The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Business and Management offer at Medway Campus

Hey guys,

Today I luckily got offered a place at Kent to study Business and Management and since i've gone through clearing I haven't actually seen the uni or know much about it, so it would be great if anyone could answer a few questions I have because obviously its such a big decision to make and I need to make the right one.

1) How good is the night life? I do like to go out almost every weekend and I have read that there are only 3 night clubs near Medway. I was wondering if this gets repetitive or is there a location nearby where everyone seems to go.

2) Is Kent basically a campus university? I think this may be an incredibly dumb question, however what I mean is at Medway, is there accommodation, teaching facilities, a gym, student union etc all in one area or will I have to travel an hour everyday to get to the Kent Business School?

3) Is the Medway campus shared between different universities? I see Greenwich university has a campus near by, do the universities interact at all?

4) How expensive is Kent? I mean is it like London prices or more reasonable?

I currently feel so lost and uneducated about the whole university so any guidance whether to answer the questions or not would be much appreciated.
Hi
I'm also going to study business and management at Medway
I don't think I can answer all your questions but I do know that it is a campus uni but it's quite small and easy to get around.
There is accommodation but it's seperate from the uni (about 15 mins walk).
And yes we will share the campus with Canterbury Christ church uni and uni of Greenwich so I suppose we will see them a lot
Hope that helped 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by PinkRhinos
I've done extensive research on this topic here on tsr.
Medway is not somewhere you want to study if you value night life, and yes it's shared.
Kent is not as expensive as London.

I actually received an offer from Kent for Accounting & Management and I was very excited until I realized it was at Medway.
I since reapplied for Business administration & Spanish, means I have to learn spanish but at least it's at Canterbury, I hope they give me a place.

Do some more research here on TSR, 9/10 people at Medway are not happy. If I don't get the place at Canterbury I'm most likely going to look into other unis

This isn't entirely true. Yes, Canterbury is a bigger campus and has more stuff going on but all Kent uni students can go to cants anytime they want, it's 40minutes away.

In terms of freshers, they're both pretty much the same, obviously the Medway students will have some of their own events but students from both campuses often go to the same events

Some of my friends like Medway because it's smaller, therefore making it more of a close knit family and much easier to make friends. Just because you live in Medway doesn't mean you cannot experience both campuses.

Also, you only really have to live in Medway for a year if you find yourself disliking it. After first year, you can decide to move to Canterbury and commute (there's a free shuttle bus between both campuses) so all is not lost.

The most important thing here is the teaching. Kent is a very good uni. You will not be academically disadvantaged for staying in Medway. The fact that you are considering other unis just because of nightlife makes me very worried for you. I had a long think about it too. It was either bcu or Kent (Medway) , which is basically better nightlife vs good uni. After doing a little research, it was a no brainier. When taking everything into account, I hope you make the best decision :u:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by cherryred90s
This isn't entirely true. Yes, Canterbury is a bigger campus and has more stuff going on but all Kent uni students can go to cants anytime they want, it's 40minutes away.

In terms of freshers, they're both pretty much the same, obviously the Medway students will have some of their own events but students from both campuses often go to the same events

Some of my friends like Medway because it's smaller, therefore making it more of a close knit family and much easier to make friends. Just because you live in Medway doesn't mean you cannot experience both campuses.

Also, you only really have to live in Medway for a year if you find yourself disliking it. After first year, you can decide to move to Canterbury and commute (there's a free shuttle bus between both campuses) so all is not lost.

The most important thing here is the teaching. Kent is a very good uni. You will not be academically disadvantaged for staying in Medway. The fact that you are considering other unis just because of nightlife makes me very worried for you. I had a long think about it too. It was either bcu or Kent (Medway) , which is basically better nightlife vs good uni. After doing a little research, it was a no brainier. When taking everything into account, I hope you make the best decision :u:

I think I was brainwashed or something because I had negative info about this topic shoved down my throat ad nauseam here on TSR.
To be honest, I completely agree and I've deleted my post in shame.
And I'm also joining the medway crew this month and I'm very excited.:smile:
Original post by PinkRhinos
I think I was brainwashed or something because I had negative info about this topic shoved down my throat ad nauseam here on TSR.
To be honest, I completely agree and I've deleted my post in shame.
And I'm also joining the medway crew this month and I'm very excited.:smile:

Yay, see ya there! Remember, it will only be what we make it!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by cherryred90s
Yay, see ya there! Remember, it will only be what we make it!

Very true! Thanks again for unfolding me from my blinding ignorance, I'm just human too :biggrin:
Reply 6
Hi there, are you going to be studying the Business & Management course with the year in the industry at Medway?

Original post by Saranka Karan
Hi
I'm also going to study business and management at Medway
I don't think I can answer all your questions but I do know that it is a campus uni but it's quite small and easy to get around.
There is accommodation but it's seperate from the uni (about 15 mins walk).
And yes we will share the campus with Canterbury Christ church uni and uni of Greenwich so I suppose we will see them a lot
Hope that helped 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending