The Student Room Group

are my chances of studying at a RG uni over?

Scroll to see replies

You can most certainly improve your grades from AS to A2. I got AABC at AS and got AAAB at A2 and I got the As only one of my A grade subjects at AS and the others in the one I got a B and a C in. I resat my AS lit exam and went from an E to an A so if you put the work in it can pay off. Resit some of the modules you got lower marks in and you can get those higher grades.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Skill Twix
Right now if you work your butt off you are likely to get A*AA(if you take the ABB subjects in your final year).
It depends where you want to apply to

I took ABC subjects ( dropped eng lit) & I'm predicted AAC at A2. I'm hoping to get AAB next year which would get me into the uni I want to go to 😊

Original post by jambojim97
Hell no! I know a girl at my college who got BCCC at AS then got A*AB at A2 and is now off to an RG.

Wow! Hopefully I can do as well as she did. The funny thing is that the uni I really want to go to isn't even a RG uni, its Leicester 👌
Reply 22
Original post by citydeer
i got ABCD at AS and got offers from 5 RG unis and ended up with A*BB at A2, try resitting a few modules to boost you grades and put in effort all year and its 100% possible, also while your predicted grades are important unis also look at lot at the rest of your application, a strong personal statement and references can really help (especially if you miss a grade on results day)
also it depends on how your school operates but with our predicted grades our teachers asked what we needed to get into uni and as long as it was a realistic grade they put what we needed

Original post by Lkathryn08
You can most certainly improve your grades from AS to A2. I got AABC at AS and got AAAB at A2 and I got the As only one of my A grade subjects at AS and the others in the one I got a B and a C in. I resat my AS lit exam and went from an E to an A so if you put the work in it can pay off. Resit some of the modules you got lower marks in and you can get those higher grades.

I wouldn't mind retaking modules, but I'm hearing we have to pay for it now?! & hopefully the rest of my application will be strong enough to secure 5 offers 👍
Original post by CBftw
I wouldn't mind retaking modules, but I'm hearing we have to pay for it now?! & hopefully the rest of my application will be strong enough to secure 5 offers 👍

I had to pay for my resits so I chose the ones I could make the the most improvement in, I did 2 resits because in one we weren't taught correct exam technique and got really bad grades and one where I was ill so I only got a B when it was the exam I felt was the easiest. So if you don't want to pay for loads pick one or two which could really boost grades. I know it's annoying to pay for it but myself and many of my friends benefitted from resitting AS modules and compared to A2 some of them seem quite easy.
Original post by CBftw

i had to pay for my resits, i only resat 2 but went up a grade in each so it was worth it - it was about £50 for the 2 resits which while it is a lot of money i would rather work extra hours to pay for resits than not get into my first choice uni, if you are confident you will increase your grade (i did 2 hours work for each resit a week throughout the year) then i think it is worth it
Original post by Wrf95
Those are great grades! I am going to Bristol this September to study Law and my grades were lower than yours as AS, don't fret just work really hard this year :smile:

Ok you have made me feel masses better because I want to go to Bristol to do Law next year! What was you offer and what did you get at AS? Also where else did u apply?
I have AAAB but I still really scared its not enough cause obvs LNAT and stuff, but got 25/42 on my first practise test?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 26
No, they're not. I got lower grades than you but still managed to get into a RG uni
Reply 27
Original post by liviward36
Ok you have made me feel masses better because I want to go to Bristol to do Law next year! What was you offer and what did you get at AS? Also where else did u apply?
I have AAAB but I still really scared its not enough cause obvs LNAT and stuff, but got 25/42 on my first practise test?

You should, Bristol looks so great! I have applied twice as I had to resit in my gap year due to extenuating circumstances. But in AS i got BBC (due to acting as a carer - though i chose not to tell unis about this) but still got an offer from Bristol, York, and Exeter. Then this year (or last September) i applied to Bristol, Exeter, York, Liverpool, and UEA - received offers of AAB from them all, and an unconditional from UEA. 25/42 is amazing for a first test, you should be very proud of that! I got 29 in the real thing, though I'm still very confused as to how

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending