The Student Room Group

A level choice

I'm really confused on what i want to do in the future. I'm doing Bio Chem and Maths plus epq but i dont like chem at all. I'm thinking of switching it to physics the do further maths. With these subjects what can i study in university. I wanted to do medicine but i did not get good enough gcse grades. I dont mind going into science research but i'm not sure if i need chemistry. I'm so stuck and confused now
Reply 1
Original post by ch444tine
I'm really confused on what i want to do in the future. I'm doing Bio Chem and Maths plus epq but i dont like chem at all. I'm thinking of switching it to physics the do further maths. With these subjects what can i study in university. I wanted to do medicine but i did not get good enough gcse grades. I dont mind going into science research but i'm not sure if i need chemistry. I'm so stuck and confused now

Hi, don’t worry about your GCSE grades for now! You need to focus on your A-levels.

Typically, for med 2 sciences are required and maths is listed as a ‘helpful’ subject

For scientific research it would depend on the discipline you want to do that research in: mainly bio, chem or physics? They do interlink a lot so be mindful that the ones you like may have elements of chemistry in them

I’d say choose the sciences you enjoy most! Good luck (I’m doing bio chem maths FM btw so we’re in similar situations!!)
Reply 2
Original post by subbhy
Hi, don’t worry about your GCSE grades for now! You need to focus on your A-levels.

Typically, for med 2 sciences are required and maths is listed as a ‘helpful’ subject

For scientific research it would depend on the discipline you want to do that research in: mainly bio, chem or physics? They do interlink a lot so be mindful that the ones you like may have elements of chemistry in them

I’d say choose the sciences you enjoy most! Good luck (I’m doing bio chem maths FM btw so we’re in similar situations!!)

what gardes did you get? also yeah i think i might do bio physics maths and fm
Reply 3
Original post by ch444tine
what gardes did you get? also yeah i think i might do bio physics maths and fm

I got 9s in the subjects I chose (didn’t do FM gcse though) Wbu!?
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest