The Student Room Group

Can I go to a University that I declined through clearing?

If a University gave me an offer but I declined it, can I still apply there through clearing?
Original post by DraftMeteor
If a University gave me an offer but I declined it, can I still apply there through clearing?

Yes you can, though you might have to explain to them why you declined the first offer and why they should give you another offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey there,

Yes you can :smile: You'll need to show them that you're passionate about that course and that you really want to study there. Universities' main concern is that students will drop out, so you'll need to show them that you are committed to the course and that you've thought things through :h:

Hope that helps, if you've got any other questions let me know. We've also got a clearing advice line for people (anyone can call, even if they're not thinking about Staffs) if you want to talk to a person here: 03702186241

Katie

In most cases if you contact the University you declined and ask to be re-considered they will say yes. As mentioned by BusayoCray you may be required to answer a few questions and explain why you declined them originally; obviously they'll want committed and passionate students.

Best thing to do is give them a call :smile: Best of luck and let me know if you require any further assistance or information.
Reply 4
Thanks for the replies and the help :smile:
Thanks for the replies and the help :smile:

You're welcome - let me know how it all goes today! Good luck :smile: :crossedf:
Reply 6
Got BBC and into first choice! :biggrin:
Got BBC and into first choice! :biggrin:

Well done! Congratulations - excellent news! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending