The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
Why not?
Dunno summary different to medicine and its v. Competitive - plus cousins doing it don't wanna follow her footsteps like I'm copying lol

So? My dad studied medicine and my sister is about to start in a week. Dentistry isn't broad enough for me, I would hate to be looking around in people's teeth- so boring lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone thinking of doing a physics degree?
Ha I know wat u mean lol everyone in my family wants to be there own individual...
Good luck everyone! I finished my GCSEs this summer so if you have a question, feel free to message me! :u:

PS: I took exams in English Lit+Lang, Maths, triple science, geography, spanish, media studies and ict so I know the most a out these subjects!
Original post by abbeyjayne
Good luck everyone! I finished my GCSEs this summer so if you have a question, feel free to message me! :u:

PS: I took exams in English Lit+Lang, Maths, triple science, geography, spanish, media studies and ict so I know the most a out these subjects!

Thanks- I might need help in English :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arfaa
I have my mocks on the first week of November so when do you guys think i should start revising??

I started revising for my mocks about a fortnight before. For the real exams, definitely spend 2-3 months revising though even though you end up hating it so so much by the time the exams come around.
Oh just to add by the way AS levels really are a step up and thats based upon one week of being at sixth form! :ahee:
Reply 987
Original post by Mr...
We only have them on Fridays:yep:
It was cool, I've gotten a lot of work to do and mocks etc.:redface:

About a week before each exam. Maybe start right before half term.

Thank you
Reply 988
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
Anyone in here hoping to go into medicine?

Meee
Original post by Mr...
Who else is watching AIC on BBC One?:ahee:

Me!
I've been busy with my first week back at school and haven't posted on this thread for a while... But I've been lurking :creep:
Anywho... The week was quite boring filled with "admin stuff" which included filling out forms, labelling our exercise books and many other monotonous tasks. But wait, that's only a fraction of the fun we've had - our teachers have each enlightened us with their expectations of us throughout the year and explained to us the importance of putting our heads down and working hard. Bear in mind, none of these teachers has ever taught me, bar one. Although, I think they allhave good intentions.
Something I am looking forward to are the one-on-one career meetings we'll be having soon. Maybe I'll finally have a rough idea of what I want to study although I'll probably change my mind a couple of times. Also, I've got the yearbook committee to look forward to :smile:
I hope everybody else who has started school has been having a good time. For those who haven't: We are sworn enemies and I shall loathe you for the rest of eternity.
Original post by MythicalSprinkle
I've been busy with my first week back at school and haven't posted on this thread for a while... But I've been lurking :creep:
Anywho... The week was quite boring filled with "admin stuff" which included filling out forms, labelling our exercise books and many other monotonous tasks. But wait, that's only a fraction of the fun we've had - our teachers have each enlightened us with their expectations of us throughout the year and explained to us the importance of putting our heads down and working hard. Bear in mind, none of these teachers has ever taught me, bar one. Although, I think they allhave good intentions.
Something I am looking forward to are the one-on-one career meetings we'll be having soon. Maybe I'll finally have a rough idea of what I want to study although I'll probably change my mind a couple of times. Also, I've got the yearbook committee to look forward to :smile:
I hope everybody else who has started school has been having a good time. For those who haven't: We are sworn enemies and I shall loathe you for the rest of eternity.

The yearbook is such a good memory to have and I reccommend everyone buys it! Mine is so nice to look back on. As for careers meetings, they're not that helpful but I got out of sex ed for mine so I mean that was quite good.
The yearbook is such a good memory to have and I reccommend everyone buys it! Mine is so nice to look back on. As for careers meetings, they're not that helpful but I got out of sex ed for mine so I mean that was quite good.

My yearbook was crap, and expensive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98

Posted from TSR Mobile

Man that sucks! We got a hoodie, a prom ticket and a yearbook all in one for like £55!
Man that sucks! We got a hoodie, a prom ticket and a yearbook all in one for like £55!

We got a yearbook for £20, prom tickets were £40 or £50. Obviously I didn't bother going.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
We got a yearbook for £20, prom tickets were £40 or £50. Obviously I didn't bother going.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Man that sucks!
Original post by ScienceFantatic
We were supposed to have done them last year- but we couldn't fit in on :redface:

We haven't had any assemblies yet- so I'm guessing we do on Monday

Thank you- I'll need it like 3 years dorm the line haha XD

Good luck with law- do you have shy idea about unis you want to go to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh yeah, we did mocks at the end of last year and we will have some more soon.

How was assembly today? :biggrin:

Thank you and maybe Durham or LSE, i wanted to go Cambridge but that's me being unrealistic :lol:

What about you? :smile:
Original post by Arfaa
Meee

Soz I meant dentistry but I'm still open to Medicine 😉

I am definitely buying the yearbook :smile:
I hope my careers meeting doesn't disrupt my learning too much; Each appointment is half an hour long and that means I'll have to take notes off one of my classmates and if the topic is too difficult, I might have to book an appointment with a teacher after school.

Original post by Andy98

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh. I think that our school yearbooks are relatively cheap. Not sure about everything else. I hope everyone will like this year's yearbook!

Original post by Mr...

I amn't watching it, however today my English teacher told the class that we'll be studying the play soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 999
Original post by Mr...

Missed it. Watching it on iPlayer when I'm free

Latest