The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hollyy_16xxx
Is anyone doing, A Level psychology, sociology or health and social care double? Thats what I'm doing what about everyone else on here?

Have a look at the big list of subjects Midnihgtmemories posted a few posts back!! The purpose of it is to assist with enquiries such as yours! :smile:

its on page 26!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Gilo98
Have a look at the big list of subjects Midnihgtmemories posted a few posts back!! The purpose of it is to assist with enquiries such as yours! :smile:

its on page 26!!

Okay thank you! :smile:
Original post by thevamps99xo
Everyone seems to be going back on either the 2nd or the 3rd

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't go back till 14th September!:biggrin:
Is anyone doing, A Level psychology, sociology or health and social care double? Thats what I'm doing what about everyone else on here?

I'm doing psych and sociology
Original post by Midnightmemories
can you all check this please..

Accounting

Spoiler

Art

Spoiler

Biology

Spoiler

Business

Spoiler

Chemistry

Spoiler

Chinese

Spoiler

Classics

Spoiler

Computing

Spoiler

Critical Think

Spoiler

Dance

Spoiler

Drama

Spoiler

Drama and Theatre Studies

Spoiler

Economics

Spoiler

English, language

Spoiler

English, language and literature

Spoiler

English, literature

Spoiler

EPQ

Spoiler

Electronics

Spoiler

French

Spoiler

Film Studies

Spoiler

General Studies

Spoiler

Geography

Spoiler

German

Spoiler

Government and Politics

Spoiler

Health and Social Care

Spoiler

History

Spoiler

History, of Art

Spoiler

IT

Spoiler

Latin

Spoiler

Law

Spoiler

Maths

Spoiler

Maths, additional further

Spoiler

Maths, further

Spoiler

Music

Spoiler

Physics

Spoiler

Psychology

Spoiler

Philosophy and Ethics

Spoiler

Photography

Spoiler

Product Design

Spoiler

Politics

Spoiler

Religious Studies

Spoiler

Sociology

Spoiler

Spanish

Spoiler

Statistics

Spoiler

Textiles

Spoiler

Word Development

Spoiler

BTEC

Spoiler

Can I ask what is the purpose of this? :smile:
Original post by cadenisacoolkid
I'm doing psych and sociology

Oh Cool, least I know people on here are doing the same options.
Original post by Gilo98
No!!! By the end of Yr11 I was just getting pissed off by the fact that Im sharing a school with people that are 5 years younger than me. It was time to move on and have a new scene

Understandable. There are lots of pros to college and not having to stand in an assembly hall with a bunch of pre-pubescent imps is one of them. But I'm staying at school because I want to be chucked in at the deep end in a place I'm familiar with tbh 😊
Original post by CharlotteHusnjak
Understandable. There are lots of pros to college and not having to stand in an assembly hall with a bunch of pre-pubescent imps is one of them. But I'm staying at school because I want to be chucked in at the deep end in a place I'm familiar with tbh 😊

haha, thats exactly what I'm trying to avoid. fair enough, its all relative to the individual :smile:
Actually while we're here, who is going to college or staying at school and why? 😃
I'm going back on the 8th ^^
Can I ask what is the purpose of this? :smile:

I think it is so that people who do a subject know who else is doing their subject so if they are stuck/need help they know who to ask.

:smile:
Actually while we're here, who is going to college or staying at school and why? 😃

I'm staying at my school because it is the only place even remotely near me that offers Chinese to A2, even including private schools! :ahee: Plus I love my teachers and I know I can succeed here so I'm happy to stay.

Although all this talk about the lower school is making me envy those in separate sixth forms!
Anyone who is doing maths further maths physics or IT private message me try and get a group set up on skype or something for support
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 593
So I'm the only one doing Theatre Studies?
I start college on the 1st of September :biggrin: and then the 5th of September I turn 17

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm staying at my school because I love it there and I prefer the idea of going to my school's small sixth form than to a huge college :smile: Although the lower years are annoying, I hopefully won't see them too much in sixth form as almost all of my lessons will be in the sixth form block :smile:
Original post by JessThomas6
I'm doing economics!
I wish my school did law & government and politics, they used to but thought they were 'too elite' to do 😒 instead I'm going to do an open university course in my gap year on politics and social policy aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was supposed to do italian instead of economics but they cancelled it.. Im hopeful that it might be interesting
Original post by Purple-Pixie
I'm doing Government and Politics too :biggrin: What exam board are you doing?

I dont actually know 😂
Original post by JessThomas6
Are you going to a private school?! :O
My year 12 will have at least 120 people, the sixth form has over 300 people so it's likely to be closer to 160/180 people!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by WannabeDoctor98
My sixth form has around 300 people 0_0Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I do so that's why it's so small haha well there are only going to be about 40 in my year, plus approximately 25-30 in the year above. Wow both of your sixth forms are huge, there are probably only 400 people in my entire school let alone 300 in the sixth form! I did apply to a sixth form around that sort of size though but I decided to stay at my current school :smile:
Original post by Qmwnebrv
I dont actually know 😂

Haha fair enough, I found out that I'm doing Edexcel through my sixth form's prospectus :smile:

Latest