The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by francis27
😂😂😂

Sucks to have OCR as an exam board then?

I think I have that board for history, actually. Hm...

I take english lit/lang, maths, bio, chem, physics, re, history, geo and french. What about you? Any uni plans?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its actually OK tbh...once it gets to the further units I think it'll be intense.I take English lang and lit,maths,triple science ,history,business,graphics and short course ethics.well not 100% but I'm hoping to pharmacy cos I love my sciences so yeh how u find in yr11?I'm attending catch up after catch up in lunch which sucks😒 but yeh going OK until November where I'm gonna start going through the death phase then when it comes to the exams it might be too late.I might be in my grave by then or I might just make it!!!😂😂
Original post by MollieD
I've been on TSR for over a year now, but I've never posted, only read a lot :s-smilie: Thought I may as well start here :yes:

What subjects are you taking?
Maths, English Literature and Language, Additional Science (I did core last year), RE, Psychology, French and Spanish.
What are you hoping to do after finishing Year 11?
Go to Sixth Form and University eventually.
What are your hobbies and interests?
Musical Theatre, reading, singing, writing.
How do you feel about Year 11?
I'm quite scared, but honestly just feeling good about everything starting to mean something. (Even if that is also what's scaring me.)
What are you most looking forward to in Year 11?
Results day.
Favourite Subject?
Psychology or French.
Favourite Smiley?
:rolleyes:

Hi!

I completely agree with the whole "starting to mean something".

What are you thinking about studying at uni? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skhan99
Posted from TSR Mobile

Its actually OK tbh...once it gets to the further units I think it'll be intense.I take English lang and lit,maths,triple science ,history,business,graphics and short course ethics.well not 100% but I'm hoping to pharmacy cos I love my sciences so yeh how u find in yr11?I'm attending catch up after catch up in lunch which sucks😒 but yeh going OK until November where I'm gonna start going through the death phase then when it comes to the exams it might be too late.I might be in my grave by then or I might just make it!!!😂😂

Oh, okay, that's good!

The short course ethics seems very interesting. What does it involve?

That's cool - I want to do medicine - and they're somewhat interlinked.

Good. I mean, so far nothing special, except all the teachers blabbering on about how this year determines the rest of our lives and how to start making decisions on what you want to be blah blah blah. Like, I know this. Instead of repeating it over and over, can you do something useful and teach us the course content instead?!

Oh wow, that is crap. I would hate to miss lunch, especially since ours is only 30 mins long and I need my food. 😁

"Death phase". 😂😂 Same though, tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi!

I completely agree with the whole "starting to mean something".

What are you thinking about studying at uni? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(I hope I'm doing this right :P)

Hey! :smile:

I'm hoping to study Psychology, although I've been thinking about languages as well as my Spanish teacher was asking me if I was thinking about taking them for A-Level. I enjoy both a lot, so I'm not too sure at the moment but one of those.

What about you? (If you are wanting to go to University that is.) :smile:
Original post by MollieD
(I hope I'm doing this right :P)

Hey! :smile:

I'm hoping to study Psychology, although I've been thinking about languages as well as my Spanish teacher was asking me if I was thinking about taking them for A-Level. I enjoy both a lot, so I'm not too sure at the moment but one of those.

What about you? (If you are wanting to go to University that is.) :smile:

(You're totally doing it right)

Psychology? That's interesting. So do you like to analyse hand gestures and facial expressions and figure out peoples' personality without knowing them? Or is that just a stereotype? 😂😂 Or is that just me?

I wanna study medicine. I want to say I will study it, but 60% of applicants don't even get an offer. I guess the stereotype that comes with being a medic is that you are overly arrogant. I'm arrogant, sure, but not overly so. I hope.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, okay, that's good!

The short course ethics seems very interesting. What does it involve?

That's cool - I want to do medicine - and they're somewhat interlinked.

Good. I mean, so far nothing special, except all the teachers blabbering on about how this year determines the rest of our lives and how to start making decisions on what you want to be blah blah blah. Like, I know this. Instead of repeating it over and over, can you do something useful and teach us the course content instead?!

Oh wow, that is crap. I would hate to miss lunch, especially since ours is only 30 mins long and I need my food. 😁

"Death phase". 😂😂 Same though, tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well short course ethics involves different religions and stuff like war thats just and wat religions say etc its issues linked to religions too but yeh its good!
Ha I know I hate missing lunch but its horrible...u just wanna get it over and done with...got one on Monday with my worst and weirdest teacher!and yeh I hate missing lunch..food is my life but the worst thing is when u eat during catch up one bite of a sandwich wastes five mins of writing time😁 but yeh its unpleasant and we have assembly every Monday and its the same lecture every week oh ur yr11 and its all about u....or I was talking to a student and they Sed that its important ands blah blah but hey we all were expecting it and God its not stopping!
(You're totally doing it right)

Psychology? That's interesting. So do you like to analyse hand gestures and facial expressions and figure out peoples' personality without knowing them? Or is that just a stereotype? 😂😂 Or is that just me?

I wanna study medicine. I want to say I will study it, but 60% of applicants don't even get an offer. I guess the stereotype that comes with being a medic is that you are overly arrogant. I'm arrogant, sure, but not overly so. I hope.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(That's good.)

I guess I do sometimes? Stuff like that is what made me like Psychology, but I guess it's more just that people interest me. Without sounding too cliché, I want to know why people do what they do, think what they do, and feel what they do. I don't know if that makes sense, but that's mostly it I think.

I think it is a stereotype, but it's only a small part of why I like it personally :smile:

I've got a lot of friends who want to study medicine, so I've heard how difficult it is to get into it. You don't seem arrogant to me! :smile:
if anyone has any questions abput year 11, i'm online right now. i'm currently in year12, so fresh out of year 11 haha!
Original post by skhan99
Posted from TSR Mobile

Well short course ethics involves different religions and stuff like war thats just and wat religions say etc its issues linked to religions too but yeh its good!
Ha I know I hate missing lunch but its horrible...u just wanna get it over and done with...got one on Monday with my worst and weirdest teacher!and yeh I hate missing lunch..food is my life but the worst thing is when u eat during catch up one bite of a sandwich wastes five mins of writing time😁 but yeh its unpleasant and we have assembly every Monday and its the same lecture every week oh ur yr11 and its all about u....or I was talking to a student and they Sed that its important ands blah blah but hey we all were expecting it and God its not stopping!

Oh, it seems good, too.

Good luck with that. Got to give it to you though, you're strong. Food makes me so weak. 😂 Tbh food > school.

I know, it's seriously annoying. Sometimes I feel like killing the person who said it, and then myself. Sometimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MollieD
(That's good.)

I guess I do sometimes? Stuff like that is what made me like Psychology, but I guess it's more just that people interest me. Without sounding too cliché, I want to know why people do what they do, think what they do, and feel what they do. I don't know if that makes sense, but that's mostly it I think.

I think it is a stereotype, but it's only a small part of why I like it personally :smile:

I've got a lot of friends who want to study medicine, so I've heard how difficult it is to get into it. You don't seem arrogant to me! :smile:

Yeah, I completely understand. I feel that way sometimes, too. It's such an interesting topic. Do you want to go into clinical psychology or anything like that?

Phew! I mean, I don't claim to be Einstein or Hawkings, but I like to think I have an above average amount of intelligence. Heck, I don't think, I know. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I completely understand. I feel that way sometimes, too. It's such an interesting topic. Do you want to go into clinical psychology or anything like that?

Phew! I mean, I don't claim to be Einstein or Hawkings, but I like to think I have an above average amount of intelligence. Heck, I don't think, I know. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been thinking about it, but looking online it seems really, really competitive, and I'm trying not to let that put me off but... I don't know, I've not totally decided yet.

I get that, I would too! I don't understand why people tell you that you should be confident with yourself but if you say you're above average intelligence say you're being arrogant. I mean, I can't say I have the best self-confidence in the world, but that's something I've never understood.
Yes, that was me. 😂

Nothing much - just stressing about the record number of homework I have to complete and procrastinate. Wbu?

YAS! GOT! I enjoyed the last season tbh, though I do think some of it was quite choppy and not well explained. I did hate the Dorne storyline though, and the "bad pus*y" line made me want to throw up. I've read the first book and I'm currently approx 90 pages through Clash of Kings. Good stuff. Hate Tyrion and Jon. (don't kill me) Love Cersei.

Yeah, I agree though. The general consensus is: book > adaptation.

Yes. Bio, chem, maths and history. Do you have any ideas? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same- although I'm feeling fairly relaxed about my chemistry mock. I did a past paper and got 55/60 which I was really happy with :smile:- although I have my English CA soon and I'm pretty sure I'm going to do sh*t in it :/

I personally don't think it was anything as good as season- the bits I did like though were the ones at king landing and the ones with Arya. I'm pretty pissed that they didn't include some characters( won't spoil for you as you're reading books).Don't remember that line but I did like how Jaime and Bronn were together.A Clash Of Kings I remember that. Was a good book- but a storm of swords is amazing- have fun reading aha. To be honest I've never thought Tyrion( although his chapters are so good) was anything special and Jon bores the hell out of me sometimes. I like Cersei because her bitchiness and suspicion is funny but Margaery is better IMO.

The exact same options actually. I even made a thread about it( sort of). Although I'm debating on maths- might do psychology ahhhh idk.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by abbeyjayne
if anyone has any questions abput year 11, i'm online right now. i'm currently in year12, so fresh out of year 11 haha!

When did you get your exam timetable?
Original post by ScienceFantatic
When did you get your exam timetable?

About 1-2 months before they begun :smile:
Reply 1194
Original post by abbeyjayne
About 1-2 months before they begun :smile:

What did you get on results day? and when do you recommend i start revising for my mocks as they start on the first week of November?
Original post by Arfaa
What did you get on results day? and when do you recommend i start revising for my mocks as they start on the first week of November?

I got 2A*s, 7As (including RE which I sat in yr10) and 2Bs.

As for the mocks, I wouldn't take them TOO seriously but also don't flunk them either. I started revising about 2-3 weeks before snd did similarly to my actual GCSEs in the end so y'know, they're not as important as they're cracked up to be.
Same- although I'm feeling fairly relaxed about my chemistry mock. I did a past paper and got 55/60 which I was really happy with :smile:- although I have my English CA soon and I'm pretty sure I'm going to do sh*t in it :/

I personally don't think it was anything as good as season- the bits I did like though were the ones at king landing and the ones with Arya. I'm pretty pissed that they didn't include some characters( won't spoil for you as you're reading books).Don't remember that line but I did like how Jaime and Bronn were together.A Clash Of Kings I remember that. Was a good book- but a storm of swords is amazing- have fun reading aha. To be honest I've never thought Tyrion( although his chapters are so good) was anything special and Jon bores the hell out of me sometimes. I like Cersei because her bitchiness and suspicion is funny but Margaery is better IMO.

The exact same options actually. I even made a thread about it( sort of). Although I'm debating on maths- might do psychology ahhhh idk.

Oh, that's good! Tbh I haven't seriously attempted any past papers yet. Crap.

Which one? For lit or lang? I've finished my lit ones, thank god, but have my creative writing ones soon which should fairly easy A*'s.

I did enjoy the King's Landing scenes too, but I thought some of the Arya ones were boring/confusing/choppy, except the scene where she kills - I forgot his name - but you know who I mean. Don't worry with the spoiling because I've pretty much spoiled myself on anything anyway. Which characters do you mean? LSH, (f)Aegon, Victarion?

I completely agree with what you said about Tyrion/Jon/Cersei. Pretty much how I feel about them. I'm not sure on Margaery though, she's cool, I guess, and Natalie's smirk is gold, but eh. I also hate Stannis, but he seems to be taken care of in the show. :wink:

I remember now. You told me on the medicine thread. 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MollieD
I've been thinking about it, but looking online it seems really, really competitive, and I'm trying not to let that put me off but... I don't know, I've not totally decided yet.

I get that, I would too! I don't understand why people tell you that you should be confident with yourself but if you say you're above average intelligence say you're being arrogant. I mean, I can't say I have the best self-confidence in the world, but that's something I've never understood.

Yeah, it does. Last year I was taking a liking to psychology and the way forward from that for me was clinical. But don't let that put you off - ever!

ME IN A NUTSHELL. THAT HAPPENS TO ME ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

Like when people say I'm stupid or whatever, and I defend my intelligence, I become "arrogant". I like to think people say that because they're jealous, but really, who knows? 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, that's good! Tbh I haven't seriously attempted any past papers yet. Crap.

Which one? For lit or lang? I've finished my lit ones, thank god, but have my creative writing ones soon which should fairly easy A*'s.

I did enjoy the King's Landing scenes too, but I thought some of the Arya ones were boring/confusing/choppy, except the scene where she kills - I forgot his name - but you know who I mean. Don't worry with the spoiling because I've pretty much spoiled myself on anything anyway. Which characters do you mean? LSH, (f)Aegon, Victarion?

I completely agree with what you said about Tyrion/Jon/Cersei. Pretty much how I feel about them. I'm not sure on Margaery though, she's cool, I guess, and Natalie's smirk is gold, but eh. I also hate Stannis, but he seems to be taken care of in the show. :wink:

I remember now. You told me on the medicine thread. 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers, I have my mock tomorrow, feeling alright about it.
Yeah literature. I do the IGCSE English Language 0522, so I don't do coursework for Language actually :biggrin:. How'd you do on Literature? Do you have any advice?

Spoiler

Don't know why but I also like Pod haha. Some of the minor characters are pretty cool.

Good :smile:
Cheers, I have my mock tomorrow, feeling alright about it.
Yeah literature. I do the IGCSE English Language 0522, so I don't do coursework for Language actually :biggrin:. How'd you do on Literature? Do you have any advice?

Spoiler

Don't know why but I also like Pod haha. Some of the minor characters are pretty cool.

Good :smile:

Wow, good luck! We never did any mocks for ours though, hmmm. But we did ours on the computer so I was happy about that.

Advice? Fill your plan with as much info and guidance as you possibly can, so then when you go to write the essay you have essentially done the work and are just copying/fleshing out your points. Get socio-historical context in and do a lot of evaluation. I don't think I'm the most qualified though, tbh.

Thankfully, I didn't spoil myself on that so it was a real shock. 😂

I like Pod too! Also Olenna. She is great.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest