The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by hafsa473
Oh wow wouldn't that be a few hours at least?! And thank you for your help aha what was the context like? Is it just maximizing intensity in the shortest time?

Also thats a really good school! Best of luck and I hope you do well, let me know how you found it :smile:

yeahh we spent the whole day doing it :tongue: it wasnt too bad
my memorys not too good but its just like the more work you do per second tires you out quicker and for the analysing sources the answer for whether it relates to your experiment is yes,yes,no for the 3 sources :tongue:
the exams went okay i guess haha i really dont know how i did but ill know next week :s-smilie:
Have anyone got the 2015 summer papers for aqa biology chemistry physics unit 2 can anyone please send me a link if you do plz
Original post by asphyxiax
yeahh we spent the whole day doing it :tongue: it wasnt too bad
my memorys not too good but its just like the more work you do per second tires you out quicker and for the analysing sources the answer for whether it relates to your experiment is yes,yes,no for the 3 sources :tongue:
the exams went okay i guess haha i really dont know how i did but ill know next week :s-smilie:

Thanks for that help :smile: Also, do you remember what the surprise question was in Paper 2?
That's good let's just hope you've done well! What school are you currently in?
Original post by zeldor711
Hi I'm new on this thread 😃. Anyone else faced with the horrifying prospects of having to do both chemistry and physics isas this week? 😭

Just got told that no one in our class (top set) got higher than 16 in chemistry paper 1.

I've not done the physics one yet but I did chemistry before the half term holidays, and I got a B :/ I'm hoping to retake that...Tell me how it goes or if you need help and I'll try to remember what I can haha
Original post by GCSEstudentt
I have a mock english, french and physics exam tomorrow ahh i'm so scared. I did an RS mock yesterday though and I got an A :P

Good luck:smile:
Original post by skhan99
soo far my English ca is done!history assessment gone!2 weeks left of science cas,and just the mocks to face....

how did your history and English go? and are you ready for the mocks
English controlled assessment tomorrow :OOO
Original post by ScienceFantatic

good luck, whats it about?
Original post by crosbycasey56
good luck, whats it about?

Thank you! Do you have any CA to complete? It's "compare how shakespeare presents 'Hamlet' and 'Macbeth' to be tragic heroes
how did your history and English go? and are you ready for the mocks

oh they went well thank you!with English it was an inspector calls,confusing and challenging at first but once you got the hang of it it was not bad,and for history it was ok,just the odd info I was stuck on,getting results tomorrow so hopefully an A this time!as for mocks,yes im slowly preparing now.my planner board is full,but I have done most notes in advance so im ok!how are you?and hows all your lessons etc going?:biggrin:
Original post by skhan99
oh they went well thank you!with English it was an inspector calls,confusing and challenging at first but once you got the hang of it it was not bad,and for history it was ok,just the odd info I was stuck on,getting results tomorrow so hopefully an A this time!as for mocks,yes im slowly preparing now.my planner board is full,but I have done most notes in advance so im ok!how are you?and hows all your lessons etc going?:biggrin:

thats good and i am under pressure about finishing my biology coursework, just currently doing my creative writing, thanks for asking
Original post by ScienceFantatic

Same :O good luck
thats good and i am under pressure about finishing my biology coursework, just currently doing my creative writing, thanks for asking

its ok xx same!doing creative writing too,and in two weeks science coursework is outta my mind!!!
Original post by Mr...
Good luck :h:.
We had a similar question to that but it was changed to stuff about the disturbed mind. If you haven't thought about it already I would mention how Shakespeare illustrates the Aristotelian concept of hamartia.:yep:

Haha thank you the the hamartia is like the basis for my essay:tongue:- we were also taught about anaganorisis, perepetia and all those things- But I'm only talking about high status and hamartia in mine and everyone looks at me like I'm crazy because most people are doing 4 or 5.

When are you doing your CA?
Original post by hafsa473
Same :O good luck

Thanks! Which exam board?
Original post by skhan99
yes they are going good thank you.That business exemplar you gave me was fantastic,english is finished, and just the sciences left yet I do think biology is a bit hard.Overalll,its ok!

That's great to hear :smile: Im not doing so well sadly :frown: All my target grades in EVERY subject have dropped and I am only getting C's and 1 or 2 D grades at the minute!
So annoyed I feel that I am putting in the effort too! Some teachers agreed with me, I had parents evening the other day (Not Good) I feel the teaching is bad tho, as missed parts of course last yr due to changing sets etc..

I have had NO physics, which is extermely concerning and worrying for me as I have GCSE exams on this! Did I mention I am at school till 5pm every day!

I cant help but feel that some teachers have a grudge on me, and dont like me! :frown:

At the minute in the current shambles, I am consiering resistting year 11 after getting my GCSE results. I am aiming for these A and B grades, don't really want C grades! Fingers crossed!

Any revision tips please?? Thanks.

Business studies wise, had a test recently and got a strong C grade, annoyed as was only 2 marks off of a B :frown: Urghh!

Coursework wise, I have 1hr left of geography (part 1) finished my 1st English CA (10%) and working on 2 computing CA's (App Inventor and Python Speed Program). Will be starting my business next week! I hope I do well.

To add pressure, we have a week of mocks in December :frown:

HELP ME!
Original post by Mr...
Well good luck :tongue:

I start writing on Monday.

Cheers! Ours stretches till Friday of next week- are you prepared? I'm memorising my draft and I keep using simple synonyms to what i putdown in my draft which is annoying so I've highlighted them so I don't forget :colondollar:
Original post by Mr...
We have 4 50min lessons to do it :yep:
I think I am very prepared, I've done some drafts of the intro, outro and first paragraph and refined them but my teacher says she isn't allowed to mark them so I don't know if they got progressively worse :tongue:

Yeah she's not- but another class's teacher gave "verbal feedback" lol. We're the first to do it which is slightly annoying! You get 40 minutes less than us :tongue:. Are you on AQA? You're supposed to get 4 hours lol- I wouldn't finish with your time.
Guys I have a geography mock tomorrow and soft/hard engineering will be on there and I can't remember them :frown: any tips?
My mocks commence on the 30th of September 😳😭🎉😃

Latest