The Student Room Group

need help: what to do if i get bad gardes in as level?

Guys heyy! I need advice and help. I have bio chem and phy and I got CDD in AS LEVEL. I'm doing edexcel! I don't know what to do! i want to go into a medical uni but that's impossible i think.
now the question is: is Cambridge easier than edexcel? and should i change my school and do Cambridge and repeat it all over again? or should i repeat the exam again as in with A level exams?
need helpppp!
Original post by Missywizzy
Guys heyy! I need advice and help. I have bio chem and phy and I got CDD in AS LEVEL. I'm doing edexcel! I don't know what to do! i want to go into a medical uni but that's impossible i think.
now the question is: is Cambridge easier than edexcel? and should i change my school and do Cambridge and repeat it all over again? or should i repeat the exam again as in with A level exams?
need helpppp!

Do you mean OCR? :p:
Yeh with those grades you're not really going to be getting into medicine the conventional route. Some people apply for graduate entry, which means that they do some other related degree (e.g. biomedical science) and then apply to go to medical school afterwards. This forum has a very good medicine forum where you can read more about it. You could also look into other healthcare professions that would involve some similar work but not require the same competitive grades.

In terms of what you should do, I think it would make more sense to resit your AS year alongside A2. Rather stick with AQA because you've already done some of the work for that, and so it will be easier to click and improve a second time, building on what you already know.

Quick Reply

Latest