The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gogregg
Quadruple maths? Do you take maths and further maths?

Nope only Maths.
Original post by txmidayoxo
Nope only Maths.

Wow, I take both, and I have two maths lesson a day at most...

I would feel sorry for you, but, I, personally, would quite like that arrangement :colondollar:
2 weeks of A-levels!

Let's hope it's as good as the first!
Original post by Gogregg
Wow, I take both, and I have two maths lesson a day at most...

I would feel sorry for you, but, I, personally, would quite like that arrangement :colondollar:

I don't mind it right now, as maths is my favourite subject ☺️(may sound weird but it's actually the best subject). But I'm just thinking about around next year when I get tired of school. Last week Tuesday my brain was on fire after the first 2 hours 😭😲.
Original post by jamestg
Practicals are examined within your written exams! There's no booklet or ISA type thing I saw someone mention a few days ago. Approx 15% of the marks will be practical based questions within each paper.

That's what I said a few posts back.
Original post by txmidayoxo
I think our year is like an experiment for the government and exam boards. It's actually not fair, all the bad things education-wise hit us the hardest.
Even my school is trying to ruin my life. My timetable is ridiculous: quadruple maths on a Tuesday 😓😓😔.

I have triple Maths on a Friday :'(
Original post by neil20143
That's what I said a few posts back.

Okay, I tend not to back read if I don't have much time.
Hi, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but here we go.
I've just started year 12 and I am taking History, Chemistry, English Lit, and Business studies. However due to the new rules I can't drop any subjects after the first year, I have to do them all for the full two years. I want to change English lit to something else because I don't think it's for me. Do you have any suggestions? I'd prefer if it was a well respected subject and/or I could drop it after the first year.
I'm not sure what I want to do at uni yet either.
Also is doing only 3 a levels for two years bad? Does it limit the number if ucas points you can get which could stop you from getting into uni?
Is anyone else really struggling with the huge jump?

I'm taking French and Spanish and I got 2 A*s at GCSE but now I'm really struggling and I've lost all my self confidence and I keep having these thoughts of me failing my A Levels I'm panicking already and I've been at sixth form for a week
It's not the content what's worrying me it's the sheer amount of work.

I'm struggling to keep up with all the homework.
Original post by BEARichards

I'm taking French and Spanish and I got 2 A*s at GCSE but now I'm really struggling and I've lost all my self confidence and I keep having these thoughts of me failing my A Levels I'm panicking already and I've been at sixth form for a week

I'm taking French and feel exactly the same, the sheer amount of vocab to learn is daunting to say the least!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1591
Studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Biology, and very happy with GCSE results :smile: Still not sure on a uni course though...

I was actually doing French originally but dropped it after a week :P I did double languages at GCSE as well and coped fine (A*s in both), but, like you, I started panicking and swapped it for Bio which ive caught up on already. Thought it would be better to swap sooner rather than later, you get me? It's too big a jump from GCSE languages to A level imo... Biology is great, but that might be because the teacher gives us tea and cake breaks :biggrin:
Okay I'm starting to get a little annoyed with my economics teacher
We've had six lessons so far and done barely any notes, everything on a whiteboard
I've just got the text book and we have so much to cover its starting to worry me
Also my bag genuinely weighs more than my baby cousin and my bag is hurting a lot 😔😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm taking French and Spanish and I got 2A*s at GCSE too. I think there is a big jump, but the key is not to panic! Work hard, and get your teacher to explain anything you don't understand!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm taking both, same results as you too! I'm sure you'll be great, I reckon it just takes a while to settle in and get used to it :smile: If you ever want to talk about it, I'm here in both languages aha :wink::smile:
four pages of art homework to do by monday + lots of history + classics notes to write up in neat and read
the a level jump keeps getting bigger i'm scared for when i start answering actual exam questions and seeing how badly i'm going to do sighs
Original post by grovyle
four pages of art homework to do by monday + lots of history + classics notes to write up in neat and read
the a level jump keeps getting bigger i'm scared for when i start answering actual exam questions and seeing how badly i'm going to do sighs

My psychology teacher is mental 😔 4 hours of written homework and three of reading a week, plus a weekly review of notes and any spare time left from that is to be used for revising/reading ahead
She set a two hour assignment today for Monday, as well as a ton of reading! At least I have the textbook so I can get ahead, she's not giving us books 😒😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JessThomas6
My psychology teacher is mental 😔 4 hours of written homework and three of reading a week, plus a weekly review of notes and any spare time left from that is to be used for revising/reading ahead
She set a two hour assignment today for Monday, as well as a ton of reading! At least I have the textbook so I can get ahead, she's not giving us books 😒😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

ugh that sounds horrible. i have a friend doing psychology and he's swamped in work right now, good luck
I am having such an unlucky day that I found out I've been refused from 2 schools for sixth form economics :frown:
I actually wanted to swap Art for Economics as I wanted to pursue an economics degree to go into investment banking...I don't know what to do now.
I have yet to hear the reply from the last school I've sent the application to...but chances are they're full as well judging from the first two rejections
I really don't want to do art for a levels because I'm afraid the workload's gonna be too much and its going to distract from studying for my other subjects
what do I do...I really feel down right now - specially since the refusals hurt :frown::bawling:

anyone else in a similar situation?? any advice on what I should do if they refuse me again for economics?? I have no hope left...
Original post by hostertully
I am having such an unlucky day that I found out I've been refused from 2 schools for sixth form economics :frown:
I actually wanted to swap Art for Economics as I wanted to pursue an economics degree to go into investment banking...I don't know what to do now.
I have yet to hear the reply from the last school I've sent the application to...but chances are they're full as well judging from the first two rejections
I really don't want to do art for a levels because I'm afraid the workload's gonna be too much and its going to distract from studying for my other subjects
what do I do...I really feel down right now - specially since the refusals hurt :frown::bawling:

anyone else in a similar situation?? any advice on what I should do if they refuse me again for economics?? I have no hope left...

If you can't do Economics, just swap Art for another subject, perhaps History,or Business etc. Any subject that is related to Econ will give you a brilliant chance of doing a degree in it, it's better to do something easier and more enjoyable than a subject that takes up all your time.

Latest