The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dr needle
Lucky! Must be much more interesting than medicine through time. We did Germany 1919-45 in year 9.

Loool much more interesting but not as much as WW1/2 and Germany etc
Just saw everyone talking about Macbeth for a moment. I am on the AQA exam board for English and I am doing Macbeth and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde for literature and Inspector calls for Language course.

Macbeth isn't very interesting, but it isn't too complicated either because when writing essays I found that with some questions I got I could link it between different scenes to form a complex analysis. My teacher said I have great notes so if anyone wants my notes, I have a little scanner at home and I could send one as a picture/attachment if anyone needs it :smile: What also helps is watching different adaptations of Macbeth to show understanding from more than one perspective, which gives you a high level :biggrin:
Lucky! Must be much more interesting than medicine through time. We did Germany 1919-45 in year 9.

I'm also doing the aqa exam board, medicine through time and Germany
Original post by MrMackyTv
Just saw everyone talking about Macbeth for a moment. I am on the AQA exam board for English and I am doing Macbeth and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde for literature and Inspector calls for Language course.

Macbeth isn't very interesting, but it isn't too complicated either because when writing essays I found that with some questions I got I could link it between different scenes to form a complex analysis. My teacher said I have great notes so if anyone wants my notes, I have a little scanner at home and I could send one as a picture/attachment if anyone needs it :smile: What also helps is watching different adaptations of Macbeth to show understanding from more than one perspective, which gives you a high level :biggrin:

I did Macbeth in Year 9! I found it quite interesting, although pretty hard to understand at times. One thing that definitely helped was watching film adaptations of it (particularly the BBC retold version starting James McAvoy :biggrin: )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there anyone else doing Jekyll and Hyde for English GCSE
Original post by maninblack00

Not at the moment but I think I will after Christmas.

@MrMackyTv is from what I last remember.
Not at the moment but I think I will after Christmas.

OMG there's so much to annotate it's hell :/
OMG there's so much to annotate it's hell :/

Same with Macbeth... are you on the AQA exam board.
Same with Macbeth... are you on the AQA exam board.

Nope were on Edexcel
Nope were on Edexcel

Edexcel for English? That's a first, I usually hear people say AQA and rarely OCR but Edexcel? Well if it's the same book on the syllabus, most likely it's going to be similar content...
Reply 1191
Sorry but starbucks is a winner for me, no quesion to it. Me and you are gonna fall out you know because of this xD.

what's the default milk for frappucinos? whole milk or semi-skimmed?
Anyone else doing AQA Level 2 HPQ?
What is that???

Yes, we started it jest before half term, and are working on it a bit until christmas(the thought keeps me alive!!). We are going to do it properly in year 11, though
Original post by hannah2001
I'm also doing the aqa exam board, medicine through time and Germany

I am really sorry, but I'm doing the OCR course. I'm sure they're pretty similar, though
Yes, we started it jest before half term, and are working on it a bit until christmas (the thought keeps me alive!!). We are going to do it properly in year 11, though

How is it so far? And how is your teacher teaching it to you?
Hello all,

I posted on this forum about a week ago with my introduction to the page. Since then, I have had developments which has led me to the present. At the moment, I have to choose between doing my AS Maths in Year 10 and A2 in Year 11 and doing GCSE Astronomy. These are both extension qualifications that I am doing by myself. However, I don't think I should do both as the work load for my A-Levels will be ridiculous in comparison to GCSE and to make sure that I get over 90% UMS average and an A* in the A-Level, I think I need to drop Astronomy. However, I really enjoy Astronomy and am about two-fifths of the way through the course. Should I do the GCSE Astronomy in Year 12 when I have spare time as a result of accelerating my A-Level process?

All opinions and feedback are welcomed.
Thanks.
How is it so far? And how is your teacher teaching it to you?

Well, I think it's pretty cool. The words are a little difficult, though. I would read through it once (you can get it for free online, if you do not have a paper copy yet) and write out any words you do not understand with their page numbers. My teacher has been going through what the time period was like, and Stevenson's circumstances and character, to put it into context. Another good idea, perhaps on the second read, would be to write out quotes that are interesting, and when interesting themes have been presented.

Latest