The Student Room Group

Feeling confused

Hi,

This is my first post but I'm in need of some advice as i've now got no idea of what to do. I'm 22 and have a place to study Joint Honours, which includes Psychology, at a good university. My offer has been suspended for the past 2 years due to personal circumstances which meant I was unable to go to University but now I'm able to attend, I feel I've lost my drive.

I didn't get into university originally due to health issues and had to re-sit part of my A2's, I achieved BBC but was originally predicted AAB (the majority of my modules were A & B's) and then went to study another A Level (P/T), achieving a C.

I've always had doubts that I'm not worthy of a place at this university as for my course they usually ask for AAB, I'm now wondering if I should go at all? I've also been offered a place on an Access to HE in Science course which may help to reassure me about my intelligence as I haven't studied full time since I was 19. However, my current offer will close after this academic year and I may not achieve the 45 Dist credits required for similar universities, I also can't reapply for the course I have a place on now and I don't really want to be any older.

I'm looking for some advice/support as to what I should do? I'm so unsure and it's making me feel awful.

Thanks for listening to my rambles.
(edited 8 years ago)
The best piece of advise is don't knock yourself down. I left school thinking I didn't have what it takes to get into university. Went to college did a level 3 Btec. Didn't work as hard as I could. Went into world of work for five years. Unhappy with jobs I had. Decided to go to university, didn't have the best grades. I got into a university, currently going to be going into third year. Am on course for a high 2.2 or low 2.1. You can do it, you just need the motivation and drive to do it. Take up your offer at university, am sure you won't regret it. I haven't my life is better for going to university even though I left a full time job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending