The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I thought that, but my girlfriend showed me that apparently for 2016 entry Keele want the 4th AS to be grade A?

Can anyone clear this up?

Original post by Farockz
You sure about Keele? I got an offer there with a B at AS :smile:
Original post by TheyCallMePolish
I thought that, but my girlfriend showed me that apparently for 2016 entry Keele want the 4th AS to be grade A?

Can anyone clear this up?

Taken off their website

"
General requirements for 2016 entryThe standard offer for school-leavers will be 3 A-levels at grades AAA or A*AB (with no grade below B), plus a minimum of grade B in the fourth AS-level or extended project qualification (EPQ). Requirements for other level-3 qualifications and all other detailed requirements are specified under the A100 or A104 tab.
"

I'll include the link also, you need to scroll down a bit to find the bit about 2016 :smile:

http://www.keele.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduatemedicalcourse/entryrouteshowtoapply/
Oh I was looking at advance notice for 2017! Thank you very much; this was very helpful!

Original post by FireDwarf2
Taken off their website

"
General requirements for 2016 entryThe standard offer for school-leavers will be 3 A-levels at grades AAA or A*AB (with no grade below B), plus a minimum of grade B in the fourth AS-level or extended project qualification (EPQ). Requirements for other level-3 qualifications and all other detailed requirements are specified under the A100 or A104 tab.
"

I'll include the link also, you need to scroll down a bit to find the bit about 2016 :smile:

http://www.keele.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduatemedicalcourse/entryrouteshowtoapply/
With my qualifications, would I be better off applying for Keele or East Anglia?
Original post by TheyCallMePolish
Oh I was looking at advance notice for 2017! Thank you very much; this was very helpful!

No problem! Keele has a fantastic medical school, I'm off there this September, so I can defiantly recommend applying!
Reply 785
Can anyone answer any of these questions?
1) Which unis don't pay much attention to GCSEs?
2) Which unis don't pay much attention to UKCAT?
3) Which unis don't pay much attention to AS grades and care more about predicted grades?
I know lots of people would like to know the answer to these 3 depending on their particular circumstances.
I've found like 4 unis after emailing them and talking to them for question 3 but anymore would be helpful.
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ariasia
Can anyone answer any of these questions?
1) Which unis don't pay much attention to GCSEs?
2) Which unis don't pay much attention to UKCAT?
3) Which unis don't pay much attention to AS grades and care more about predicted grades?
I know lots of people would like to know the answer to these 3 depending on their particular circumstances.
I've found like 4 unis after emailing them and talking to them for question 3 but anymore would be helpful.
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

What unis replied to you about question 3 and what did they say

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 787
Well I got AABD, and predictions AAA, despite the fact that the D was in Chem I checked with them if this makes me inapplicable to apply due to bad AS grades and they replied that as long as you're predicted AAA, and you do the required retakes within the 2 years of Alevels, I am still applicable for entry to A100.
These included; Leicester, Kings, Manchester, Aberdeen and Bristol(which doesn't even use UKCAT/Any entrance exam from what I've heard/read)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys- is it probable that unis will raise offers if the predicted grades are higher than the normal offer? So if my predicted grades are A*A*A*A, am I actually going to be at a risk of them raising their offers to be closer to my predicted grades? I'm scared that if, fpr some reason, I don't achieve my predicted grades, then I will be in major trouble even if I do meet their normal requirements. :s-smilie:
Reply 789
Hey, No :smile:

Your offer will always be the same regardless of predicted grades ( usually AAA). Predicted grades should always be as high as possible though so they can identify the stronger academic candidates :smile:
Original post by Farockz
Hey, No :smile:

Your offer will always be the same regardless of predicted grades ( usually AAA). Predicted grades should always be as high as possible though so they can identify the stronger academic candidates :smile:

Hey :smile: do you happen to know if you take 4 subjects they will make you a high offer on all 4 subjects? Like maybe need 4As instead of 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My AS grades were BCCC ( biology, chemistry, physics and maths ) with predictions of AAAB respectively.
I got a UKCAT score of 2840 band 2.
Which unis can i apply to with such AS grades and cant apply to?
Im looking at:

Imperial, Manchester, Queen Marys, St George's, Leicester, Keele, Newcastle.

Which of these can i apply to and cant apply to? Or if you know other unis i can apply to it would help. Thanks.
Hi, I just wanting to check whether these universities are good choices based on my stats.

I am hoping to apply to:
Imperial
UCL
Bristol
BSMS

GCSE: 5A* 4.5A and a distinction

AS Achieved:
Biology - A
Psychology - A
Chemistry - A
Physics - B

A2 Predicted:
Biology - A*
Psychology - A*
Chemistry - A

I am also picking up an EPQ this year but don't have my predicted grade yet - However I imagine it will be an A or A*.
I consider my personal statement to be slightly above the average level.
Original post by akshay.singh
My AS grades were BCCC ( biology, chemistry, physics and maths ) with predictions of AAAB respectively.
Im looking at:

Which of these can i apply to and cant apply to? Or if you know other unis i can apply to it would help. Thanks.

Calling up the Universities is the most reliable way to find out. I know some only look at A2 predictions rather than AS, but others will look at both.

But seriously ow on earth were you predicted As at A2 when you got Cs at AS? I have friends who aren't even predicted As when they got Bs!
Original post by RedNebula
Hey :smile: do you happen to know if you take 4 subjects they will make you a high offer on all 4 subjects? Like maybe need 4As instead of 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Usually if you take 4 subjects they will require you to get a C (some may ask for Bs) but it should not be part of your offer.
Original post by Eleanor303
Hi, I just wanting to check whether these universities are good choices based on my stats.

I am hoping to apply to:
Imperial
UCL
Bristol
BSMS

GCSE: 5A* 4.5A and a distinction

AS Achieved:
Biology - A
Psychology - A
Chemistry - A
Physics - B

A2 Predicted:
Biology - A*
Psychology - A*
Chemistry - A

I am also picking up an EPQ this year but don't have my predicted grade yet - However I imagine it will be an A or A*.
I consider my personal statement to be slightly above the average level.

Have you done/are you planning to do a UKCAT? Applying to 3 BMAT universities seems quite risky.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by violin101
Have you done/are you planning to do a UKCAT? Applying to 3 BMAT universities seems quite risky.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I did my UKCAT - I got an average of 618 and band three in SJ. I was really disappointed with this score as I had performed much higher in all the mocks I did. I already had a list of my favourite universities before my UKCAT and was only planning on changing these if I performed really well in my UKCAT.
Original post by tdixon97
Hey, I'm applying after a gap year and wanted to know which UKCAT universities I had the best chances at gauranteeing an interview!
These are my stats:
GCSEs: 7A*, 3A, 1B (B in Eng Lan)
AS: AAAA
A2 achieved: A*A*A*
UKCAT: 760
My main worry is my GCSEs not being high enough... thanks

With 760, I suspect you'll be offered a guaranteed interview at all UKCAT universities which rank on UKCAT like Newcastle etc.
Original post by akshay.singh
Im looking at:

What did you do to prepare for the UKCAT? How long did you prepare for ? What did you do the night before ? Any tips for the actual exam day
Original post by BigDreamer123
Got 7 A 3 B in GCSE
Got 3A and a B in AS but they weren't high A's
Can I still get into med?

Did u get any offers or did u get invited to an interview?

Latest

Trending

Trending