Think of your arteries fam.

I really should haha
I eat so much junk
Will start taking healthy lunches :smile:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I really should haha
I eat so much junk
Will start taking healthy lunches :smile:

You should really have breakfast too. Your metabolism works best with the meal size descending as the day draws on.
Original post by TheYearNiner
118lbs is already thin for someone who is very tall u should gain 10lbs not lose it but if u want to lose it u should do calisthenics and watch StrengthOverSize hes a wasteman but a good man

:toofunny:
Original post by vimto39
You should really have breakfast too. Your metabolism works best with the meal size descending as the day draws on.

Ok seems as if i will have to wake up earlier to eat porriage oats or wheetabix for breakfast :smile:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Ok seems as if i will have to wake up earlier to eat porriage oats or wheetabix for breakfast :smile:

Porridge is an excellent choice. People often negate the need for breakfast, without realising that it is arguably the most important meal of the day.

If you exercise or work out, then you really should be having a hearty breakfast!
Reply 25
Original post by Anonymous
I don't have time to go to the gym as I will be doing a medical degree and have many other commitments such as music, but have you any advice for toning up? I do lots of walking but should I work out using weights or something, and would a short session a day make any difference? Thank you for the advice, it's appreciated!

If you want to tone without going to the gym, you could buy some Slendertone belts which wrap around your arms/legs and abdomen to increase muscle tone. They basically send a small electrical impulse (intensity can be adjusted) through your muscles, causing them to contract slightly. This eventually firms your muscles, but you won't gain weight with a couple of toning belts, you still have to do some form of lightweight exercises. Heavy weights build a lot of muscle mass but light weights help with tone, which is what you need to go for. Even swimming tones you properly. Try a few things and see what works :smile:
Hi, I'm eighteen years old and am very tall, and I currently weigh around 118lbs. I have worked to get here, as I used to be chubbier, although I was never anywhere near overweight. I start university next month and want advice from females who are considered very slim, i.e. size 6-8, who have managed to always be/have always maintained a very thin figure. Please could you share your eating habits, for example by providing a typical day's food intake? Do you ever eat unhealthily, and do you exercise at all? My aim to lose the final 10lbs, hopefully by Christmas, is to simply not buy any 'snack' food because I enjoy eating healthily and feel satiated after doing so, and to do a lot of walking - I am doing a very demanding degree, so I am not aiming to waste time or money at the gym, when one hour of running equates to a chocolate bar and a bag of crisps. Please share your healthy habits, and thank you!:-)

OP, seriously though, you are quite slim already - I really don't recommend you losing more weight. If you must, instead, I suggest that you should tone: eat lots of protein and then you'll slowly gain weight then you can work that weight off. No point in losing more weight by doing exercise and just cutting out certain foods because you'll drop to a weight where it'll make you seriously ill and anorexic looking - please don't do that!

I'm quite thin, but I just literally eat anything and everything. I don't really restrict myself from eating certain foods, but I have high metabolism anyway, so any food I do eat, gives me sufficient amount of energy until I need to eat again. One thing I always make sure to eat is breakfast :smile:
Original post by Lovinlife2
OP, seriously though, you are quite slim already - I really don't recommend you losing more weight. If you must, instead, I suggest that you should tone: eat lots of protein and then you'll slowly gain weight then you can work that weight off. No point in losing more weight by doing exercise and just cutting out certain foods because you'll drop to a weight where it'll make you seriously ill and anorexic looking - please don't do that!

I'm quite thin, but I just literally eat anything and everything. I don't really restrict myself from eating certain foods, but I have high metabolism anyway, so any food I do eat, gives me sufficient amount of energy until I need to eat again. One thing I always make sure to eat is breakfast :smile:

So if you eat a lot but don't put on weight, does that mean you have a high metabolism? Because I can eat as much as I want and I've never been fat. However, I do have trouble eating a lot at one meal, so is that because of a high metabolism?
So if you eat a lot but don't put on weight, does that mean you have a high metabolism? Because I can eat as much as I want and I've never been fat. However, I do have trouble eating a lot at one meal, so is that because of a high metabolism?

You can't judge eating a lot by feels. The macros has to be counted. If counted correctly you will gain weight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Blade
You can't judge eating a lot by feels. The macros has to be counted. If counted correctly you will gain weight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't really get it :s-smilie:

Yes, that's correct :smile: Having a fast metabolic rate means that the food you take in, is rapidly broken down and therefore has little time to provide the optimum amount of energy from the food, to the cells in your body.

If you have trouble whilst eating large quantities in one meal, and frequently need to use the toilet during the time that you are eating, then that means that you mostly likely have a high metabolic rate. Or, if you have finished the meal and immediately or after many hours, you visit the toilet 2 or 3 times +, then it means that your body has digested the food probably, too quickly. However, if you just find it difficult to eat a big meal, when you usually do not do this, it may be that your stomach is used to having smaller portions, so you feel fuller more quickly.
Yes, that's correct :smile: Having a fast metabolic rate means that the food you take in, is rapidly broken down and therefore has little time to provide the optimum amount of energy from the food, to the cells in your body.

If you have trouble whilst eating large quantities in one meal, and frequently need to use the toilet during the time that you are eating, then that means that you mostly likely have a high metabolic rate. Or, if you have finished the meal and immediately or after many hours, you visit the toilet 2 or 3 times +, then it means that your body has digested the food probably, too quickly. However, if you just find it difficult to eat a big meal, when you usually do not do this, it may be that your stomach is used to having smaller portions, so you feel fuller more quickly.

Ok, that all makes sense :smile:
I don't really have trouble whilst eating and I don't really need to use the toilet frequently in the time frame that you mentioned. However, I think it is true that my stomach can only take small portions. Is that because it's more efficient to have smaller portions, as, like you said, less energy is taken from the food so having larger meals would mean that more energy is wasted (not used)?
Sorry for the constant questions, but it's all really intriguing :redface:
Ok, that all makes sense :smile:
I don't really have trouble whilst eating and I don't really need to use the toilet frequently in the time frame that you mentioned. However, I think it is true that my stomach can only take small portions. Is that because it's more efficient to have smaller portions, as, like you said, less energy is taken from the food so having larger meals would mean that more energy is wasted (not used)?

Sorry for the constant questions, but it's all really intriguing :redface:

No worries at all! :smile:

Okay, that's absolutely fine - each to their own but I thought I'd mention symptoms that I get to see if they're any relevance to you. Well, if you can only stomach smaller portions, it may just mean that your body has adjusted nicely to eating in comfortable, little meals. Did you ever eat small portions during meal times when you where younger?

Absolutely! For your body (and indeed it would be the same scenario for me too), it's best to stick to smaller portions of food when eating, this means that there will be the maximum amount of energy given to the cells of your body (which is what you want) rather than eating more than your normal capacity and only gaining a fraction of the energy provided from the food you have eaten despite their being more food.

Keep firing with the questions - it's actually very enjoyable :tongue:
No worries at all! :smile:

Okay, that's absolutely fine - each to their own but I thought I'd mention symptoms that I get to see if they're any relevance to you. Well, if you can only stomach smaller portions, it may just mean that your body has adjusted nicely to eating in comfortable, little meals. Did you ever eat small portions during meal times when you where younger?

I think I've always been eating small portions and when I'm given large meals, it usually takes me forever to finish :tongue:

Absolutely! For your body (and indeed it would be the same scenario for me too), it's best to stick to smaller portions of food when eating, this means that there will be the maximum amount of energy given to the cells of your body (which is what you want) rather than eating more than your normal capacity and only gaining a fraction of the energy provided from the food you have eaten despite their being more food.Keep firing with the questions - it's actually very enjoyable

Thank you very much, you're quite intelligent :biggrin:
I think I've always been eating small portions and when I'm given large meals, it usually takes me forever to finish :tongue:

Thank you very much, you're quite intelligent :biggrin:

Aha no wonder! I used to eat in small portions too! hi5 :h:

Haha, aww I'm glad they've helped you! :awesome:

Anon, you seem like a lovely person - I'd give you personal rep, but that's a bit difficult when you're anonymous :tongue:
I used to be :erm:

Quick Reply

Latest