The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
OMG !! That is crazy !! I haven't had my induction day yet but it's on Friday. Do all schools do that - give stuff to do over the summer ?
Are you definitely going to that sixth form or is it a conditional offer?

I missed my induction day so I have to go in on Monday to collect my homework etc :colonhash:
Not sure if all schools do it but so far I've been given a 40 page maths workbook and have to write a report on how the model of the atom has changed from the Ancient Greeks to now :redface: Probably got Biology work as well :/
Good luck for Friday :h:
Original post by surina16
I missed my induction day so I have to go in on Monday to collect my homework etc :colonhash:
Not sure if all schools do it but so far I've been given a 40 page maths workbook and have to write a report on how the model of the atom has changed from the Ancient Greeks to now :redface: Probably got Biology work as well :/
Good luck for Friday :h:

Oh wow !! Good luck completing all of that. Thank you :u:
Haven't spoken in here for a while! Hello guys
Hello, it's been ages!! :eek3:

How are you all?
Original post by Mr...
:hi:

I've been great, summer is going as good as it can go and I haven't thought about results day almost at all.

How've you been!

Hello! :biggrin:

What have you been doing? How long has it been since you left school now? :tongue:

I'm on work experience currently, which is going very well, I like it! Hopefully a placement for the summer but I'm not entirely sure about that :tongue:
Original post by Black Rose
Hello, it's been ages!! How are you all?

:jumphug:

I'm fine, thanks! I'm really relaxed, which is pretty weird feeling after this year. :tongue:

Original post by Mr...
x

:mmm:
hey there :smile: im in yr 11 transferring to 12, in September , basically i kinda flopped my gcses because it was a really bad year for me so i want to spend one more yr retaking gcses because id rather start fresh and do well rather then just keep patching up my education which is not what i want to do...but as you know my spec has changed can someone please thouroughly explain the changes for me, apart from the fact that your graded 1-9 what subjects have changed ? and what will the exams be like? what subjects are still the same? what subjects are offered? how does science work can i still do extension sci? thanks alot xx also will uni say why did it take me an extra yr to do gcses?
Original post by Mr...
Hey!:ahee:
How's your summer been?

I've done a summer school, work experience and job hunting. Other than that it's been days out or relaxing at home :yep:

I think it has been 3/4 weeks now, I'm not sure :ninja:

What is the work experience for?

Pretty good, thanks! It's been very chilled. :ahee:

We've basically had an entire summer holiday already. :tongue:

I'm free for a bit and then I'm busy again so I'm trying to tackle holiday homework atm. :tongue:
i have just doing my gcses and whilst doing them something unexpected happened that made me unfocused, i know everything happens in everyones life but this obviously had an impact for me with that being said i know i have not done well as i want or could have so there fore now im panicking because im not sure what to do, i have applied for a levels at filton sgs college in bristol at first i applied for subject that were to do with law but i have changed my mind and want to do sciences to go in health career sector, so i want to do core gcse science,english language, gcse additional science, and gcse maths but would i be able to do at least one a level ,i want to do these again to get A-A* or least B but would i be able to do at least 3 gcses again and one a level, i have tried googling but please help me anyone

:s-smilie:
Will a Year 12 thread be made any time soon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dianadee10
i have just doing my gcses and whilst doing them something unexpected happened that made me unfocused, i know everything happens in everyones life but this obviously had an impact for me with that being said i know i have not done well as i want or could have so there fore now im panicking because im not sure what to do, i have applied for a levels at filton sgs college in bristol at first i applied for subject that were to do with law but i have changed my mind and want to do sciences to go in health career sector, so i want to do core gcse science,english language, gcse additional science, and gcse maths but would i be able to do at least one a level ,i want to do these again to get A-A* or least B but would i be able to do at least 3 gcses again and one a level, i have tried googling but please help me anyone

:s-smilie:

I'd suggest making your own thread, I can't help personally. However, there is a huge support network on TSR so just make a thread so people can have easily see what you need help with.
Original post by extraordinaire
Will a Year 12 thread be made any time soon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep, on results day or the day after.
Original post by Mr...
I know, I don't know how I'm feeling about school or results day yet :colonhash:

Saaaame. I still have some homework left. :tongue: How's French homework? It seems like life is going a bit tooo quickly. :moon:

I got my Add Maths results today. (:
If you haven't noticed already, a new thread for the next academic year has been made here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4262342

Best of luck for your results on Thursday and good luck with whatever you go onto do next. :h:

Latest