The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've totally forgotten how to write essays. RIP to a good grade in RE.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone taking History (AQA) Geography (AQA) Psychology (AQA) and Biology (OCR)?? :smile:
Original post by Zara0526
Is anyone taking History (AQA) Geography (AQA) Psychology (AQA) and Biology (OCR)?? :smile:

Psych and bio are the same! I think im edexcel for geog but not sure :smile:
So for everyone doing the new courses under the new spec- does this mean past papers are useless for us?? HALP
How is everyone finding college/sixth form?!
Original post by Black Rose

tiring :s-smilie: WBU?
Original post by ImagineCats
So for everyone doing the new courses under the new spec- does this mean past papers are useless for us?? HALP

I wouldnt say that they're now useless as they'd be good for practising, especially content. However, the format would have changed so you'd need to be aware of this and ask your teacher for questions in the corrct format to practise with closer to the exams (there should be a new specification out) :smile:
Original post by Black Rose

A lot of fun, but a lot of work :s How about you?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
A lot of fun, but a lot of work :s How about you?:smile:Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by CoolCavy
tiring :s-smilie: WBU?

In one word, work! Lots of work, which I'm not used to tbh :lol:
whoo! written 1000 words of history essay number 2 and finished number 1 :biggrin:

i might treat myself to some new stationery :ahee:
@Carnationlilyrose i finally spelt i right :biggrin:

Stationery :mmm:
Original post by Gingerbread101
Stationery :mmm:

yeah i'm gonna buy these cos i have wanted them since yr5:

gah they are so beautiful :drool:

#stationerygoals
I love staedtler, have the full pack of 20 fineliners and felt tips on my desk every lesson :love: :lol:

Spoiler

#stationerygoals
I love staedtler, have the full pack of 20 fineliners and felt tips on my desk every lesson :love: :lol:

Spoiler

yes! if i get them it will have only taken 7 years to get round to doing it :lol:
*sniff* lucky :frown:
omg yes! that is unacceptable behaviour! :eek:

i can't stop staring longingly at the pictures i posted :moon:
Reply 1793
could someone please tell me which maths and further math modules are worth studying for engineering/physics at uni, I know mechanics would be preferable but wouldn't stats or decision math make you seem like a well-rounded mathematician for top unis??? please reply as I can still change my modules.
yes! if i get them it will have only taken 7 years to get round to doing it :lol:
*sniff* lucky :frown:
omg yes! that is unacceptable behaviour! :eek:

i can't stop staring longingly at the pictures i posted :moon:

more like #stationerydreams then :moon: :rofl:

They are lush, my work is so colourful now as all of my teachers know about my stationery obsession and there's not the whole thing about 'your work must be done in black or blue biro or else' :tongue: Most of my pages have more colour than biro :colondollar:

You should definitely treat yourself to them :awesome: I follow loads of filofaxing pages on instagram, they're honestly the most beautiful things in the world :love:
Original post by Al_YG
could someone please tell me which maths and further math modules are worth studying for engineering/physics at uni, I know mechanics would be preferable but wouldn't stats or decision math make you seem like a well-rounded mathematician for top unis??? please reply as I can still change my modules.

I did maths at AS but have friends who did FM so have a sort of well rounded knowledge of the modules. Mechanics is a must, and core and FP will help too I think, then something like stats or decision would top it off nicely :smile:

THEY ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PENS EVER MADE IN THE WORLD THEY EQUAL ORGANISATION

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Al_YG

If you're doing Maths and Further Maths, then obviously you're going to be doing 12 modules - at least 6 of which will be C1-4, FP1-2.

That does then leave you with lots of opportunities to do what modules you want to do... For example, if you're doing physics/engineering then I wouldn't personally bother about decision - So, you could then do M1-3 and S1-3... If you want to do FP3 as well, then I'd suggest doing M1-3 and S1-2. To be honest, it's about finding what you're good at... If you find M hard, then I would recommend just doing up to M3 and S3... It'd be easier to get two top grades doing that, rather than doing M1-5 and S1, just so you're doing all the mechanics...

It's worth seeing how you find the modules this year, and then make a decision a bit later...

Don't forget though, that you could do more modules (depending on timetabling) than you need... I know some people who did all 5 mechanics modules, but they just didn't count towards his grades...

What modules are you specifically down for atm??

(Sorry for the wall of text!)
Original post by ImagineCats

You may find that some of the specification overlaps on the new courses... it's worth checking that, as you may be able to use questions from the older past papers to practice the knowledge...

Other than that, ask your teacher if they've got a spare sample paper from the exam board you could take a look at - although they may be retaining these for mocks and such!
x

x

Those pens/pencils! I used to use the pencils in school and everyone loved to borrow them from me.. :giggle:

Latest