh, so only prejudiced people won't sleep with a trans person. Newsflash; Me, and guys like me, like girls. We are attracted to girls. I want a girlfriend, not some guy so unsure about their identity and place in society they peform point 1). Not some guy turned into a female look-alike only due to the advancements in cosmetic surgery. I want a woman. Plain and simple. Hey, on the plus side I guess a trans woman won't ever get pregnant (since they are a man so can't). Actually make that point 3).

4) Someone's body and past being a BIT DIFFERENT? A BIT DIFFERENT? A bit different is someone who was born overseas. Or some other "bit different" thing about them. A body that is "a bit different" is not point 1). Complete understatement.

So you say it isn't a big deal? What you essentially are doing is having sex with a man but made to look like a woman. No thank you. I'm straight. As for the physcological issues if someone has an eating disorder like anorexia they don't go and get surgery to make themselves look how they think they should. They get treated for their mental issues. For trans people it seems the mental issue is just completely ignored and you can be a bearded lady like that Conchita. Strange.

Yes you are prejudice so I'm going to reply once and not get into a long discussion with you, mostly because I suspect we will never agree.

You are conflating gender and sex. Woman is a gender, anyone who says they are a woman is a woman. Just like with any other sort of identity

Mutilated is subjective, may trans people would feel the body they were born with is the mutilated one if any state of their body is to be called mutilated. However, I feel it is generally disrespectful to call anyone's body mutilated because it has such negative connotations.

Where or not someone grows a beard is to do with testosterone rather than taking estrogen. If a trans woman stays on anti-androgens or has had her balls removed, she won't develop any more facial hair. What facial hair she has already when she began hormones is usually removed through the lazer thing. The NHS doesn't do paying for boob jobs so I doubt many trans women her will have silicone breast. They will develop natural breast and they won't go away if they stop taking hormones.

I don't see why genetics should be a relevant factor in a partner. There's people walking around with genetic intersex conditions who have no idea because none of us go around thinking about it or getting genetic tests done. To only be interested in someone's genes because they are trans is problematic.

To refuse to accept that trans women are women and trans men are men is prejudice. I accept there may be reasons someone might not sleep with a trans person that aren't about prejudice but most are.

I'm not sure what you are talking about with unsure of their gender and platform points. Most trans people have thought about their gender way more than any cis person. Especially when deciding to transition because it's not easy you need to be pretty damn sure of your gender to be willing to go through with it.

A trans woman won't ever get pregnant. I think it's fine if being able to physically have a baby is a requirement you have in a partner but there's lots of reasons why a woman might not be able to- many of which you'd never know until you'd been trying for a while. If you'd not have a relationship with a woman who can't physically have a baby in general that's fine, but applying it only to trans women isn't even logical.

I really don't see it as that big a difference. If we are talking physical differences and a trans person who has medically transition, eg surgery and years on hormones, then there's plenty trans women you wouldn't know were trans unless they told you. The media skews people's perception of what trans people look like and it's doubled by trans people who have been on hormones for years often not being out.
No...that is what they do.

And mate, you said this in the "Would you date a feminist thread";

And here you are making this thread:tongue:

Man, at least female feminists are female! To clarify would you or wouldn't you do it? (Date a trans)

Oh I would sleep with a feminist easy, no trouble but I just want a normal girl who will have as many rights as she wants, is independent and just outgoing, not a angry woman on a war path against men.

No as stated above I don't think I could sleep with a transexual, could you?
Original post by ivybridge
I wouldn't have any qualms about it - it depends on whether or not I'm genuinely attracted to them. You guys need to just get comfortable with your sexuality already :lol:.

I am comfortable with my sexuality. I am attracted very much to women and men do nothing for me. Honestly I don't get turned on by men lol, I'm sorry.
Original post by hilrho
I shall sleep with you any day - given your looks turn me on and you're gentleman and we get along and everything :tongue: cause you know - I'm a classy girl :wink:

Are all bisexual girls so naughty?
Original post by BKS
Yes you are prejudice so I'm going to reply once and not get into a long discussion with you, mostly because I suspect we will never agree.

You are conflating gender and sex. Woman is a gender, anyone who says they are a woman is a woman. Just like with any other sort of identity

Gender is another word for sex. Females have two X chromosomes, men do not. If you have this you can say your gender is female or if asked what sex are you say female. If you are a guy you have XY. No ifs, no buts. No politically correct but logically and scientifically false logic applies.

Mutilated is subjective, may trans people would feel the body they were born with is the mutilated one if any state of their body is to be called mutilated. However, I feel it is generally disrespectful to call anyone's body mutilated because it has such negative connotations.

Watch the sugery they go through. Then tell me it isn't mutilation. Mutilation is completely altering something so its purpose can no longer be completely fulfilled in my definition. In any definition it will involve completely altering something. A person being born has not hade their body artificially mutilated. It is the way nature intended. I can't believe I am arguing this point.

Where or not someone grows a beard is to do with testosterone rather than taking estrogen. If a trans woman stays on anti-androgens or has had her balls removed, she won't develop any more facial hair. What facial hair she has already when she began hormones is usually removed through the lazer thing. The NHS doesn't do paying for boob jobs so I doubt many trans women her will have silicone breast. They will develop natural breast and they won't go away if they stop taking hormones.
Oh this process sounds much more natural than I described.

I don't see why genetics should be a relevant factor in a partner. There's people walking around with genetic intersex conditions who have no idea because none of us go around thinking about it or getting genetic tests done. To only be interested in someone's genes because they are trans is problematic.
If a man goes trans to be a woman than I am a fruit fly. Well, I will be after I get my wings surgically attatched. After all, I share a lot of DNA with them/we are quite genetically similar so why should genes matter? I am now a fruit fly.

