The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Real_jenn
Great!!
if you are doing the SCI-FI genre how are you going to revise for it?

:smile:

A few techniques you can mention when talking about sci-fi:

Augmented Reality
Subversive Representation
CGI
Hyperreality
3D Tech
Hegemony

I'd use these ideas and explain them extremely well, I think I'm doing WJC Media Studies tho. Talk about augmented/hyper reality the most since thats the essence of Sci-Fi and i'd really look into computer generated imagery because that creates the augmented/hyper reality. The backbone of Sci-Fi imo.
does anybody do GCSE media studies AQA ?

Me! But I don't do the single award I did it in Year 9. I think this year its sci-fi. Im doing the double award this year though.
Anybody have some English Language tips on how to do section B and tackling that 24 mark question?
i havent started revision at all yet but i do want to do well but my negative mindset is a barrier in me achieving good grades. is it too late to do well and start also how much revision would you recommend. also any tips on dealing with stress. the thought of gcses makes my heart heart. any help would be appreciated
Great!!
if you are doing the SCI-FI genre how are you going to revise for it?

:smile:

i take it too, im really not sure how to revise its so hard. if you did mocks on it what did you get?
Original post by Ying-Yang
Anybody have some English Language tips on how to do section B and tackling that 24 mark question?

Basically, analyse the text chronologically, best and easiest way to do it.
im going to do 15 hours of revsion tomrow! im so motivated right now!
Original post by unknown6657

I wasn't even awake for 15 hours today lmao
Original post by unknown6657

Wow... How will you stay motivated for so long!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How? ? Teach me your ways

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyones talking about 6-10 hours of revision and here I am barely doing 2-3 hours a day :P
Does anyone know a good website to revise edexcel history?
Original post by goldenusername

this wont really answer your question but- are you taking history a or b? also, which units?
im doing history b, units 1a (crime and punishment), 2 (Germany) and 3( protest, law and order)
from what I know/ found, there aren't many revision resources for my spec, especially units 1 and 3.
I'm making extensive notes on unit 1 now, before condensing them- if youre interested to see them, let me know. :smile:
Original post by goldenusername

I've just been using the textbooks with the spec but if you hear of any good websites let me know
I'm on history A btw
Original post by tangledinthemist
this wont really answer your question but- are you taking history a or b? also, which units?
im doing history b, units 1a (crime and punishment), 2 (Germany) and 3( protest, law and order)
from what I know/ found, there aren't many revision resources for my spec, especially units 1 and 3.
I'm making extensive notes on unit 1 now, before condensing them- if youre interested to see them, let me know. :smile:

Hiya, Just noticed I'm taking the exact same course as you. I'm making notes on Germany at the moment. Crime and Punishment is my weakest area, I need to stop putting it off :frown:, there's just so much to cover. How's it going for you?
Original post by _Hafsa
Hiya, Just noticed I'm taking the exact same course as you. I'm making notes on Germany at the moment. Crime and Punishment is my weakest area, I need to stop putting it off :frown:, there's just so much to cover. How's it going for you?

HI! I don't know many people taking those units- lets unite! lol.
i hate c+p too, i think the main thing is the sheer length of time covered and trying to remember all the change/ continuity.
Germany is okay, although i still haven't started actually revising it (its pretty short). Crime andpunishment is THE WORST! Thats why im starting it now whilst i still havemotivation. have you finished the C.As?
Feel free to pm me- we can moan over it together lol.
Has anyone done really well in spanish CA?
Original post by tangledinthemist
HI! I don't know many people taking those units- lets unite! lol.
i hate c+p too, i think the main thing is the sheer length of time covered and trying to remember all the change/ continuity.
Germany is okay, although i still haven't started actually revising it (its pretty short). Crime andpunishment is THE WORST! Thats why im starting it now whilst i still havemotivation. have you finished the C.As?
Feel free to pm me- we can moan over it together lol.

They'll find us and we'll form History B army together aha. :biggrin:
Trust me, Crime and Punishment will be the death of me, I need to sort that out now, yes its remembering the change and continuity and which crime occurred in which time period, its so easy to get it all muddled up.
The C.As? meaning the controlled assessments, yes I finished them, the American civil rights movement right?, I got an A.
I just feel like C&P will hold me back from getting an overall A.
But sure we can carry on this History moan in Pm :tongue:
Original post by Do it Right

hey, i've done pretty well (all As and A*s with full marks in 2) do you need help?
Original post by Do it Right

I do AQA and I got 3A*s and an A

Latest