The Student Room Group

Is Product Design A-level a good A-level for Chemical Engineering 5th A-level option

It has 50% coursework and 50% exam and still runs on the current system so if anyone has done it I would like to know how you found thanks in advance.
I did it and found it fine. The project also gives you something interesting to talk about on your personal statement. Anything else you want to know, just ask.
I'm also going to study (mechanical) engineering in October.
Reply 3
Original post by Smug Life
I did it and found it fine. The project also gives you something interesting to talk about on your personal statement. Anything else you want to know, just ask.

Ok, thanks
Reply 4
I'm also going to study (mechanical) engineering in October.

Oh cool, what were your other A-levels?
Original post by OGGUS
Oh cool, what were your other A-levels?

maths, physics, computing
Reply 6
maths, physics, computing

What were the exam boards for each subject?
Reply 7
Should be fine for chemical engineering as long as you get high grades in chemistry and physics or maths, I will be doing chemical engineering this September.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oggus
what were the exam boards for each subject?

ocr mei, ocr a, ocr
Reply 9
Original post by 007anne
Should be fine for chemical engineering as long as you get high grades in chemistry and physics or maths, I will be doing chemical engineering this September.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know but I want to get in to Imperial, and there applicants have like 4 or more A-levels. But it depends if my college lets me. I really need to be persuasive i guess and have to somehow make them believe i will obtain A*-B in everything else
Reply 10
Original post by OGGUS
I know but I want to get in to Imperial, and there applicants have like 4 or more A-levels. But it depends if my college lets me. I really need to be persuasive i guess and have to somehow make them believe i will obtain A*-B in everything else

Just email the admissions at imperial they will tell you what they want, just do way after a level results day or before, otherwise they would be a little overwhelmed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by 007anne
Just email the admissions at imperial they will tell you what they want, just do way after a level results day or before, otherwise they would be a little overwhelmed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh okay thanks I'll try to find out more when applying for Universities but I might as well do AS-level (extra UCAS points).

Quick Reply

Latest