The Student Room Group

Which A Level subject did you find most difficult?

Also, what were your other subjects?

I did ICT, Geology and Geography, and I definitely found geography the hardest. I honestly wish I hadn't taken it :frown:
I did Computing, Physics, Maths and Biology. They honestly all had equally hard modules, in Computing I found the theory side difficult to pin down - the inner workings of a processor, RAM, ROM etc. I found it hard to memorize it all. The same thing happened with Biology, the shear amount of stuff you have to remember is just insane.

Maths and Physics wasn't that bad, it was just about applying what you learned to different situations and scenarios.
Original post by bailfire
I did Computing, Physics, Maths and Biology. They honestly all had equally hard modules, in Computing I found the theory side difficult to pin down - the inner workings of a processor, RAM, ROM etc. I found it hard to memorize it all. The same thing happened with Biology, the shear amount of stuff you have to remember is just insane.

Maths and Physics wasn't that bad, it was just about applying what you learned to different situations and scenarios.

Your subjects all sound much more difficult than mine! The actual content of geography wasn't hard to understand, but it was made virtually impossible to revise for due to a combination of poor teaching, almost non-existent revision resources and really ambiguous exam questions and mark schemes, and I hate ambiguity more than anything :mad:
PSY2 AQA kill meeeeee
Maths, economics and english. None were that hard, but objevtively maths is the hardest. However I found economics the hardest because theres a lot to remember and a lot of questions are trick questions. I thought maths was easy as opposed to everyone else in my class.
I did:
Sociology
Geography
ICT
General studies

Maths (additional maths)- i failed it

Maths was my hardest by far, which is why i failed the first module. Me and a load of others who also failed the first module got changed to additional maths instead, for which we didnt have a teacher, we just had to sit in the same class as the AS maths people and go through the text book. The exam was then the hardest that the head of maths had ever seen and most of us (including me) failed it and got a U.
Reply 6
I did Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry...

By a country mile further maths was hardest, made normal maths look like a walk in the park!
Reply 7
I did English literature, government and politics and history. English Lit was by far the hardest and most draining, while politics was definitely the most enjoyable!
I did History, English Literature, Politics and Philosophy. I found Philosophy the hardest.

Quick Reply

Latest