To refuse to accept that trans women are women and trans men are men is prejudice. I accept there may be reasons someone might not sleep with a trans person that aren't about prejudice but most are.
Prejudice. That politically correct word again. I am not pre-judging anyone. A trans person can be intelligent. Funny. A good worker. But it is FACT they are not a woman. I mean is it prejudice to say a white person is white? No, just stating a fact. I am looking at a fact and calling it out. Not making any judgements about the person while doing so.

I'm not sure what you are talking about with unsure of their gender and platform points. Most trans people have thought about their gender way more than any cis person. Especially when deciding to transition because it's not easy you need to be pretty damn sure of your gender to be willing to go through with it.

A trans woman won't ever get pregnant. I think it's fine if being able to physically have a baby is a requirement you have in a partner but there's lots of reasons why a woman might not be able to- many of which you'd never know until you'd been trying for a while. If you'd not have a relationship with a woman who can't physically have a baby in general that's fine, but applying it only to trans women isn't even logical.

I really don't see it as that big a difference. If we are talking physical differences and a trans person who has medically transition, eg surgery and years on hormones, then there's plenty trans women you wouldn't know were trans unless they told you. The media skews people's perception of what trans people look like and it's doubled by trans people who have been on hormones for years often not being out.

Feel free to have your opinion and only respond once (which you did above). I respect your opinion. I would never discriminate against a trans person in housing, employment or any other area. However, my reasons above are pretty good reasons to not want to be in a relationship with a trans person. Again, freedom of speech is yes I can disagree and state my view but you can disagree and state yours.
Reply 50
Are all bisexual girls so naughty?

They maybe naughty - but not as kinky as I am :wink:
Oh I would sleep with a feminist easy, no trouble but I just want a normal girl who will have as many rights as she wants, is independent and just outgoing, not a angry woman on a war path against men.

No as stated above I don't think I could sleep with a transexual, could you?

No. If you read my posts you would probably guess that:tongue:. I must have missed yours saying that then, apologies:wink:
Original post by ivybridge

Pretty much exactly this. People are trying so hard to fit into a set version of sexuality when it's more nuanced than "I have XY chromosomes so I can only be heterosexual if the person I'm attracted to has XX chromosomes" and vice versa.

In any case, why does it even matter? We like who we like. If you were attracted to them before you found out they were trans, they're still the same person (albeit with a slightly different history to what you expected :tongue:)
Original post by hilrho
They maybe naughty - but not as kinky as I am :wink:

I like what I hear, maybe it is time to get out and experiment
Reply 54
I like what I hear, maybe it is time to get out and experiment

Not with transexuals I hope :tongue: (oh my god I feel so wrong saying this on its own like that)
No. If you read my posts you would probably guess that:tongue:. I must have missed yours saying that then, apologies:wink:

Oh yeh, just read them, it's perfectly reasonable to not want to.
I am comfortable with my sexuality. I am attracted very much to women and men do nothing for me. Honestly I don't get turned on by men lol, I'm sorry.

A transwoman isn't a man. You are sexually attracted to what you are sexually attracted to and I don't know why you're apologising for not being into men in an attempt to make it look like I'm forcing something on you which most people, to be honest, on this site seem to be running with when it comes to me at the moment, because I'm not. You are into what you are into and that's fine but my point is that it doesn't matter whether or not they are transsexual. It sounds more like you're prejudiced to the concept of being trans over everything else... which is fine if you just admit that. I don't see why it even needs to be an issue - if you're into someone, you're into them and if you're not, you're not, transexual, bisexual, homosexual, heterosexual, asexual, pansexual, whatever.

That was all I was trying to say - I don't think you're transphobic or any of that for not being into trans people - I just think you're too preoccupied with the connotations of this topic rather than the simple fact that people are people and you like what you like, whether someone is trans or not doesn't really change much, you can still be sexually attracted to the person they now are - a woman.
Reply 57
Feel free to have your opinion and only respond once (which you did above). I respect your opinion. I would never discriminate against a trans person in housing, employment or any other area. However, my reasons above are pretty good reasons to not want to be in a relationship with a trans person. Again, freedom of speech is yes I can disagree and state my view but you can disagree and state yours.

I will respond to this bit, I do disagree with the rest but we're not going to see eye to eye any time soon and I can't be bothered discussing it at length.

It's sort of good that you wouldn't discriminate, in the sense of it's better than nothing. But if you refuse to recognise a trans woman as a woman you are insulting her. Most trans people are really sensitive about being misgendered because of having many negative past experiences so it'll feel much worse than if a guy with long hair got mistaken for a woman now and again.

Someone's gender is a very basic part of their sense of self so if you don't respect that it'll probably feel like you aren't respecting them as a person at all.If someone was disrespecting me like that I'd probably not care very much if you weren't discriminating, I'd still feel pretty negative about it all and not like I was being seen as an equal.

I also forgot to say before that being trans is now widely considered a neuro developmental condition- not psychiatric and not a disorder, which is the big change from previous views. NHS England are currently in the process of re-designing their gender services to reflect that because it is now so widely agreed upon.
Original post by hilrho
Not with transexuals I hope :tongue: (oh my god I feel so wrong saying this on its own like that)

Why not? Haha, yeh maybe too far, but straight girls only know half the game after all, I never considered the benefits to broadening my horizon :colone:
Reply 59
Why not? Haha, yeh maybe too far, but straight girls only know half the game after all, I never considered the benefits to broadening my horizon :colone:

Cause then I won't sleep with you :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending