The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrMackyTv
Yeah, I'm not gonna sleep well tonight. I am absolutley dreadig tomorrow. My plan is to wake up early before mom leaves for work then get ready and leave around 10:15 for school at 11:00. Ugh, why couldn't I start on Wednesday, first day just had to be a monday. :frown:

Does your school always start at 11:00?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Does your school always start at 11:00?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it does.
Original post by bellchez
Hiiiiiiiiii I'm also starting year 10 on wednesday:smile:
Im taking core science englit and lang, maths, french, computing,geog, history, french!
I don't know how to describe myself I just fail at everything but I like zumba and volunteering in a charity shop!!

:banana:Welcome to the club!:banana:

From what it looks like it seems you are outgoing and nice in general. However, what is bothering me is I didn't know that French and French are two different GCSE's! Lol, look back at your post you put french twice xD. Anyways, hope you enjoy it here :biggrin:
Anyone else back yet? Hope everyone had a good day :smile:
Original post by Lemur14

I was back on Thursday. I've already got two H/W set for this week. By they way, I'm finding English very stressful as all of my lessons are double lessons and I hate the seating plan Ms made. I'm currently dreading about tomorrow morning as I have double computing. I really hate that class:

1. They still fail to separate the IT students from the Computing class and instead we have ONE teacher for both IT and Computing students.

2. As I've got more or less the same class as last year, I have students who aren't very supportive and are a pain to work with. The minority however are great to work with.
Original post by Lemur14

Yes! Today was better than I expected it to be, my timetable isn't too bad, there are a lot of doubles. A lot of new teachers are in the school, I still got my same french teacher and geography teacher. However my new shoes are a pain to wear and now my feet are aching :frown:

I agree with everyones first days. Don't expect the school not to talk about their expectations. My form tutor went on and on from 11:00-12:40. We had double english after which was nice, my new teacher told us a bit about the GCSE's and the fact that some of it is now shakesperean it is going to be harder. She told us we are gonna have to learn it front and back, honestly I can't wait. She even called us the guinea pig year, which is exactly what I said on another forum about our year being an experiment for the government. Anyways, I got 3 bad teachers that I was begging not to get:

My IT teacher who is crazy and very shouty, she was once dancing on the pole outside the IT block while waiting for stusents to come. Maths teacher that I had in year 8 couldn't control the class and now I have her... again. Religious Studies teacher moaned at me in the corridor for having a lanyard around my neck, she said "only teachers wear that", so arrogant and rude... rant over.

I'm going to try my best to enjoy this year, I only got a year and a half left so I'm gonna make the most of it :biggrin:
I just came back home from school and I guess it was good day to start off this school year... The first lesson I had was Maths and we did linear equations(easy) and then in English the teacher talked about the new English GCSE. But after school I had a Triple Science intervention which is compulsory.. it is every Monday after school but I don't mind since I like Science. So yeah, I had quite a good day and I'm looking forward to this school year:smile:

Sorry for the long post:tongue:
Original post by IftekharAhad
I just came back home from school and I guess it was good day to start off this school year... The first lesson I had was Maths and we did linear equations(easy) and then in English the teacher talked about the new English GCSE. But after school I had a Triple Science intervention which is compulsory.. it is every Monday after school but I don't mind since I like Science. So yeah, I had quite a good day and I'm looking forward to this school year:smile:

Great! I'm looking forward to this year too! Seems like a more productive year to me.

Ha, you want to see long? Look at my post.
Yes! Today was better than I expected it to be, my timetable isn't too bad, there are a lot of doubles. A lot of new teachers are in the school, I still got my same french teacher and geography teacher. However my new shoes are a pain to wear and now my feet are aching :frown:

I agree with everyones first days. Don't expect the school not to talk about their expectations. My form tutor went on and on from 11:00-12:40. We had double english after which was nice, my new teacher told us a bit about the GCSE's and the fact that some of it is now shakesperean it is going to be harder. She told us we are gonna have to learn it front and back, honestly I can't wait. She even called us the guinea pig year, which is exactly what I said on another forum about our year being an experiment for the government. Anyways, I got 3 bad teachers that I was begging not to get:

My IT teacher who is crazy and very shouty, she was once dancing on the pole outside the IT block while waiting for stusents to come. Maths teacher that I had in year 8 couldn't control the class and now I have her... again. Religious Studies teacher moaned at me in the corridor for having a lanyard around my neck, she said "only teachers wear that", so arrogant and rude... rant over.

I'm going to try my best to enjoy this year, I only got a year and a half left so I'm gonna make the most of it :biggrin:

I just everyone is getting stressed again as we return to school. - I'm currently having a huge headache over English, my English teacher has very big expectation on my class and I guess it the fact I'm in Set 1. Honestly, I wish I had my English teacher from last year who has sadly left my school. She wouldn't be giving me too much stress but will still equally teach me well.

Sorry to hear that your feet are aching and that you've got horrible teachers. I don't understand why your IT teacher says students are banned from wearing lanyard as my school doesn't have an issue with that.

Good to hear that you're having a great day. I had an alright day but I'm feeling stressed about English. I'm glad to hear that intervention at your school is compulsory as in my school it isn't.

Your post wasn't long, @MrMackyTv's post was longer than yours. :P
Original post by JTran38
I was back on Thursday. I've already got two H/W set for this week. By they way, I'm finding English very stressful as all of my lessons are double lessons and I hate the seating plan Ms made. I'm currently dreading about tomorrow morning as I have double computing. I really hate that class:
1. They still fail to separate the IT students from the Computing class and instead we have ONE teacher for both IT and Computing students.
2. As I've got more or less the same class as last year, I have students who aren't very supportive and are a pain to work with. The minority however are great to work with.

I was back on Thursday as well :frown: We have no double English lessons- the only doubles are for options and there's one for science. We have computing as an option subject and IT as compulsory so we don't have that problem as they aren't timetabled at the same time. I can see how that would be frustrating. We also have similar/ the same classes as last year for our option subjects plus science/IT/RS mostly because that way we can keep with the same teachers as we started our courses last year.
Yes! Today was better than I expected it to be, my timetable isn't too bad, there are a lot of doubles. A lot of new teachers are in the school, I still got my same french teacher and geography teacher. However my new shoes are a pain to wear and now my feet are aching
I agree with everyone's first days. Don't expect the school not to talk about their expectations. My form tutor went on and on from 11:00-12:40. We had double english after which was nice, my new teacher told us a bit about the GCSE's and the fact that some of it is now Shakespearean it is going to be harder. She told us we are gonna have to learn it front and back, honestly I can't wait. She even called us the guinea pig year, which is exactly what I said on another forum about our year being an experiment for the government. Anyways, I got 3 bad teachers that I was begging not to get:
My IT teacher who is crazy and very shouty, she was once dancing on the pole outside the IT block while waiting for students to come. Maths teacher that I had in year 8 couldn't control the class and now I have her... again. Religious Studies teacher moaned at me in the corridor for having a lanyard around my neck, she said "only teachers wear that", so arrogant and rude... rant over.I'm going to try my best to enjoy this year, I only got a year and a half left so I'm gonna make the most of it

Glad you had a good day :smile: We seem to have loads of doubles as well but we get at least 2 doubles per option subject and we have 4 options so that's expected. I've never had double English but I guess your classes must be longer than ours if you can fit that in your timetable. My feet were killing me all weekend and that was just after 2 days of new shoes :frown:
We have a teacher who can't control our class (biology) but the thing is we're not even a bad class so I dread to think what it's like in a bad class. We've done 2 hours with her and so far we've changed topic 3 times and wrote 3 sentences. We're still not on the topic we're meant to be on right now so basically we have 3 years worth of work to learn in 2 years (we had supply most of last year) with a teacher who can't teach us :frown: It probably doesn't help that she doesn't speak all that much English and no one can understand what she does say with her strong accent.
We're all supposed to have lanyards around out neck with ID cards so we can get in the building but only the teachers actually do it, everyone else just keeps it in their bags but that doesn't really help you with your RS teacher sorry.

Oops that post was longer than I thought it was, sorry.
Great! I'm looking forward to this year too! Seems like a more productive year to me.

Ha, you want to see long? Look at my post.

Hahaha lool
I was back on Thursday as well :frown: We have no double English lessons- the only doubles are for options and there's one for science. We have computing as an option subject and IT as compulsory so we don't have that problem as they aren't timetabled at the same time. I can see how that would be frustrating. We also have similar/ the same classes as last year for our option subjects plus science/IT/RS mostly because that way we can keep with the same teachers as we started our courses last year.

My day was alright but not great as I'm already feeling the stress. - Got two H/W set this week so far. What I mean about my class for computing is that I have the IT students in my class and that there's only one teacher among us all so it's really annoying having to wait for her to deal with the IT students before dealing with us, the computing students. - Stupid school ...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JTran38
Good to hear that you're having a great day. I had an alright day but I'm feeling stressed about English. I'm glad to hear that intervention at your school is compulsory as in my school it isn't.

Your post wasn't long, @MrMackyTv's post was longer than yours. :P

Yeah, I'm trying to do my best this year.. hopefully it's a successful year for me.
And also, I think interventions would help me massively in Triple Science since it is really hard
Yeah, I'm trying to do my best this year.. hopefully it's a successful year for me.
And also, I think interventions would help me massively in Triple Science since it is really hard

I want to do my best this year and that remains as my priority. I'll work my socks off to make it happen - A successful year to remember. In terms of interventions, I'll try to my school to change their thoughts on making it compulsory as it'll benefit us - Not harm us in any sort of way and the other excuses people tend to make.
Original post by JTran38
I just everyone is getting stressed again as we return to school. - I'm currently having a huge headache over English, my English teacher has very big expectation on my class and I guess it the fact I'm in Set 1. Honestly, I wish I had my English teacher from last year who has sadly left my school. She wouldn't be giving me too much stress but will still equally teach me well.

Sorry to hear that your feet are aching and that you've got horrible teachers. I don't understand why your IT teacher says students are banned from wearing lanyard as my school doesn't have an issue with that.

Honestly, I literally have a light headache just because I'm back at school.

My feet are fine now, this always happens at the start of the year, I just need to get accustomed to it. Actually it was my RS teacher that said only teachers are allowed to wear lanyards. I don't have her till next week Monday so I'm happy... for now. I wore lanyards to school since year 8 because I kept losing my usb, but that's why I've stopped because she was moaning at me and I honestly find her very irritating and very naggy.
Honestly, I literally have a light headache just because I'm back at school.

My feet are fine now, this always happens at the start of the year, I just need to get accustomed to it. Actually it was my RS teacher that said only teachers are allowed to wear lanyards. I don't have her till next week Monday so I'm happy... for now. I wore lanyards to school since year 8 because I kept losing my usb, but that's why I've stopped because she was moaning at me and I honestly find her very irritating and very naggy.

Ok. Typical of your RS teacher to make silly remarks about students wearing a lanyard, I don't see anything wrong with that. I know what you mean about losing your stuff ... especially USB
Original post by Lemur14
Glad you had a good day :smile: We seem to have loads of doubles as well but we get at least 2 doubles per option subject and we have 4 options so that's expected. I've never had double English but I guess your classes must be longer than ours if you can fit that in your timetable. My feet were killing me all weekend and that was just after 2 days of new shoes :frown:
We have a teacher who can't control our class (biology) but the thing is we're not even a bad class so I dread to think what it's like in a bad class. We've done 2 hours with her and so far we've changed topic 3 times and wrote 3 sentences. We're still not on the topic we're meant to be on right now so basically we have 3 years worth of work to learn in 2 years (we had supply most of last year) with a teacher who can't teach us :frown: It probably doesn't help that she doesn't speak all that much English and no one can understand what she does say with her strong accent.
We're all supposed to have lanyards around out neck with ID cards so we can get in the building but only the teachers actually do it, everyone else just keeps it in their bags but that doesn't really help you with your RS teacher sorry.

Oops that post was longer than I thought it was, sorry.

Well I just looked at my timetable. I think Friday and Tuesday is going to be my bad days. Tomorrow I have double english to start with, yes I know I just had double english today -.- Then I have Maths with that horrid year 8 teacher. Then some new History teacher that I don't even know do good luck to him. Then double IT with the crazy lady. Looking forward to it...

Lucky you get to actually wear lanyards, every time I see her I honestly want to hate her more, first, I want to see how she is going to be next week Monday period 2...
Original post by JTran38
Ok. Typical of your RS teacher to make silly remarks about students wearing a lanyard, I don't see anything wrong with that. I know what you mean about losing your stuff ... especially USB

She isn't really liked that much, she is one of those teachers that have their nose higher than their heads and tails up their bum, basicially very arrogant and I just don't like those teachers. Anyways hopefully if she teaches well and gets my grades up I might, just might change my views about her.
Also, the school tells us to read everyday for 20 mins.. I can hardly even finish a book:redface:

Latest